New Disney Monorail

yensidtlaw1969

BDAN29

Invero said:
Purple was always good to me... Gold on the other hand, always giving me problems.
So what happened on Gold when you were on it?

As far as the model goes, I consider them to be Mark 5 1/2 because the trains have the Mark VI doors, but only 5 cars and are relatively round like the Mark Vs at DLR.

Horizons1

Where did you find the Dumbo set? I searched all over for 3 days and I couldnt find a single one. Nice setup tho.Your lucky yensidtlaw1969, you got to put up your purple monorail, my mom is making me wait till Christmas. :lol:

JonnyK

check out this link of the real monorail.. that is posted on ebay (from the pics it look like it) or somthing. Interesting to read.

Click

yensidtlaw1969

Horizons1 said:
Where did you find the Dumbo set? I searched all over for 3 days and I couldnt find a single one. Nice setup tho.Your lucky yensidtlaw1969, you got to put up your purple monorail, my mom is making me wait till Christmas. :lol:
I found it in Once Upon a Toy. I spent most of my time in Downtown Disney this trip, and most of my time in Once Upon a Toy while I was in DTD. I got there one day and it was there, along with about 7 others (suprised there were that many), but when I got back to the hotel, it didn't work, and ofcourse it was late so my mom didn't want to take be back to exchange it till the morning, which I was nervous because the may have run out by then and then I'm stuck. I ended up opening the thing up to see what was wrong(which took an hour since I had to unscrew it with a can opener [half the time I was screwing it the wrong way, which made it even harder once I discovered the right way since it was deteriorated mostly] since the hotel wasn't nice enough to put a screwdriver in the room. They never think of the guest anymore!Lol), and I found the problem which i fixed, but Dumbo ran bumpy, so I went back the next morning and was lucky enough to find only $ DUMBO'S LEFT, and the castmember at the register when I exchanged it asked where I had got it since it was discontinued, so after hooking me up with another he grabbed one so there were only 2 left. i didn't have any luck with the Mad Tea Party though (Darnit! That was the one I wanted most! I LOVE Alice in Wonderland! And I'm sure the Dormouse found it "Very, very rude indeeeeeed" when I didn't pick one up last year{which I recently discovered I can imitate the dormouse thanks to the aid of my families ears.}) So, if you're lucky, you may find one of the 2 (or less) Dumbo('s) left, if there are any. I hope ebay has the Mad Tea Party. On that last note, A Merry, Merry Unbirthday Toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
YOU!

yensidtlaw1969

Ooooh! Who is the best at getting the Discontinued Monorail Accessory sets? I JUST hopped over to ebay like I said I would, typed in Mad Tea Party set and got the ONLY Mad Tea Party set under that name on buy it now for 11 bucks! Sorry to gloat, I'm just SOOO EXCITED! I thought I was dreaming when I saw it there. It should get here next week, so I'll add another picture when I get it! Everyone else, TAKE PICTURES OF YOUR SETS! You know what? I'll start the Official Monorail Toy Collection Photo Gallery Thread. The M.T.C.P.G! Now if I can only think of a theme song. . .

Horizons1

Lucky you found and got yours when you did. I tore that store upside down looking for Dumbo and The Mad Tea Party sets :lol: . Oh well I will just have to wait till my Febuary when the state fair rolls in. Every year they have a area that has stuff that isnt sold at Disney World anymore. Last year they had the DCA toys, so im hoping this year they will have the dumbo and tea party sets. *crosses fingers*

yensidtlaw1969

Horizons1 said:
Lucky you found and got yours when you did. I tore that store upside down looking for Dumbo and The Mad Tea Party sets :lol: . Oh well I will just have to wait till my Febuary when the state fair rolls in. Every year they have a area that has stuff that isnt sold at Disney World anymore. Last year they had the DCA toys, so im hoping this year they will have the dumbo and tea party sets. *crosses fingers*
Check Ebay. Look for Items that are on Buy It Now so that way you don't have to bid and you KNOW you're getting the product. That's what I did. Type in anything Dumbo/Mad Tea Party related. Also. I think the Laughingplace.com Store may have them. Tear the Internet up as you did Once Upon a Toy. You may get lucky like I did. You just have to be in the right place at the right time; before anyone else is. Best of Luck!

yensidtlaw1969

Hey, did anybody get the California Screamin' set? I was thinking of getting it(if I could find it anywhere) and just wanted to know if it was worth it because it looks like one of those things that can either be really cool or really cheesy(not that I don't like cheese). Thanks to anyone who can help!
P.S: Anybody got pictures of their collections yet?

yensidtlaw1969

disneybuff100 said:
If you really want one then go to Contemporary and they definetly have a chalk full of them.
You mean they have alot of California Screamin's? I wonder if they still sell the Disneyland sets that were discontinued at WDW in Disneyland. Can anyone confirm?

(Deja-Vu! I feel like I've written this post before. Strange . . . [Insert Twilight Zone Theme song here])

yensidtlaw1969

disneybuff100 said:
Thanks,but i've been here like about a year now so ok
Sorry, i didn't notice when you joined, I just saw your number of posts and jumped to a conclusion, sorry. Welcome just the same anyway!

Rcoaster809

Hey guys,

I have all of the items available for the WDW Monorail. The newest pieces just came today because I had them shipped home. I have a question about the lighted sign set. When I turn the WDW arch light on, it does not turn off. The Grand Floridian Sign turns off on its own after a few minutes.

Any help would be appreciated so I don't have to take a screwdriver to it again.

yensidtlaw1969

Dude, trust me. Don't take a screw driver to it again. I had a, um, "situation" with my Dumbo I got on my last trip (July 26th-August 3rd this year) and it's jsut not worth it. If worse comes to worse keep the reciept and return it next trip. It may be a while to wait, but if you destoy it it doesn't even look pretty till you can return it. Read the story of "The Little Can Opener that Couldn't, or atleast couldn't fix Dumbo" at the top of the page.

Rcoaster809

lol, thanks for the advise. I only used the screw driver to open the battery compartment and take them out. I wouldnt know what to do if I took the whole thing apart.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom