New Disney Treasures Nov.11

Hrudey3032

Original Poster
So who is going to get any of the new Disney Treasures? I myself am purchasing the Chronological Donald Vol.4 to complete my collection of Donald Tins.
The others are one dedicated to Annette Funicello and for the life of me I forget the 3rd one as I never heard of it but I know my brother was all excited to get it.

WhatJaneSays

I reordered my Chronological Donald Vol.4 from Amazon about a month ago when I saw it.

I can't wait! My other three volumes look lonely. I haven't even bothered to look at what the special features will be so I hope they are good.

:sohappy:

MKCP 1985

The third one is Dr. Syn: The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh.
That one may be the first Treasures DVD I decide not to buy.
More info here:
http://disney.go.com/DisneyVideos/disneytreasures/

Note the promotion for a free Zorro litho when you buy 2 DVDs.

No doubt the Donald Duck Treasures will sell the same way the other have done in the past. :king:

Annette Funicello? I can see some baby boomers buying these up, maybe not enough to sell out though.

but Dr. Syn? I have a hazy recollection of this movie from my elementary school days, but what is the appeal for this? I'm not being critical - I truly want to know why Disney expects people to buy this for $25 when there are plenty of other forgotten movies out there on the clearance shelves for $6. :zipit:

I look forward to the Disney Treasures releases, but Donald Duck is the only one I will be looking to purchase out of this set. . . unless someone enlightens me to the reason Dr. Syn is a "must have." :shrug:

JimboJones123

I'll throw in my hat for support of the Scarecrow. Man, that dude FREAKED ME OUT as a kiddo. I pulled up the youtube to see it for the first time in over 20 years... GREATNESS. Reminds me of Bale's Batman, but MUCH darker. This is easily one of the pieces I've waited way to long to get ahold of. I'm picking it up tomorrow for sure.

I'm still waiting on the complete Zorro set.

Tiggerfanatic

I just bought Dr. Syn for DH for Christmas. It's the only Disney movie from his youth that he ever talks about and has complained for years about it not being released. Since the only thing he ever watches on TV is the History channel, the chance of him finding out that it is available is slim to none. He will be so surprised come Christmas morning.....

prberk

No doubt the Donald Duck Treasures will sell the same way the other have done in the past. :king:

Annette Funicello? I can see some baby boomers buying these up, maybe not enough to sell out though.

but Dr. Syn? I have a hazy recollection of this movie from my elementary school days, but what is the appeal for this? I'm not being critical - I truly want to know why Disney expects people to buy this for $25 when there are plenty of other forgotten movies out there on the clearance shelves for $6. :zipit:

I look forward to the Disney Treasures releases, but Donald Duck is the only one I will be looking to purchase out of this set. . . unless someone enlightens me to the reason Dr. Syn is a "must have." :shrug:

Annette was a real Disney legend, and the serial she was in ("Annette") also gives a real look into the Disney stars of the time -- Tim Considine and Tommy Kirk and others. If it looks a lot like The gy Dog, or even My Three Sons or Leave it to Beaver, do not be surprised. They shared some of the same directors and actors. Great little series.

She was also a nice girl and a fun pop singer. This material helps show how she became the pop princess that she did (which she treated well even later in life). Could be a good model for certain current Disney pop divas, uh, er... princesses!

Paul

MKCP 1985

She was also a nice girl and a fun pop singer. This material helps show how she became the pop princess that she did (which she treated well even later in life). Could be a good model for certain current Disney pop divas, uh, er... princesses!

Paul

amen to that!

and thanks also to Jimbo and Victoria for the additional information on Dr. Syn. :wave:

Chernobog

I just wanted to note, for those unaware, that Dr. Syn and Donald vol. 4 are already discontinued...maybe the Annette, as well, I'm not sure on that one. (They were discontinued 10 days after they were released!) I was able to secure a couple of copies of Dr. Syn for a friend and myself from disneyshopping.com. They were out of them the next day, so I just got in under the wire. I found a 3rd copy of Dr. Syn elsewhere and sold it on Amazon for 60 bucks! (It sold within 5 hours of me posting it, I was shocked.) So, if you see a copy, grab it and enjoy. There are not a lot of them out there evidently. On a side note, my lovely wife bought me the Donald vol. 4, so my collection is complete for Donald now.

Chernobog

Member of The League

amen to that!

and thanks also to Jimbo and Victoria for the additional information on Dr. Syn. :wave:

Incidentally, I was unaware of the Dr. Syn novels altogether until reading the graphic novel (ok, comic book) The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. (Which is easily a thousand times better than the horrid Sean Connery film that came out a few years back...although Connery was decent in it.)

In the story, the characters are in the League HQ at one point, and on the wall are pictures of past members of the League. Dr. Syn is one of those characters. I remember seeing his picture in all his BADitude (it's a word...kinda), and thinking, who is this guy? So I look him up only to discover a slew of novels and that my beloved Disney had done films of him...and starring the Prisoner himself Patrick McGoohan! Needless to say, I've been anticipating this release since it was announced nearly a year ago.

Now, bring on Zorro and let's keep our buckles swashed! (Which sounds quite unDisneylike when typed out!)

Have a Merry Christmas everyone. :xmas:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom