new disney game, codename "epic mickey"??

pilka214

Original Poster
while stumbling through webpages on the internet on stumbleupon i saw a link with a picture that looked like a large barge like thing with the earful tower on it... so reading the name it said "epic mickey" so i had to check it out.

what this apparently is, is concept art for a proposed new Disney game. and looking at the concept art i can't say i like it... but saying as i haven't heard anything about it, i thought i'd pass it on to you guys so you can get a look. really eery stuff in my opinion.

http://www.stumbleupon.com/s/#32inxJ/community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/37694738.html/

tare

It looks absolutely stupid!!!!!!!!!!!! Why make anything disney horrific???????!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????

pilka214

Original Poster
i'm hoping the dark parts shown in the concepts is possibly the evil parts of the game... and your fighting against it. if you look at the one piece are art w/ the large bottle of paint thinner there are a bunch of normal cartoons running around... potentially battling the mechanized boats??

DizneyPryncess

wow - some of those pictures are a little disturbing! My DH & I were really into Kingdom Hearts in college, and there really are some dark parts to it. These drawings remind of the "Imaginationland" episodes of South Park...if anyone has seen them....

I'd be interested to see how this game turned out!

Raychul

Sorry, I work in the video game industry and just wanted to jump in for a bit.

The artwork style is called "Steampunk" - think of movies like City of Lost Children. So far it's still very much a rumor as to exactly what the supposed game will be, but it's said to be a platform-adventure and some believe it's artwork from the new Kingdom Hearts series. Also, we know that it will be a Wii exclusive and players will be painting their way through the game using the WiiMote.

Disney has this sigma of always being made for the younger kids and tweens (lately everything Disney in the video game world has been terrible music games for Hannah Montana fans) so it's really hard to reach out to the gamers that are above 10 years old. I think this new style is gorgeous and it will bring the Disney universe to people that normally would never think twice about playing something with the name "Disney" on it.

As a journalist in the industry and a diehard Disney fan, I am looking forward to seeing new info on this game as it's released.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
It looks absolutely stupid!!!!!!!!!!!! Why make anything disney horrific???????!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????
Just because it's Disney doesn't mean it has to be made of cotton candy, rainbows, and unicorn farts.:shrug: I think it looks great!
The way I see it, there's a difference between being a "kids' game" and a "family game." Winnie the Pooh (generally) is for kids. Pixar stuff (generally) is for the family.
This one doesn't look to be a kids' game.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom