New disney news and rumor too

Jerm

It is going to go in the Waterfront area, it was actaully one of the plans from before the park opened for future expansion. They have a large area set aside for it from what I recall. I think anyone that thinks it will look stupid should go check out the themeing of that area of the park on any of the million of web sites. It will actaully fit very well in there, the are going to retheme the outside of it jsut like there are doing here at DCA but it will fit great. Also that is the only area of the park that did not have a E-Ticket attraction at opening..........so now everyone knows why.

J

imagineer boy

Originally posted by Luke1984
Ugh! Am I the only one who thinks TOT will look stupid in Disney Seas? Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Disney Seas suppose to be themed with sea based attractions? Tower of Terror will look horribily silly in it. I'd add TOT to their Disneyland instead.

Not all of the Disney Sea Attractions are sea based. The lands are sea based with some rides to go along and encourage its theme. Does Indiana Jones have to do with Seas? No, and they have an Indy ride in the Lost River Delta themed area. Does Journey to the Center of the Earth have to do with seas? Nope. And it has a ride in the Mysteriouse Islnad themed area. Those are some examples of rides that have nothing to do with the sea theme, but incourage the atmosephere and theme of the themed areas. ToT will encorage the American Waterfront Theme a bit more. Besides, where would they put a ToT in the Disneyland? Frontierland?:lol:
By the way, you're right, the Dino Rama area has nothing to do with animals, but it incourages the cheesey theme of Dinoland. Dinoland's main overall theme is Dinosaurs, and Dinosaurs were Animals, right? Think of that the cheesey tourist traps were there because of the success of the Dino institute. That's baisicly the story of Dinoland.:)

no2apprentice

More for the thread drift.:D

It will be interesting to see how Disney does the theming for ToT at TDS. If they put it in American Waterfront, that area is themed around the turn of the 20th century. No TV. No Twilight Zone. Should be interesting to see what WDI has up their sleeves.

Luke1984

Some of your guys opinions are right but I still think TOT would be dumb in Disney Seas. Why not come up with new rides? TOT will look good in the Paris Disney Studios and probally California Adventure but Disney Seas? I don't think so.

The only way I see TOT working in Disney Seas is if it gets a new theme and name.

I guess theming doesn't really matter anymore though. It's more about cloning great attractions in one park for all the other parks. Even if it looks odd.

CTXRover

The only way I see TOT working in Disney Seas is if it gets a new theme and name.

I can't remember where I read this or what truth there is to it, but if I recall right, the article said that the TOT at Disneyseas would NOT have the Twilight Zone theme because the Japenese audience is not familiar with the "Twilight Zone" series.

It obviously won't be a direct clone because of its setting at Disneyseas. I'm totally guessing, but I would imagine that the Hollywood aspect will be completelyremoved. I also don't think the ride would have to be "sea" based to fit into this park. I haven't been there, but from photos and descriptions, it appears each area is recalling a certain "port" or coastline around the world. Thus along the American waterfront, you undoubtedly would have a hotel. But in this case, it is "deserted and haunted".

imagineer boy

Originally posted by CTXRover
I can't remember where I read this or what truth there is to it, but if I recall right, the article said that the TOT at Disneyseas would NOT have the Twilight Zone theme because the Japenese audience is not familiar with the "Twilight Zone" series.

Ah Ha! I knew it. I was wondering if it would have a Twilight Zone theme or not, but I knew that the Japanese would probably not be familiar with the Twilight Zone series. I don't think the French are Either. Are they?

CTXRover

Hopefully Disney Seas doesn't turn out the same way as Animal Kingdom. The park is dedicated to animals yet Dinorama, The River Rapids, and now Forbidden Mountain don't have any animals. The only attractions with real animals are the Safari, the Jungle Trek, the bird show, and the Discovery Island walking tour. :(

..Thread Drift.. :)

I don't know. I always thought of Animal Kingdom being about not only animals, but also the natural surroundings that those animals live in.

As for Dinorama, both Triceratops spin and Primevil Whirl are themed with the "extinct animals", dinosaurs (i.e. TS has actual triceratops as ride vehicles and caricatures of dinosaurs outline the entire track of PW.) It may not be an educational area about dinosaurs, but it is poking fun at America's ongoing obsession with these creatures.

As for KRR, it is going back to the natural surroundings that animals live in, in particular, the rainforest. (Of course, this attraction was originally supposed to be a "water safari" with Tigers along the way, but it would be hard to want to take pictures when your camera could get wet)

As for FM, (if it is built and according to current rumors), it will contain the "mythical animal", the Yeti. Originally this part of the "animal kingdom" was to be represented by Dragons and Unicorns (and maybe some day it will), but this is a new way to bring this part into AK.

Animal Kingdom is for all animals...the real, extinct, mythical and "fairy tale" animals. So far, I think every attraction covers it well. Of course, everyone is entitled to their opinion :)

Shaman

Originally posted by CTXRover
Thread drift....Animal Kingdom is for all animals...the real, extinct, mythical and "fairy tale" animals. So far, I think every attraction covers it well. Of course, everyone is entitled to their opinion :)

I totally agree, and I may be going out on a limb here but I think that when AK gets a couple more quality rides this park will be Disney's best park in the USA. (Even better than MK). Why do I think this, because for some odd reason, people complain alot about this park because of its lack of rides, and yet they keep coming back (why?? Because they see something new each time). This park has the potential to appeal to all groups. And at first I have to admit I didn't like the park, but it soon replaced EPCOT as my favorite Disney park.
As for ToT clones popping up all over the place, I think it shows Disney's recent habit of cloning their great attractions. The way I see it, as long as the theming is different inside and out, I have no problem with it. (REMEMBER THE VERY IDEA OF MAGIC KINGDOM and all other Disneylands, are all CLONES themeselves, FROM CALI'S DISNEYLAND...:lol: so maybe this cloning thing isn't all that new..:lol: ).

well I'll stop drifting from the thread, just a few comments.:hammer:

imagineer boy

Originally posted by hypercatmatt
well...what about tarzan rox?
it's not focused on his little dressed up animal friends.
Tarzan is a human,not an animal.

Well, it takes place in the jungle. Where animals live.

Hopefully Disney Seas doesn't turn out the same way as Animal Kingdom. The park is dedicated to animals yet Dinorama, The River Rapids, and now Forbidden Mountain don't have any animals. The only attractions with real animals are the Safari, the Jungle Trek, the bird show, and the Discovery Island walking tour. :(

I don't know though. Maybe they'll put Asian mountain animals around the Forbidden Mountain. That way it won't look stupid.

Are you saying dinosaurs are not real animals?
:lol: :lol: :hammer: :hammer: :lol: :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom