New Disneyland Themepark ?

jcrb

Original Poster
Has anyone wandered upon a sketch map of the proposed new theme park at Disneyland Cal. Disney bought an 88 acre orange field right across from Disneyland about a year back, and my friend said he saw the sketch. Trying to find it myself. Thank you.

TravisMT81

well at this point since the second one it doing so poorly I don't think they will be building a third park, for a while at least.

MrPromey

Originally posted by turkey leg boy
I there are/were plans for a 3rd park. There's a website or something about it I think.

I believe this was at one time the address for it (http://www.thirdthemepark.com/) which laid out the most basic placement of the park and almost nothing else. I remember there being speculation at the time about weather or not the very small site was actually run by Disney but the domain was in fact under the control of WDI at the time. It would appear that the domain is no longer in the hands of Disney Imagineering though… The original plans called for there to initially be something open to the public in some way, shape or form by 2003 with completion of a full park some time in 2010. Since nothing has come out of Disney (that I’m aware of) for well over a year, I’m guessing that those plans have been shelved for the time being for more or less obvious reasons.

kaos

Originally posted by MrPromey

I believe this was at one time the address for it (http://www.thirdthemepark.com/) which laid out the most basic placement of the park and almost nothing else. I remember there being speculation at the time about weather or not the very small site was actually run by Disney but the domain was in fact under the control of WDI at the time. It would appear that the domain is no longer in the hands of Disney Imagineering though… The original plans called for there to initially be something open to the public in some way, shape or form by 2003 with completion of a full park some time in 2010. Since nothing has come out of Disney (that I’m aware of) for well over a year, I’m guessing that those plans have been shelved for the time being for more or less obvious reasons.

It was/is slated to be a 100 Acre Woods themed water park.
It most likely will open on schedule as Disney wants to help revitalize the area and draw crowds to the resort.

Figment1986

i dont thkn they would make a new park out their untill they fix DCA so more people would go their and it would make decnt cash for the corperation.

Tiki_bud_Pan

The origional concept was "the best of everything" Phase 1 was a world showcase-themed water park with....
-great wal of china lazy river
-swiss castle water adventure
-6 slides that go down a aztec temple (park centerpiece)
-Savana play area
-Amazon river water ride

this was all slated for 2003, but nothings happened. They're now in the talks of a 2005 anniversary gift or a 2006 opening so people come back after the 50th anniversary.

the second park was going to have....
-an e-tix pooh ride (which is now going into critter country, and, announced today, is going to be a mix of tokyo's poh and BUZZ!!!!!)
-a new buzz ride
-mermaid lagoon
-the mountain in disney sea with the lagoon with 20,000 leauges and journey)
-some more new rides that immagineering had concocted

phase 2, above, was supposed to have opened in 2010, but now is, if it will open, and I'm betting it wil be something different than this, could open or something else could open in 2012-2014.

The only reason this stuff didn't get the green light for the origional opening dates were becuase the money saved for our third and your 5th park were diverted to fixing our DCA and you Epcot and give you guys a monorail expansion.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by animegirllover
I love water parks!!!

so do I, but SoCal could use another waterpark like the could use another Earthquake. I say take the money and use it to improve DCA, and rehab (ie- CLEAN UP, NOT GUT APART!) some DL classics

MrPromey

Originally posted by thebig2
Yeha I agree why do people get so bent when a post is in the wrong area, just relax

Well, to the credit of the person you are responding to, questions like this are exactly why we have a Disneyland section but to the credit of the person who started this thread, there isn't an incredibly great amount of activity in that section which may be why they posted it here. :confused:

DonickCo

:animwink:

Attachments

• full-map2.gif
    full-map2.gif
    55.6 KB · Views: 176

no2apprentice

Originally posted by jcrb
Dude get off your high horse!
It's not a matter of an elevated equestrian event. It's a matter of following the rules of the forum, which you agreed to follow when you became a member. Steve has posted this rule in SEVERAL places, to try and help remind members of this rule, in an effort to keep order to a large forum. Sometimes some members help remind others of the rules: sometimes tactfully and politely, sometimes not. Either way, it's still the rule.

And, as MrPromey alluded to, this subject probably got more attention in the WDW section than it would have in the Disneyland section. Which is kind of a sad reflection on Disneyland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom