New Disney Park in America?

DizGuru2004

MiklCraw4d said:
Yep... I'm sure they have all the extensive work done on Mineral King still in the archives. If Disney were to expand to other locations I'm sure it wouldn't be for more Magic Kingdoms but for more specialized, Mineral King or DVC style resorts. In fact, if they tied such an outdoorsy destination in with DVC I'm sure it would be successful.

Again, nice ideas, but not happening. We will not see other "DVC style" resorts outside of existing Disney destinations (Orlando, Anaheim, etc.) This is why: Disney's Vero Beach Resort and Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort were created (well, other than to bring in cash flow) to give current DVC members the opportunity to be able to spend their points at other places besides WDW, thus making it a more attractive sale and increasing member retention. This was before DVC had all of the relationships they now have with Interval International and such places that allow trading of points around the world. Disney won't be building a ski resort anytime soon for DVC members, because DVC members can already go to a ski resort using their points...often times for less than the comparable stay on property!

What you CAN expect to see is at least one other on-property DVC resort (after Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa Phase 2 and Phase 3 are sold out,) and something on the West Coast convenient to DLR.

ctwhalerman

Yea, after spending so much money in California for the failed DCA expansion, and all the money they are spending in Florida, then they will not dare spend money to open a new resort outside of Anaheim or Central Florida...Of course I can be wrong, and it could just be the college night (and the Doors) talking in me, but I cannot see Disney spending any money on anything unless it has direct profits, which means it would have to be involved with Anaheim or Orlando, or else Disney would not be involved. That said, I for one would love to see a Disney hotel up here in New York, but I know well enough that it is simply wishful thinking!!

bgraham34

I remember when there were rumors to put a park in NJ enclosed in a dome. But that never happened. I can't see them building in the US anymore. There are other untapped resources outside here that can bring in more mula.

Disneyfan1981

Personally, I like have only 2 Disney parks on each coast of the US. I say don't expand into other states and spend the money pumping up the parks we already have. IMO

jsfra209

I just dont see it happening.. Disney is making plenty of money now, and has no reason to put another huge resort complex (because you know it wont be just ...a park...) in a different state. Building a new resort is MAJOR dollars!!

tomman710

Disney owns a ton of land in Katy, which is like 15 miles outside of Houston, so it's basically Houston. A long time ago they had thought about building a centralized park, but then canned the idea because they don't want to take business away from the other two. I agree with this, you have two parks and for the most part anywhere in this country they are easy to get to. Why take business away from that. That being said, I did a little research, (I work in real estate) and Disney still owns the land, so they must be holding on to it for some reason, although I doubt it will eve rmaterialize into another park.

WDWEric

no need for new parks....I liked the disneyquest idea though. i went to the one in Chicago a couple of times the price was a bit high but it was always busy.

imagineer boy

tomman710 said:
Didn't the DisneyQuest in Chicago go out of business?

No thanks to Paul Pressler. :mad: I went there on my last trip, and it was awesome! BIG mistake Disney. I would've kept it open no matter what. They should build more Disney Quests in different cities. That'd be awesome if we could have one in St. Louis! :sohappy:

TALON819

Thanks For The Reply, I Don't Live In Vermont, I Am From N.c., Not Everyone Likes To Fry Thier Butt Off In Orlando. The Best Time I Ever Had In Disneyworld, Was In January. The Temp Never Went Above 65 Degrees And I Was There For 8 Days. It Was Great. Vermont From May To October Will Stay Above 60 ,and From June To Sept Will Stay Above 70, And In July And August Will Stay Above 80, So Its Not All Bad. The Fall Is Great To See With All The Trees Changing......p.s. I Didnt Type The Letter That Way, Thats Just The Way It Showed Up On The Post

wdwfairy

I agree with not creating more parks...the magic just wouldn't be the same. I'm interested to know why they have land in Katy.. I grew up there for 12 years and I go there all the time. I just can't imagine where they bought the land, it isn't exactly the biggest town ever, it's just a suburb of Houston. Any fellow local Houstonians know where their purchased land is?

Thrawn

Account Suspended
wdwfairy said:
I agree with not creating more parks...the magic just wouldn't be the same. I'm interested to know why they have land in Katy.. I grew up there for 12 years and I go there all the time. I just can't imagine where they bought the land, it isn't exactly the biggest town ever, it's just a suburb of Houston. Any fellow local Houstonians know where their purchased land is?

Can be anything. Movie sets, warehouses, office buildings. Disney owns a lot of land in surprising places.

flFigment

TALON819 said:
A Cool Idea Would Be That Disney Should Put A Resort/park In Vermont. If They Take A Section Of A Mountain, They Can Have A Ski Resort, How Cool Would That Be, A Disney Ski Resort!! Also They Could Have Tubing And Sledding For The Younger Kids., And The Christmas And New Years Celebration Would Be Spectacular. Also Maybe Build A Skating Rink. Everyday They Would Have Ice Carvings Of All The Disney Characters. They Could Have Sleigh Rides Thru A Christmas Tree Lit Forest, With Christmas Music Ringing Thru The Trees. One Resort Could Be Called The Great White North Lodge. During The Summer Months They Could Have A Regular Theme Park, With All The Disney Rides. But The Nice Thing Is The Heat Will Never Be Really Bad In Vermont. With So Much Forest In Vermont They Could Have A Nature Walk Trail, So That You Could See Deer Or Moose Or Other Local Creatures, Or Just Maybe Go On A Picnic With The Family, And Have A Train Or Gondola Ride That Takes You To The Top Of The Mountain, And Have A Mountain Top Restaraunt. A Summer Resort Could Be Called The "old Time Inn" Which Would Reflect The Local Inns Around New England...it Was Just A Thought, You All May Add Some Ideas....thanks For Reading....talon819
Vermont?
Obviously you have not been introduced to the non big business “friendly” state of Vermont. Do some research in the Internet and you will quickly discover Act 250 and the repercussions there of. Investigate the storm water run off issues they have with businesses like Home Depot or Wal-Mart? OR you could check into see how long Lowe’s has been trying to get into Vermont and still have not.
Vermont is a state that prides itself on the beauty and small town feeling of the state; which it is. One of the most infamous bumper stickers in Vermont is the moonlight (work two jobs) or starve. Trust me when I say,” Vermont will NEVER allow a theme park in the state NEVER!”

SirGoofy

As I am from NJ, I have always wished for Disney to buy up some NJ shore property and create an amusment pier. It's not big enough to be a full-fledged park, so it wouldn't syphon too much money from the rest of the parks or dilute the magic.

imagineer boy, gotta second your wish for more Disney Quests. They were supposed to put one in Philly, which is really close to me, and I was really mad when the deal fell through.

tomman710

wdwfairy said:

Yea I live in Houston, it's within a few miles of Katy Mills, you know there is alot of empty land around there. There is nothing on it, it was bought years and years ago with the intention of getting land while it's cheap with the notion of building a centralized park. Then when that idea got squashed and the area was built up, especially Katy Mills, there was a thought of building a Disney Quest, unfortunately the failure of the one in Chicago kinda put that on hold indefinitely. I'd have liked to have seen a Disney Quest and the appeal of a Disney park so close to me would be too hard to pass up, but financially it's not a good idea. Just keep building up Orlando and make it the special place it is, one of a kind.

that_L_do_pig

tomman710 said:
Yea I live in Houston, it's within a few miles of Katy Mills, you know there is alot of empty land around there. There is nothing on it, it was bought years and years ago with the intention of getting land while it's cheap with the notion of building a centralized park. Then when that idea got squashed and the area was built up, especially Katy Mills, there was a thought of building a Disney Quest, unfortunately the failure of the one in Chicago kinda put that on hold indefinitely. I'd have liked to have seen a Disney Quest and the appeal of a Disney park so close to me would be too hard to pass up, but financially it's not a good idea. Just keep building up Orlando and make it the special place it is, one of a kind.

is this the land that is Northeast of 99 and I-10?

robynchic

They tried to develop one in northern Virginia, so it would be close to Washington Dulles International Airport and Ronald Reagan National Airport. The location, Haymarket, is kind of out of the way. The Walt Disney Company had already bought the land and starting making plans. But a bunch of residents complained that it would cause a lot of traffic that they didn't want, so the Company stopped.
Now, the land that Disney had purchased is all residential development, causing...traffic!

Also, in Baltimore, there wouldn't be space for it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom