New Dress Code

Goofnut1980

I don't care what you wear. Please just buy clothes that fit... If you can afford to come to Disney, you can afford a properly sized shirt and pants.

Look at pics from the 70s. People dressed nice to go to the parks.

2012 - people are sloppy.. I feel that is society in general. In the 20s people looks very nice in public, even people that were less fortunate would dress to their best. Now? people are just plain lazy!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I don't care what you wear. Please just buy clothes that fit... If you can afford to come to Disney, you can afford a properly sized shirt and pants.

Look at pics from the 70s. People dressed nice to go to the parks.

2012 - people are sloppy.. I feel that is society in general. In the 20s people looks very nice in public, even people that were less fortunate would dress to their best. Now? people are just plain lazy!
Exactly...pull those pants up guys.

A lot of places have passed laws against "sagging" but the problem is that you can't enforce fashion. But I really don't care to see your boxer briefs.

rsoxguy

Having been mentioned on this thread, I must again remind others of fashion no-no's for WDW...

277745501989256606_hCfK3Zkl_b.jpg

Susan Savia

On my trip in September we saw two women wearing Tee shirts. One tee read Bit** One and the other shirt read Bit** Two. Hmmm did they wake up that morning, look thru their closets and say, "Yeah, this looks appropriate for WDW"?

pumpkin7

Crocs and packs all around! (I haven't worn crocs but I do take a pack with me just because I don't care, and I don't take much with me. And I don't want funny tan lines!)

righttrack

I think people should be comfortable. If you're going to wear a racy outfit, be prepared to be stared at and don't fuss about it. If you've got your ya-yas out, just know that we can look (but never touch). If you're going to look like a fool I can point and laugh or surreptitiously update my instagram.

Bottom line, common sense people. You're in FL. It's hot. I don't expect to see people in business suits. Dress for the weather. Most important. 2 things. Shower AND Deodorant. The rest is optional.

Jillie Fish

I kind of die a little inside when I see women wearing those clear acrylic 7" high heels. You know...stripper heels. First off how do you walk in those things? second off, heels in a theme park?! third, are you trying to advertise something? :eek: lol. I think these look very trashy. Especially in a family oriented such as WDW.

Other than that, no obscene shirts and keep all of your goods hidden and I don't really care. :D

Grumpy36

Bottom line, common sense people. You're in FL. It's hot. I don't expect to see people in business suits. Dress for the weather. Most important. 2 things. Shower AND Deodorant. The rest is optional.

This. Especially the deoderant. I don't think it's too much to ask for everyone to wear it. I don't want to smell someone from 10 feet away. I know people are going to sweat in the heat, but there's no reason not to put on deodorant, they even sell it in the park.

Britt

I think people should be comfortable. If you're going to wear a racy outfit, be prepared to be stared at and don't fuss about it. If you've got your ya-yas out, just know that we can look (but never touch). If you're going to look like a fool I can point and laugh or surreptitiously update my instagram.

I totally agree! It's FL, it's hot and humid, I'm not expecting to see people covered from head to toe. And when people get REALLY hot they get a bit desperate and out of their normal senses out the window to cool down! Lol

I don't pay much attention unless you're crazy out there. I'm usually just making sure my kiddos are kept in check and with me at all times. Lol

donaldtoo

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Yep, that's DEFINITELY what some folks at WDW need to do...! ;)

donaldtoo

This. Especially the deoderant. I don't think it's too much to ask for everyone to wear it. I don't want to smell someone from 10 feet away. I know people are going to sweat in the heat, but there's no reason not to put on deodorant, they even sell it in the park.

For sure.
I'm one of those guys that never wears cologne (DW likes my natural scent), but I sure as heck put on deodorant. If your gonna' be around others, especially in that type of situation, it's just rude not to, IMO.

Florida_is_hot

Me I dress how ever I want ( as long as I can not get arrested ) and care less what other people think.

Other people can dress however they like ( they can dress to get arrested if they like ), and if it offends me well that is only my problem.

KCheatle

It's not just at WDW. If I could make a dress code for all of society the simple rules would be that I don't want to see (1) any skin on your torso below the level of your armpits or (2) any skin on your legs higher than 3 inches below your crotch on females and mid-thigh on males (that takes care of all stomachs, butt cracks and hanging out). I also do not want to see your toenails, men or women, if they are any color which is not there because of nail polish. Pretty much sums it up for me.

BigRedDad

Body shape appropriate clothing. Wearing a M size shirt when XXXL is too small is not appropriate. Pants with waist around your knees look. Spandex is a privilege. Thongs at water parks and the pool. Don't get me wrong, personally I have no issue with it if they have the body for it, but it is inappropriate around children in our country.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom