New Disney Monorail

yensidtlaw1969

Rcoaster809 said:
lol, thanks for the advise. I only used the screw driver to open the battery compartment and take them out. I wouldnt know what to do if I took the whole thing apart.
Neither did I, but that didn't stop me!
(P.S-My Mad Tea Party may come today, so if it does I'll take pictures.)

phlydude

The contemp had 3 dumbo rides left. I found some Orange Stingers in the outlet in the LBV outlets (not the premium outlets) on 535 South past S International Drive.

phlydude

You get in a car and the whole thing spins like dumbo. Except instead of going up or down, the cars are on a pivot and swing out until you hit about 45° out from the verticle. The toy tries to simulate the motion.

BTW, it looks like the new smaller SSE is out now in the "Once Upon a Toy" store in DTD

yensidtlaw1969

phlydude said:
BTW, it looks like the new smaller SSE is out now in the "Once Upon a Toy" store in DTD
What do you mean smaller SSE? Is it Monorail Compatable or is it just a display toy thing that has nothing to do with the Monorails?

phlydude

yensidtlaw1969 said:
What do you mean smaller SSE? Is it Monorail Compatable or is it just a display toy thing that has nothing to do with the Monorails?
It is compatable but it is a smaller sphere (at least from the box it looked smaller - it wasn't on display)

bgraham34

i always wanted to get one but they just seem like cheap plastic toys. Unlike my real Lionel Trains which are older and metal.

diddy_mouse

i know this is late jumping in the thread, but i must comment on how cool the monorail set is...i hadn't seen it set up until my last trip in May. i was looking at all the cool stuff you could add to the tracks..but then i told myself that i (sadly) have no place to in my house to put a WDW monorail system. :brick:

phlydude

Where does it say that they are authorized to modify or manufacture these toys?

I look at it this way, you buy these as collector's items or toys. If you buy them as toys, it doesn't matter what color you get. If you buy them as collector's items, then you won't buy modified versions. I know people who have bought them as toys and have taken them apart and put in different motors as well as rechargable batteries and relays that hold a train at a stationand things of the sort. These people are not collecting, they are using them as toys and are hobbyists.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom