• WDW Monorail Red
  • WDW Monorail Purple
  • The Polynesian
  • The Grand Floridian
  • TTC/Switch Track
  • HO Scale WDW Railroad
  • Main Street Train Station
  • And the Resort Signs

I too am thinking about the Contemporary and Spaceship Earth on my next trip. I can't wait to see what they will come out with next.

yensidtlaw1969

Joevn said:
I LOVE my monorail toy. And the accessories and other attractions that they've come out with are so neat. I practically drooled at the large display at Once Upon a Toy...if only I had the money and space for it all. Took so much will power to leave without purchasing something. I'm contemplating getting Spaceship Earth or the Contemporary next time I go, though. :)

Joe
Same here, except I actually did buy something (the Haunted Mansion) after my parents said no 60 times because we couldn't take it on the plane. In 2 days, I'm getting my first monorail :animwink:

WDWScottieBoy

I was really tempted to buy the monorail when I was there during the 100 Years of Magic. I saw them for sale while at the GF gift shop at teh display they had. I don't know why I didn't buy one because I regret it now. I have asked for a set every year for Christmas since then (yes an 18 year old still makes a Christmas list full of Disney items! :lol: ). I'm hoping to get SE or something next week when I'm there even though I don't have the monorail. I love the architecture of SE and like to collect things from there. Does anyone know the prices of the pieces for the monorail set?

nicholas

Anyone have any pics of their monorail sets all assembled and arranged nicely? I would love my own set, but alas, will have to live vicariously through yours.

Joevn

nicholas said:
Anyone have any pics of their monorail sets all assembled and arranged nicely? I would love my own set, but alas, will have to live vicariously through yours.

I don't have pics of mine. It wouldn't be interesting because all I have is Monorail Red, but here are a couple of links:

Here are pics from Once Upon a Toy store, including the display I drool over:
http://www.wdisneyw.co.uk/priceouat2.html

This has lots of other pics from the store with more close up shots
http://www.disneypix.com/Recreation/DowntownDisney/2002b/Downtown2002b.htm

Including a sign with the prices of the toys:
http://www.disneypix.com/Recreation/DowntownDisney/2002b/Downtown0802-30.htm
(Prices are a little higher now, I think. This photo is from 2002.)

Enjoy!
Joe

WDWScottieBoy

Thanks Joevn, that helps a lot. I'm looking forward to seeing it all set up while I'm there and checking out the prices....I might just have to get the set!

mikeb_86

Monorial Toy News!!!

Ok hear it is it goes. I had a chat with a Cm @ DTD and thay are saying Thay sad that a monorail barn dont know how much is coming out next year in 05!! It will hold 4 monorails but that was not it, thare's going to be also a Cool Blue one with disney charitors Like that die cast bus will come out in 05 and thare also rumering a MGM playset and Epcot one like Animal Kingdom. Is this news or not to bad its our year off i have to get it shiped to my house my bro and his wife are going down so thay may get it for me or ship it hear. Dont know what time of year thow. O yea and no Ca Screaming Coaster and Dumbo or Tee Cups thare discontued at WDW and no other DL Sutf i dont colect DL i do WDW!!!

This is my list sorry no photo's thow!!

WDWMonoral Black 2 years ago
(Lots of extra $10 track)

The Contempertay
The Polynesian
The Grand Floridian
TTC/Switch Track
SE Set
Battery WDW Railroad Train
And some rare Diecast

And on this trip

More track
WDW Monorail Yellow and Purple(Purple gust got on the shelf 4 weeks ago)
HM Playset
Tree of Life playset
More Diecasts including the $35.00 MS Thing
The Tree Surb and light thing
And the Resort Signs
And i also got a Disney Themepark Addition Monoply and my bro got a Mr Potohead. 1 potto Every park except Dumo and the Ponansho i think thares 2 more thow.

Thats the news!!!
mikeb_86

phlydude

I put my foot down. My wife cringed when I said it and asked where I was going to put it but she caved in and I won! :sohappy:

I will add the new purple monorail to my set which includes:
GF
Poly
Contemp
Monorail Red, Black and Yellow
SSE
Dumbo, Astro and Teacups (all with attraction connectors)
Cindy's Castle
Haunted Mansion
TTC
Main St Station
HO scale WDW Railroad train

Sorry Nicholas, no pics as I had to disassemble before it was fully completed

yensidtlaw1969

They should make a motorized TTA/People Mover. That would please alot of people including myself :animwink: . I made a model TTA car (not detailed at all, very boxy looking) and hot glued a track to my wall near the ceiling angled a little bit and I'm starting to hate the thing. It really disgraces the TTA. The only problem is that if I take it down I may have to re-sheetrock the entire wall :hammer: .

Horizons1

Ahh i love the toy Monorails.I purchased the purple one back during the 4th of July weekend i believe.The only thing that stinks on the Disney World toys is that they discontinued the Dumbo,Astro Orbiter,and Mad Hatter Tea Party toys.I went on a frantic 3 day search all over WDW for them and all i found was the AO,the one i already had. :dazzle: :brick: Oh well,new additions to the monorail toys sound good.Something else for my folks to think very exspensive :lol:.And i have pictures of my old monorail setup,I will try to scan and post them as soon as i can.

Horizons1

Alright guys i think i got this thing right not sure though.Ive never done much scanning before so sorry if the picture quality is bad and small.Ok so this was the overall setup my monorail before we finished the room.This was back before i had the miniature WDW H/O Scale train.In the center of course is the monorail.The only monorail I had the time was black.To the left is a Lionel train which ran under the monorail beams and to the right back corner is the large WDW train.The room as i said was unfinished at the time so please exscuse the mess.Lol, I never thought I'd have to be apologizing for my extra room being a mess on the internet. :lol:
Anyways heres the link:http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/sho...7971f9949185cdbdced1e6e&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

More pictures will coming soon!

flyersmv

i never really liked those monerails..they were kool when i first saw them but i thought it was kinda point like...thats my opion tho

yensidtlaw1969

Anybody else got pics of their Monorail setup? I just addad alot to my collection, including my first monorail :lol:. Last trip I got the Haunted Mansion, and this trip I got Monorail Purple, Spaceship Earth, Astro Orbitor, and one of the Last 3 Dumbo's in existance :D :D :D .
Pics coming soon!
Note to self: Head over to Ebay for a Mad Tea Party.

the-reason14

Thats cool because our last trip in July I bought the exact same one. I noticed that this one goes slower than my black stripped one and they spiel sounds differently too. Is yours like that too.

phlydude

All three of mine travel at different speeds compared to the others. That's one of the downsides of battery operated trains.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom