New disney update and others

Flip83

Considering 60-70% of their yearly attendance is newbies...I dunno how true that is.

That percent seems a bit high. But they have DVC, Locals, normal vacationers and Disney fanatics who are always going to wdw. There are a lot of people in this world, so i'm sure there will be plenty of newbies every year.

It's all just weird that people who are Disney fans (or some who act like they aren't) absolutely trash WDW. I understand that disney can't please everyone, but it's still an awesome one of a kind resort.

GLaDOS

It's all just weird that people who are Disney fans (or some who act like they aren't) absolutely trash WDW. I understand that disney can't please everyone, but it's still an awesome one of a kind resort.

Don't get me wrong. It IS an awesome one of a kind resort.

But there are a lot of people out there that can't just let the place slide and be okay with it. And the place has slid in some parts, maintenance being one of them.

I don't think people trash WDW because they want to trash it. I think people just (rightly) expect better from them.

ctxak98

Just my opinion again, but, I think Disney World is greater then disneyland because you do get more unique experiences. 3 parks that are completely different minus the stuff DCA has that Hollywood studios had first. anyways....getting back on topic, for new or rumors on attractions coming has there been any talk on the monsters inc coaster being officially greenlit!?

ctxak98

So INCREDIBLY true. Few people I know who went to DK and a friend of mine that works in DL tell me it's not as good as WDW. And if I make a trip to CA, dont go for DL, but to visit other places and go to DL for a day, maybe 2.

People go to WDW, enjoy their trip, have a bunch of great laughs n memories with the family, then come home and till their next trip. Stop analyzing everything! Just enjoy your vacation.

Our Aunt and Uncle also live in FL. They bought season passes to Uni over Disney. They said never again. Uni is fun, but there is more to enjoy in WDW. Uni got boring to them, they could only ride the potter ride so much and drink the butter beer so much before it wasn't that exciting. They aren't pro disney either.

Personally, i used to love going for that day trip to Uni. But do they not care at all about their long history of classic movies? Get rid off all of your classic rides? I don't care much for the newer rides, just like all the complainers on here dont care about some new things disney has done. Its opinion. I like the new HM area. I'm very excited for the FLE. Disney has some flaws, sure. Doesnt stop me from going there and having a hell of a vacation with my family.

THANKYOU!!!!!!!!!!....somebody understands what I feel!!! disney is just always a step ahead in my eyes!:sohappy:

GLaDOS

Thats what I meant sorry! Was there any specific talk on when and exactly where in pixar place considering the area is fairly tiny!

I'm not sure what you mean by "when".

And I think the rumored location was Sound Stage 1, which is to the right as you leave Pixar Place towards the Backlot Tour.

Captain Chaos

We need moderators here enough is enough on all of this it's boring and tired of hearing about Universal this is a Disney thread guys. Be done with this!!!!!!

Why? The discussion is civil...

I think you are basing your opinions on the idea that Disney WANTS and is ANTICIPATING on bringing us new, innovative and exciting experiences. They are not. In fact, they have become a company that will only deliver when they are absolutely forced to - and the upsetting part is - now should be the time, and they still do not care. So it begs the question - WHEN will we see more great things from Disney? FLE will be beautiful - but in no way pushing any envelopes or incredibly enhancing the overall guest experience at MK. As you stated yourself - Avatar landed with a thud. So now, there are rumors of the project being backtracked, scaled back, etc. And an "it's better than nothing" sums up all of the problems that many are currently upset about with WDW. We are being trained to have this outlook and opinion, because quite frankly, management doesn't care, so "take what you can get.."

This... Menamechris said it best!!!

That percent seems a bit high. But they have DVC, Locals, normal vacationers and Disney fanatics who are always going to wdw. There are a lot of people in this world, so i'm sure there will be plenty of newbies every year.

Who is trashing Disney??? No one... No is is saying WDW isn't fun... But we can critique the place and point out where Disney has let things slip, without a care in the world, and not be a hater... The funny thing is, the people who defend WDW tooth and nail and bash Universal are acting more like haters for the sake of hating than basing the hate on anything of substance, just going on THEY AREN'T DISNEY THEREFORE THEY STINK mentality...

Sometimes people need to take off the pixie dust tinted glasses... you'd be amazed at what you would see if you open your mind a bit...

But there are a lot of people out there that can't just let the place slide and be okay with it. And the place has slid in some parts, maintenance being one of them.

I don't think people trash WDW because they want to trash it. I think people just (rightly) expect better from them.

Exactly... At least someone gets it...

Flip83

Hey, So do I. I remember when the cast members were even better. People go overboard acting like the CMs are monsters now. I remember better things when I was younger. (xmas party, some shows, maintenance etc) but I dont trash the company. We all have our opinions, but so many people on here trash every single idea or plan disney has. Give it a freakin chance people. I also read someone trashing fast pass and saying all it has done is make standby lines twice as long. Huh?! When i was a kid in the 90s, before FP, all of the big attractions were a good 90 min to 2 hr wait on the boards. now, besides those peak times (xmas, nye, 4th of july) I only see 60 minutes or less. Usually 30 minutes when I go, even in the summer.

There are differences between expressing concern and giving opinions, and trashing everything. Many on here trash every idea. If people are this bothered by a vacation spot, then go somewhere else and don't worry about WDW anymore. They have plenty of newbies to fill your spot lol.

bullsforthewin

Maintenance is not an easy job...i understand complaining about certain things but things like lightbulbs on the GF is a stretch...it is not like a guy can just get a ladder and replace them...when you need lifts and cherry pickers that becomes a hassle add that into the fact that you have to do when people are sleeping it becomes hard to get everything done.

ctxak98

Ok I never said I hated Universal....so Im not bashing. I said Disney has more detail and experiences. Disney is always doing something. How do we know that they arent doing anything? Everything is so secretive until they want it to be revealed. Im done argueing but I think Fantasyland expansion, test track, and avatar is enough rumors for now. We dont need all really exciting news all at once.

bullsforthewin

Hey, So do I. I remember when the cast members were even better. People go overboard acting like the CMs are monsters now. I remember better things when I was younger. (xmas party, some shows, maintenance etc) but I dont trash the company. We all have our opinions, but so many people on here trash every single idea or plan disney has. Give it a freakin chance people. I also read someone trashing fast pass and saying all it has done is make standby lines twice as long. Huh?! When i was a kid in the 90s, before FP, all of the big attractions were a good 90 min to 2 hr wait on the boards. now, besides those peak times (xmas, nye, 4th of july) I only see 60 minutes or less. Usually 30 minutes when I go, even in the summer.

There are differences between expressing concern and giving opinions, and trashing everything. Many on here trash every idea. If people are this bothered by a vacation spot, then go somewhere else and don't worry about WDW anymore. They have plenty of newbies to fill your spot lol.

You are talking about the WDW74 character...in his opinion the only way for for WDW to be good again is to close all the DVCs, close most of the resorts, get rid of all characters, dump all current merchandise and make everything exclusive to the store, get rid of all the current restuarant menus and make it so that they all have 100+ items on each menu, get rid of the CP program, get rid of all rides and attractions geared towards kids, ban kids from the parks, ban families and newbies, get rid of all the parades, etc.

haveyoumetmark

It's gotten to the point now where Universal isn't topping Disney; they're topping themselves.
Exactly. This single point says everything.

We need moderators here enough is enough on all of this it's boring and tired of hearing about Universal this is a Disney thread guys. Be done with this!!!!!!
It's a Disney thread, but Disney's not giving us anything to talk about. :snore:

I think you are basing your opinions on the idea that Disney WANTS and is ANTICIPATING on bringing us new, innovative and exciting experiences. They are not. In fact, they have become a company that will only deliver when they are absolutely forced to - and the upsetting part is - now should be the time, and they still do not care. So it begs the question - WHEN will we see more great things from Disney? FLE will be beautiful - but in no way pushing any envelopes or incredibly enhancing the overall guest experience at MK. As you stated yourself - Avatar landed with a thud. So now, there are rumors of the project being backtracked, scaled back, etc. And an "it's better than nothing" sums up all of the problems that many are currently upset about with WDW. We are being trained to have this outlook and opinion, because quite frankly, management doesn't care, so "take what you can get.."
Bingo.

Ok I never said I hated Universal....so Im not bashing. I said Disney has more detail and experiences. Disney is always doing something. How do we know that they arent doing anything? Everything is so secretive until they want it to be revealed. Im done argueing but I think Fantasyland expansion, test track, and avatar is enough rumors for now. We dont need all really exciting news all at once.
There are longtime members on this board who work for Disney and have confirmed that there isn't much going on. Test Track is a queue update with very minimal ride changes for a 13 year old ride. Avatar is a reactionary move that is years away and has already flopped. And FLE? FLE is... well... FLE is charming.

bullsforthewin

Exactly. This single point says everything.

It's a Disney thread, but Disney's not giving us anything to talk about. :snore:

Bingo.

There are longtime members on this board who work for Disney and have confirmed that there isn't much going on. Test Track is a queue update with very minimal ride changes for a 13 year old ride. Avatar is a reactionary move that is years away and has already flopped. And FLE? FLE is... well... FLE is charming.

here is proof of what i am talking about

Flip83

Agreed. I open my mind. We have gone to Uni plenty. I used to enjoy going that one day out of our trip. But I liked seeing those classic rides as well as newer rides. But they have no classic rides now. Im not a MiB fan, im not a Potter fan. I love the Spiderman ride. They don't theme things great. They dont have as much detail as disney has. I thought jaws had good detail and king kong did. But i feel a lot of rides in IoA lack detail. And yea, disney is always working on new things. Problem is, people don't have patience.

Now, if only I could find my pixie dust glasses, I could get back to work....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom