New Disney Park in America?

WDWFanatic007

Original Poster
Well here let me put it this way why not have about 3 states in development or rumored,however you wanna say it and please put San Francisco in the Rumored Lineup as well as Phoneix,AZ. These Cities don't have any play at all and need some adreneline from Disney! My last one is probably Las Vegas,NV.

Pongo

WDWFanatic007 said:
Well here let me put it this way why not have about 3 states in development or rumored,however you wanna say it and please put San Francisco in the Rumored Lineup as well as Phoneix,AZ. These Cities don't have any play at all and need some adreneline from Disney! My last one is probably Las Vegas,NV.

This has been said, these are WAY to close to Disneyland to be considered. Not to mention, San Frasisco is in the same state. Phoenix is a desert. Las Vegas is not the right atmosphere. Oh, and it's a desert.

jiddng

Thrawn said:
Except for one thing: There is a reason these rides closed.

Well.... that was just wishful thinking.... I know it wouldn't be practical, but sometimes I just wish I could ride Horizons "one more time"

btw.... what is the reason these rides closed?

Thrawn

Account Suspended
jiddng said:
Well.... that was just wishful thinking.... I know it wouldn't be practical, but sometimes I just wish I could ride Horizons "one more time"

btw.... what is the reason these rides closed?

Mostly, low attendance, out of date, etc. They don't close super popular rides, just the ones that aren't very popular (by comparison of course, don't make "well 58492394 people loved horizons" arguments)

fiftiesdean

robynchic said:
They tried to develop one in northern Virginia, so it would be close to Washington Dulles International Airport and Ronald Reagan National Airport. The location, Haymarket, is kind of out of the way. The Walt Disney Company had already bought the land and starting making plans. But a bunch of residents complained that it would cause a lot of traffic that they didn't want, so the Company stopped.

I think it was more of a "this is going to cost too much, we won't recoupe the costs" thing. It was going to be a history/learning/park with something along the name of Disney's America.

One of the reasons this park wasn't built was because of the fiasco @ EuroDisney and the debt it caused.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
FiftiesDean said:
I think it was more of a "this is going to cost too much, we won't recoupe the costs" thing. It was going to be a history/learning/park with something along the name of Disney's America.

One of the reasons this park wasn't built was because of the fiasco @ EuroDisney and the debt it caused.

The actual reason they didn't allow TWDC to build Disney's America was that it would destroy "historic Civil War Battlefields" :hammer: Which, as the poster said, now has residental housing.
Here's a great Disney's America site: http://chotank.com/disneyrom.html

Testtrack321

I'm against the whole Disney Theme Park Chain idea as Disney IS NOT a Six Flags park, it's a destination, it's been that way for over 50 years. Here are some reasons why not in these locations....

1). Las Vegas,NV - Change from kid friendly place, now going back to Adult entertainment capital of the world.
2). Baltimore,MD - Rain, rain, rain.
3). San Francisco,CA - LAND.
4). Seattle,WA - See Baltimore.
5). Phoneix,AZ - Again, think destination resort, not chain.
6). Houston/San Antonio,TX - mabey the best bet, but still not a good choice.

The problem with a Disney chain of parks is the fact Disney dosn't get their money from the immediate local community, they get it from travelers. Cedar Point can build new rides every year, but they cost $14 million. Mission Space cost upwards $300! And to even ponder Expedition Everest.... ouch.

Remember the phrase to live by, Quality Over Quantity!

Testtrack321

Thrawn said:
The actual reason they didn't allow TWDC to build Disney's America was that it would destroy "historic Civil War Battlefields" :hammer: Which, as the poster said, now has residental housing.
Here's a great Disney's America site: http://chotank.com/disneyrom.html

Which is also untrue, as they would destry them through being inthe approxamate vicinity to one, or a possible one. Kinda.

The problem with Disney's America was the fact some people tried to convince people there were Civil War battle fields near the park, and as is the culture in VA, everyone backed them because they don't want to look like jerks ruining their "culture". Personally, I find it tragic, not that it wasn't built, but the fact that people are so gullible!

tigger_rox00

expansion

I live in Ft. Worth Texas and i can happily say that Disney bought a bunch of acreage in Burleson, which is about 5 miles south of ft. worth sometime last year. My friends family owned about 1/4 of the land which they sold for a very good price. Disney wouldn't say what they wanted the land for except it was for the company's "future interest". I'm not saying that they are going to put a park there, though there is enough for one or two, just that they made a huge purchase of land that shouldn't go un-noted.

TTFN

WDWFanatic007

Original Poster
You know what if you want to say something to me bad,don't say it but if you want to be friends with me Goof,just be it!! I have'nt said anything bad about you,at all!!

WDWFanatic007

Original Poster
goofyfan13 said:
Be ready for some dissapointment then....
I don't even know why you think their should be some dissapointment,their will probably be one more park before Disney is stopped building their parks. Disney is very smart,I'm sure you know that by now unless your totally off your rocker!!! Villains play a big part at WDW. If you new that I would'nt have said that to you.:goodnevil

Testtrack321

I feel like I need to shot something.

Really, I mean come on people! Calm down!!! There has only been two other times in the company's history whre additional parks outside of the DL and WDW area were under serious discussion at Burbank, one for Disney's America, the other when Paul wanted to build Disneyland type malls across the country.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
WDWFanatic007 said:
I don't even know why you think their should be some dissapointment,their will probably be one more park before Disney is stopped building their parks. Disney is very smart,I'm sure you know that by now unless your totally off your rocker!!! Villains play a big part at WDW. If you new that I would'nt have said that to you.:goodnevil

No, they don't. The heroes play a big part. The heroes always win. Name me an attraction where they don't, and everything doesn't turn out just fine.

Yes, Disney is smart. Thats why they would build any future parks outside of WDW or the DLR. They are trying to make vacation destinations. Building one park is not a destination, it is just a one day trip. It would attract mostly locals, and not the nationwide guest base. Disney knows the money is in the weeklong or longer stays, and they will add parks to WDW or DLR to increase the amount of time people spend on their vacation. Why do you think the Disney Cruise Line includes days at WDW in their packages? To increase the time spent at Destination: Disney.

robynchic

Testtrack321 said:
The problem with Disney's America was the fact some people tried to convince people there were Civil War battle fields near the park, and as is the culture in VA, everyone backed them because they don't want to look like jerks ruining their "culture". Personally, I find it tragic, not that it wasn't built, but the fact that people are so gullible!

Excuse me? "The fact that people are so gullible"? Have you ever BEEN to that part of Virginia? There are historical landmarks EVERYWHERE. I live in the part that you're talking about. The local mall's plans had to be re-done when it was being built because a bulldozer picked up a body in a Confederate uniform. I've found bullets from the guns when hiking. It's not a claim. It's TRUE. There ARE battlefields all over. And they were planning on building it next to the MANASSAS BATTLEFIELD (which is a national historical site). Some southerners (or Confederates...:rolleyes: ) call it "The Battle of Manassas Junction" because the Confederates refer to the battles by the railroad junctions. Everyone else read this battle in their history book as "The Battle of Bull Run" (1 AND 2).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom