New Dress Code

awoogala

I have found that a lot of people complain about the way others dress in Walt Disney World. If you could create a new dress code what would be on it and how would you enforce it?
um, I don't care how hot you are, it's a family park, not a nightclub. A little modesty is helpful.
If your pants are so tight you can't get in and out of the ride in a timely manner, change them.
I don't want to see any part of your underclothes.
Other than that, and the obvious nasty t-shirts, if your attire is clean and fits you, I am ok with it.
Although I think the platforms and heels are silly, I can walk a lot faster than you, so they're ok!;)

MattC

I find that SM is a good way to measure appropriateness. Ladies, if your skirt is so high or shorts so short and tight that you cannot sit on SM without the 5 year waiting behind you getting an anatomy lesson, inappropriate.

Minnie1976

Shorts long enough that the cheeks of their behinds are covered. Women wearing bathing suits in the park need to make sure they are covered. Men need to keep their shirts on. Muslim women shouldn't have their total face covered whether their religion or not. We can't wear mask.

Marco226

The only thing that I would enforce would be the use of deodorant! gah! Smelly armpits.... *gag*
Anyone caught violating this code would be hosed down by cast members with custom body sprays that smelled like the chilly dog burp found in Stitch's Great Escape. The humiliation caused by this would be justified.

righttrack

I kind of die a little inside when I see women wearing those clear acrylic 7" high heels. You know...stripper heels. First off how do you walk in those things? second off, heels in a theme park?! third, are you trying to advertise something? :eek: lol. I think these look very trashy. Especially in a family oriented such as WDW.:D

Yeah, bad footwear choices like that makes me cringe. Not the looks and style of it, but rather how painful they must be. Takes me back to the time we went to WDW and I packed only 1 pair of new sneakers and no socks. After 3 days my feet were like hamburger.

polynesiangirl

I agree with the shoes thing. Doesn't offend me, of course, but it makes me wince to think about walking WDW in heels -- and I wear heels all the time at the office! It's just not the right place for them -- my ankles cry when I see someone dressed like that. Why would you choose those for that particular outing?

A few years ago at MCO I saw a girl going through security and she had on HUGE heels with straps that laced up her calves like ballet slippers. She was holding up the whole line because each shoe took her about 10 minutes to take off. I was like, "she chose THOSE for the airport and plane ride?" Even if they'd been appropriate for wherever she was going, why wouldn't you just change your shoes when you got there?! She looked like a teenager so maybe she was trying to look cool, unsuccessfully.

pixiesteno

To go along with the please wear deordorant -- anyone wearing enough purfume (and this includes guys) that you can smell them 15 feet away should be asked to leave the park and shower. I am horribly sensitive to odors and purfumes and body sprays can be nasty and linger! Anyway just speaking for myself, guys, we like you when your are clean, showered, and wearing deordorant. There is really no reason to add things like Axe. Just my .02

blueboxdoctor

I do not believe there should be a dress code. We are in a free country and people should be able to dress as they wish.

Plus, isn't it fun/funny to see how stupid people can dress, especially when they think they're 20 and they're actually 50, best be cautious of those wild cougars in AK.

Minnie1976

I do not believe there should be a dress code. We are in a free country and people should be able to dress as they wish.

Plus, isn't it fun/funny to see how stupid people can dress, especially when they think they're 20 and they're actually 50, best be cautious of those wild cougars in AK.

Yes we are a free country, but there is such as thing as indecent exposure. If you are taking that view, then you are of the belief there should be no laws or rules.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom