New Dumbo logging some big wait times

spacemt354

Chili's
We were at HS ready to use our FPs for TSM- the standby wait time was listed as 50 mins. We practically walked right on using our FPs, and when we exited the attraction, the CM at the entrance beckoned us over and told us we should ride again standby because there was "no wait". We did, and were in and out in less than 20 minutes. When we left the attraction, the standby time was listed at 60 minutes.

That's good. It must just be our luck then because everytime we try to go on the wait is ridiculous.

Donald96

lol when I was there in June it had a wait time of 140 minutes!! That had to be a mistake because it went back down to 30 after I got off Barn Stormer with a 20 minute wait.

DABIGCHEEZ

While waiting in line for Dumbo last December, some darling teen in front of us decided to change the wait time sign from 10 min to 110 min. Maybe he's visiting again? Haha

And I told my son to stop doing that... someone will really think it is 110 minutes! ;) But he is a teen and none of them listen! :D

djlaosc

Or avoid the bus ride and walk across the park to Magic Carpets?

Well of course you would be able to do that in 1hr 50m - I was trying to add a bit of adventure to it - stating how ridiculous a queue of that size for Dumbo is when there are others around that do the same with less queue! ;)

I bet you could possibly leave Magic Kingdom, drive to IOA, ride "Red Fish, Blue Fish, One Fish, Two Fish" and get back to Magic Kingdom in that amount of time!

djlaosc

Or head to Astro and enjoy a much better ride experience all around.

Way too many spinner options methinks.

Astro is the only one that we do every trip (finally did Dumbo last trip, did Aladdin first or second trip, never done Triceratop Spin, and I think we've done OFTFRFBF on one of our earlier trips as well!) - finally did it in the dark at last year's MNSSHP - next trip, may try to do Triceratop Spin (just to say we've done it), may do Dumbo in its new spot (same reason), but if we want a spinner ride, we would always go for Astro Orbiter over the others!

WDW1974

I guess everyone just ran and hid when they heard Kevin Yee was on his way to the back of the park with his clan.

EnigmaWave

Wait times are not always "correct".

You can say that again!

Jx5PV.jpg

It's funny, I haven't been on Dumbo in close to 20 years, and yet it's still how I refer to all the other rides. Dumbo with rockets instead, Dumbo with flying carpets instead, Dumbo with fish instead.

disney magic 06

Astro Is great lol. I do agree with the spinner comment though. Way too many

I love the view from Astro Orbiter too, we always make it our first ride one day because the queue is so slow moving later in the day. Don't bother with Dumbo very often, did Triceratop Spin for the first time this year, it is good, nice views. We have never done Flying Carpets at WDW but do them every time at DLP :confused:

Flip83

I love the view from Astro Orbiter too, we always make it our first ride one day because the queue is so slow moving later in the day. Don't bother with Dumbo very often, did Triceratop Spin for the first time this year, it is good, nice views. We have never done Flying Carpets at WDW but do them every time at DLP :confused:

The line for Astro Orbiter is brutal lol. You have to do fast pass space mt, then jump right on Astro. Or go real late at night. Nothing better then Astro at night with all the neon lights.

bubbles1812

The line for Astro Orbiter is brutal lol. You have to do fast pass space mt, then jump right on Astro. Or go real late at night. Nothing better then Astro at night with all the neon lights.

Lol. Real late at night is the only time I have ever been on Astro. It's nice but no where near worth waiting so long for, at least for me. I'm honestly always astounded to see how long the lines are every time I'm in Tomorrowland. It does look very cool at night though. Dumbo I've only actually ridden on at night as well (think I've been on it twice total). Lines were never worth it for that one either.

lebeau

I have been following the wait times via Lines the last couple of week. I had been hearing that Dumbo wasn't nearly as popular in its new location. To my amazement, I rarely see wait times of over 20 minutes any more.

Biff215

I have been following the wait times via Lines the last couple of week. I had been hearing that Dumbo wasn't nearly as popular in its new location. To my amazement, I rarely see wait times of over 20 minutes any more.

But with two spinners, wasn't that to be expected? If it still only had one, we would still be looking at 30-45 minute waits based on that. The reality is that it is still the same ride, just doubled and plussed a little bit on the theme side. I'm pretty sure most of Disney's goal was to make the wait a little more reasonable by either a) shortening the wait or b) making it more bearable with the interactive queue. I don't think anyone expected any increased popularity, especially given its location off the beaten path now, but I would think that its numbers still have to be close.

olinecoach61

That's what I've been seeing on another app.

WDWFigment

This'll sound evil, but sometimes I think, if the lines are getting long (like over 45 minutes for a ride like Dumbo), they'll post an UNBELIEVABLY long stand-by time to encourage people to try later, then drop it back when the real wait time is more manageable.

This absolutely occurs. Posted wait times are frequently used for crowd distribution purposes. There is also a systematic bias towards over-estimating when "in doubt."

bubbles1812

This absolutely occurs. Posted wait times are frequently used for crowd distribution purposes. There is also a systematic bias towards over-estimating when "in doubt."

To be truthful, I would have that bias too. By overestimating, if the wait really is that long, guests at least expected it. If it's shorter, then they say "hey cool, that was way shorter than I expected." But if the wait is much longer than expected, guests go :mad::mad::mad:! An yeah, wouldn't shock me at all to know they use wait times for crowd distribution but I understand that too. I honestly don't knock Disney (or any other park) for doing it either. Sometimes certain areas just get so super crowded.

WEDway1975

Wait times are not always "correct".
You can say that again!
Jx5PV.jpg

Yeah wait times (most of the time) are wrong. Like this one time at a late EMH I was walking out of Tomorrowland looking at the rides and guess what I see for the wait time for SGE. 30,000 minute wait! I WAS LIKE :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: I thought "WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO THIS WORLD IF, SITCH GOT A 30,000 MINUTE WAIT!" Looking back I wish I would of taken a pic of it.

WEDway1975

Found some other crazy wait times.:D

0.jpg

Little boy: Daddy!!!daddy!!! Mission:SPACE is only tC minutes long!!!
Dad: Err.... what?!?!?!?!?!?!? :confused: o_O

733e1152326c11e180c9123138016265_7.jpg

All man all the FastPass for Living with the Land are GONE!!!! :mad: :D lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom