New disney update and others

Guppy_121

Hi everyone,

I've been reading a whole lot of posts, in many different threads on this subject ( or similar subjects ). I think some of you ( some of you ), are looking at this FLE in the wrong way. From my understanding ( and the way that I see it ), this is not in response to anything other than the demand that already exists within MK. This was not done to counter anything any other Theme-park is doing, but more to better handle the attendance that already exists within MK. In that same line of thinking, for those of you who are stating that the FLE will not bring you to or make you want to go to MK ( as far as being the pull that Potter is universal ), it's not meant to be. It is to handle the crowds that are there now. The loss of Mickey and Minnie house, is a you lose some you win some ( IMO ), as I liked the idea of that area, but I always found it somewhat lacking. I think they took some of the best features, and spread them out. Meeting Mickey at the gate ( as you enter ), should be fine ( I have yet to see it for myself, so i hesitate to speculate ), from what I have read from other posters.

Next Gen stuff. I can not fathom how people are either upset or excited about something so vague. Other than the amount of money being spent, there is no concrete "what is it". From what I can piece together, it seems like it will not be "one" thing, but something that will affect many parts of the parks. From the queues, to the rides, to the M&Gs ( ie, Talking Mickey, which I get is not the Holy Cow look what Disney did, but I find myself hoping he's there when I get there. ) I tend to agree that it "looks like", it will be more of an unseen type of "non-ride" tech., that will be more about helping Disney with crowds ( such as the rumored Xpass type stuff ), or little extras for some. ( ie, talking mickey, personalized ride experiences ).
But we do not know if there is within all that some, Holy Cow look what Disney did. For now it seems not. I have to assume that they ( Disney ) did not just waste 1 billion dollars. ( I have to assume that. )

DVC.. which has not been mention in this thread, but is usually pointed to as far as, this is where Disney is spending their money instead of on rides ( or the parks in general ). I think the idea behind this rapid increase is ? fold,
1. Clearly there is a demand for it, as it sells out quickly. So someone out there thinks this is great.
2. They are making quick turn-around of their investment. ( see #1. )
3. I believe the plan is to have the accommodations for all these guests, and then work on the parks, which sounds reversed from what they should be doing, but they might be on to something. They are selling out. Once the people are there, and are always coming back, they ( Disney ) can point to this and say OK so many people are coming to the World, equals so much money, we can justify spending X amount on this ride/expansion/maintenance. I know, I know, they might also point to this and say, why bother ourselves with more rides, people are coming anyhow. ( Hopefully this is not the long term plan ). I have to assume that it is not ( I have to assume that, we all do :) )

Avatar, I think this was suppose to be the Holy Cow look at what Disney did. unfortunately, it seems unpopular ( at least with those within these forums ). Also so little beyond the announcement, makes one wonder if it is still a go. Only time will tell.
This I think was also suppose to be a 2 punch, holy cow and let's fix ( add more to ) AK. If it is a go, it will at the very least add more to AK. For the former, only time will tell.

Maintenance. Yup I've noticed a decline as well, and I do not get out there near as often as most of you. But it leads me to wonder is it that Disney has lowered their standards, or that there is simply a combination of more of us, and more of us looking for it ( us meaning guests ), then there use to be.

BTW, I have not been to universal yet, not because of some blind devotion to Disney, my little ones I think are too small as of yet, we can not yet go on Big Thunder Mountain :cry: and the like, so I am holding off till they are older. ( just added this, since I do not want anyone thinking I'm a - Disney everything is always great, and UNI is the devil - type. I'm not. )

Have a Magical Day :hammer: :lol:

twebber55

No one is saying Universal is god... People are saying Universal upped the game... People want to see Disney be the best it can be, and in reality, we haven't seen the best of Disney in a long time... Everest is a story that has been told for years and years... The story of the yeti... been around forever... So, they took a story that has been around for ever and put it in an attraction.. Really isn't original.. Not like Disney made up the yeti... It is based in folklore which is centuries old...

Wizarding World is very impressive.. Very detailed... You can like Disney, but you put down Universal in a blind allegiance to Disney... You can like Disney more, no one says you can't... But you try to say Universal fails in theme and detail and that is really untrue...

Agh, these debates always go in circles...

i ve never understood these arguments either...as a disney fan it seems you would want universal to do well so that disney continues to produce a top of the line theme park product... competition in this case is a great thing.. im a DVC owner but my family loes WWOHP and we plan on going back..it was an incredible experience....i just dont get the blind allegience to one company over the other

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
i ve never understood these arguments either...as a disney fan it seems you would want universal to do well so that disney continues to produce a top of the line theme park product... competition in this case is a great thing.. im a DVC owner but my family loes WWOHP and we plan on going back..it was an incredible experience....i just dont get the blind allegience to one company over the other

Yes, I agree. However, unfortunately Disney appears to be defying common sense here and is not upping their game, while Universal continues to push the envelope. It's disheartening, because there was a time that Disney would have immediately planned a bigger and better response to the Wizarding World. That would then cause Universal to plan something bigger and bigger, which would cause...you get the idea. It's gotten to the point now where Universal isn't topping Disney; they're topping themselves.

Captain Chaos

I know exactly where you are coming from... I am a DVC owner too... The last trip I took, in October for the 40th, I spent 3 days in Universal's parks (2 in IOA/1 in Universal Studios)... And I loved it... When I plan my next trip, for this year hopefully, I plan on adding a 4th day to Universal, maybe even spending those days in a Universal resort (I never have before and would love to)... And this coming from someone who used to bash Universal any chance I got... I am sure a lot of my old posts are still available on the site.. people don't believe me, they can go look themselves... I used to be harsh when it came time for Universal... I used to blindly defend Disney... But I was cured... I was able to stop my addiction to the pixie dust and was able to see things much much clearer... Universal is a great theme park... IOA is tons better than DHS... By no means are either park perfect, but then again, neither are any of Disney's parks... Nothing is perfect... But Universal and IOA are not what the bashers (which used to include me) want to portray them as... IOA is one of the best themed theme parks I have been too... And their rides are tons of fun.... Wizarding World only added to the park... And in many aspects, makes IOA better than DHS any day...

bullsforthewin

The same can be said in reverse like the guy you are quoting...he says he loves disney but he also said that there has not been one good ride built at WDW in the last 15 years...he has a blind hatred of Disney

juniorthomas

I don't know why so many people are down on FLE - I think it's much needed, and will actually be pretty fun. MK needs love too. Certainly not more than AK, but still.

And as for NextGen - doesn't that sound like something a company pushes out there to get people excited about not a whole lot? I mean, it's incredibly vague. The description of added convenience that costs a billion dollars doesn't necessarily get me up and online and booking tickets, right? Sure, it may help, but we don't even really know what it is yet. I guess I just find it odd that they're promoting a relatively opaque entity.

bullsforthewin

I know exactly where you are coming from... I am a DVC owner too... The last trip I took, in October for the 40th, I spent 3 days in Universal's parks (2 in IOA/1 in Universal Studios)... And I loved it... When I plan my next trip, for this year hopefully, I plan on adding a 4th day to Universal, maybe even spending those days in a Universal resort (I never have before and would love to)... And this coming from someone who used to bash Universal any chance I got... I am sure a lot of my old posts are still available on the site.. people don't believe me, they can go look themselves... I used to be harsh when it came time for Universal... I used to blindly defend Disney... But I was cured... I was able to stop my addiction to the pixie dust and was able to see things much much clearer... Universal is a great theme park... IOA is tons better than DHS... By no means are either park perfect, but then again, neither are any of Disney's parks... Nothing is perfect... But Universal and IOA are not what the bashers (which used to include me) want to portray them as... IOA is one of the best themed theme parks I have been too... And their rides are tons of fun.... Wizarding World only added to the park... And in many aspects, makes IOA better than DHS any day...

"IOA is one of the best themed them parks." LOL omg i cant stop laughing at that statement.

How anyone can spend two days at IOA or more than half a day at Universal is funny to me...there are only two things to see at IOA and three things to see at Universal you can punch that out in a day with ease.

IOA is not better than DHS...DHS has three rides that are better than anything Universal has...ToT, RRC, TSM....MUCH BETTER WITH EASE

Captain Chaos

Yes, I agree. However, unfortunately Disney appears to be defying common sense here and is not upping their game, while Universal continues to push the envelope. It's disheartening, because there was a time that Disney would have immediately planned a bigger and better response to the Wizarding World. That would then cause Universal to plan something bigger and bigger, which would cause...you get the idea. It's gotten to the point now where Universal isn't topping Disney; they're topping themselves.

Disney is resting on its laurels... And while it is true Universal and SeaWorld are trying to play catch up, truth is Universal has passed Disney in many areas... Some people will refuse to believe that and don't want to hear it, but, it is true...

bullsforthewin

Disney is resting on its laurels... And while it is true Universal and SeaWorld are trying to play catch up, truth is Universal has passed Disney in many areas... Some people will refuse to believe that and don't want to hear it, but, it is true...

The only Universal has passed Disney on is relying on outside sources to draw crowds to their parks....

ctxak98

No one is saying Universal is god... People are saying Universal upped the game... People want to see Disney be the best it can be, and in reality, we haven't seen the best of Disney in a long time... Everest is a story that has been told for years and years... The story of the yeti... been around forever... So, they took a story that has been around for ever and put it in an attraction.. Really isn't original.. Not like Disney made up the yeti... It is based in folklore which is centuries old...

Wizarding World is very impressive.. Very detailed... You can like Disney, but you put down Universal in a blind allegiance to Disney... You can like Disney more, no one says you can't... But you try to say Universal fails in theme and detail and that is really untrue...

Agh, these debates always go in circles...

Im saying that Disney has the guts to tak something like the legend of the yeti and make it into a ride....it wasnt a movie with visuals and everything layed out for them, there was research involved. IM not saying universal doesnt do this just not as much. HEY like you said everyone has there own opinion and mine on the WWOHP was not impressive. The only part I really liked was the wal through of the castle. Just my opinion!:lookaroun

lighteningqueen

We need moderators here enough is enough on all of this it's boring and tired of hearing about Universal this is a Disney thread guys. Be done with this!!!!!!

KCMouse

I went to both DL and WDW this past year. I enjoyed WDW so much more. DL seemed dirty, overcrowded, and small. I enjoyed DCA more because I felt like there was room to move.

In DL they had a local band doing a cover of 70's rock in Tomorrowland everyday. On this discussion board some would call that genius because it happened in DL. If WDW brought in a crappy band those same people would say that TDO was horrible and the sky was falling.

menamechris

WE all want expanison but sometimes its better not to have things all at once. Waiting for something is part of the fun!!!. Many people have become so greedy with I want this and I want that. That is not what disney is about and never what It will be about. TURST ME I KNOW. I want to become an imagineer in the worst way.

DUMBO IS NOT a response to potter. AVATAR is what I going to be great and It saddens me that NO ONE or barely anyone even has faith in DISNEY that they will make it and incredible experience. and endor doesnt fit because it belongs in disney studios....you could out avatar there too but Its better then nothing.

I think you are basing your opinions on the idea that Disney WANTS and is ANTICIPATING on bringing us new, innovative and exciting experiences. They are not. In fact, they have become a company that will only deliver when they are absolutely forced to - and the upsetting part is - now should be the time, and they still do not care. So it begs the question - WHEN will we see more great things from Disney? FLE will be beautiful - but in no way pushing any envelopes or incredibly enhancing the overall guest experience at MK. As you stated yourself - Avatar landed with a thud. So now, there are rumors of the project being backtracked, scaled back, etc. And an "it's better than nothing" sums up all of the problems that many are currently upset about with WDW. We are being trained to have this outlook and opinion, because quite frankly, management doesn't care, so "take what you can get.."

bullsforthewin

I think you are basing your opinions on the idea that Disney WANTS and is ANTICIPATING on bringing us new, innovative and exciting experiences. They are not. In fact, they have become a company that will only deliver when they are absolutely forced to - and the upsetting part is - now should be the time, and they still do not care. So it begs the question - WHEN will we see more great things from Disney? FLE will be beautiful - but in no way pushing any envelopes or incredibly enhancing the overall guest experience at MK. As you stated yourself - Avatar landed with a thud. So now, there are rumors of the project being backtracked, scaled back, etc. And an "it's better than nothing" sums up all of the problems that many are currently upset about with WDW. We are being trained to have this outlook and opinion, because quite frankly, management doesn't care, so "take what you can get.."

Yeah you are so right...management does not care :rolleyes: got to love how people throw logic out whenever they post on a fansite. Got to also love the armchair CEOs

Flip83

I went to both DL and WDW this past year. I enjoyed WDW so much more. DL seemed dirty, overcrowded, and small. I enjoyed DCA more because I felt like there was room to move.

In DL they had a local band doing a cover of 70's rock in Tomorrowland everyday. On this discussion board some would call that genius because it happened in DL. If WDW brought in a crappy band those same people would say that TDO was horrible and the sky was falling.

So INCREDIBLY true. Few people I know who went to DK and a friend of mine that works in DL tell me it's not as good as WDW. And if I make a trip to CA, dont go for DL, but to visit other places and go to DL for a day, maybe 2.

People go to WDW, enjoy their trip, have a bunch of great laughs n memories with the family, then come home and till their next trip. Stop analyzing everything! Just enjoy your vacation.

Our Aunt and Uncle also live in FL. They bought season passes to Uni over Disney. They said never again. Uni is fun, but there is more to enjoy in WDW. Uni got boring to them, they could only ride the potter ride so much and drink the butter beer so much before it wasn't that exciting. They aren't pro disney either.

Personally, i used to love going for that day trip to Uni. But do they not care at all about their long history of classic movies? Get rid off all of your classic rides? I don't care much for the newer rides, just like all the complainers on here dont care about some new things disney has done. Its opinion. I like the new HM area. I'm very excited for the FLE. Disney has some flaws, sure. Doesnt stop me from going there and having a hell of a vacation with my family.

DisneyLeo18

I just had someone start at my job who used to live in England, and he saw my picture of ToT hanging and he asked about it.

He said he would visit WDW over DL or DLP any day. I myself was surprised.

bullsforthewin

So INCREDIBLY true. Few people I know who went to DK and a friend of mine that works in DL tell me it's not as good as WDW. And if I make a trip to CA, dont go for DL, but to visit other places and go to DL for a day, maybe 2.

People go to WDW, enjoy their trip, have a bunch of great laughs n memories with the family, then come home and till their next trip. Stop analyzing everything! Just enjoy your vacation.

Our Aunt and Uncle also live in FL. They bought season passes to Uni over Disney. They said never again. Uni is fun, but there is more to enjoy in WDW. Uni got boring to them, they could only ride the potter ride so much and drink the butter beer so much before it wasn't that exciting. They aren't pro disney either.

Personally, i used to love going for that day trip to Uni. But do they not care at all about their long history of classic movies? Get rid off all of your classic rides? I don't care much for the newer rides, just like all the complainers on here dont care about some new things disney has done. Its opinion. I like the new HM area. I'm very excited for the FLE. Disney has some flaws, sure. Doesnt stop me from going there and having a hell of a vacation with my family.

Shhh logic and pro-disney posts are not allowed here

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom