New disney news and rumor too

BongoMonkey

Original Poster
I found these on screamscape today:

1. Tower of Terror - Confirmed - (3/14/03) A Japanese newspaper has broken the news that Tokyo-Disneysea will install their own version of Tower Of Terror by March 2006 at a cost of 21 billion Yen ($121 Million).

2. Project Gemini - Rumor - (3/14/03) A reader was kind enough to point out a few interesting facts on the Trademark website. So far Disney has filed for pending US Trademark rights to names Discoveryland and SSE: Time Racer. They also filed for the name Global Village on the same day as Discoveryland which leads me to wonder if this could perhaps be a new name for World Showcase as well. Just another confirmation that this project is moving right along.

Shaman

Discoveryland...SSE: Time Racers...Global Village......hmmmm........interesting....by what screamscape reports it seems (atleast to me) Disney is rushing to get PG up and going pronto.:sohappy:

But maybe I shouldn't get my hopes up:veryconfu :brick:

WDWspider

I don't see World Showcase becoming Global Village though. That sounds like a new Microsoft Area after Time Racers or something. What's the name of the current area behind Spaceship Earth?

Purdue129

Just a comment on trademarks, often a company(esp. entertainment) will file for trademarks just in case they will ever use the names. This has been the case in the past for Six Flags and Cedar Point, they've filed for trademarks, and haven't used the names yet. So Disney might be using these names, but it might not be for awhile. Just another reason to wait for official announcements. ;)

bhg469

Originally posted by spider-man
I don't see World Showcase becoming Global Village though. That sounds like a new Microsoft Area after Time Racers or something. What's the name of the current area behind Spaceship Earth?

i thought it was the global village already? i have heard that name before though

imagineer boy

I like the thought of those ideas. I think they're true. By the way, what land would they put a ToT in Tokyo Disney Sea? American Watherfront?:confused:

dox

Well at a minimum, the trademark stuff confirms that they are definitely considering or planning PG. Of course, that doesn't mean they will do the plan. But at least it means that the PG plans we've seen are real, so it seems. I don't remember reading any posts from CMs on this topic. I wonder if they have heard anything. I have a CM friend who claims that the recent employee newsletter does have vague comments about PG.

WDWFREAK53

When you're taking a rumor...the fantasy rumor of your life...when you're taking a rumor...you'll begin to lose you mind's sight...

(AKA...I'll believe it when I see it :) )

Luke1984

Ugh! Am I the only one who thinks TOT will look stupid in Disney Seas? Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Disney Seas suppose to be themed with sea based attractions? Tower of Terror will look horribily silly in it. I'd add TOT to their Disneyland instead.

Hopefully Disney Seas doesn't turn out the same way as Animal Kingdom. The park is dedicated to animals yet Dinorama, The River Rapids, and now Forbidden Mountain don't have any animals. The only attractions with real animals are the Safari, the Jungle Trek, the bird show, and the Discovery Island walking tour. :(

I don't know though. Maybe they'll put Asian mountain animals around the Forbidden Mountain. That way it won't look stupid.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Originally posted by Luke1984
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Disney Seas suppose to be themed with sea based attractions? Tower of Terror will look horribily silly in it.
Isn't SeaWorld supposed to be a "sea based" theme park ? It works perfectly well with Kraken & Journey To Atlantis.

THe Global Village idea was first kinda used in the Millennium Village. I think that is where this idea to rename World Showcase comes from. Just a thought.

MillVillDavid
(Ambassador of the Month, October 2000)

AndyMagic

Originally posted by Luke1984
Ugh! Am I the only one who thinks TOT will look stupid in Disney Seas? Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Disney Seas suppose to be themed with sea based attractions? Tower of Terror will look horribily silly in it. I'd add TOT to their Disneyland instead.
Go check out pictures of DisneySea. There is an entire area devoted to America and that is where the ride is going to go. The people who designed the park did so in a way where they KNEW they were going to add this ride. The land in which it is going to be built was picked out before the park was even done so don't worry, it will work just fine. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom