New Disney Dream Job Contest!

XSTech

Original Poster
Winners of the 2007 Disney Dream Job contest have been asked to spread the word about the new contest, so here I am doing exactly that...

This time around, the contest will take place both at Walt Disney World and Disneyland and only one winner will be announced. That winner will hold the new title of Chief Magic Officer.

As a winner in this new contest, you will receive:
- Up to 8 (eight) round trip tickets for CMO appearances at Disney Parks events
- Limo service between Disney Parks and airport
- Deluxe accommodations while on CMO assignments
- 20 Disney Parks admission passes
- VIP host throughout each stay
- Salary plus a per-visit bonus
- Insurance to cover visits

More information here:
http://www.attractionsmagazine.com/blog/?p=178

And the official contest site here:
http://www.dreamcmo.com

Good luck! You have until January 27th to enter.

imamouse

Thanks for sharing this information, Ricky. Although I'm good with kids and would LOVE to grant wishes to guests, I struggle with the video creation and uploading requirement. I have a neighbor who might be able to walk me through it, but it's still quite a long shot.

Since you were selected last year, what advice do you have for the video portion of the interview? How did you campaign for votes? Pointers welcomed!

I noticed a couple of interesting items in the contest rules:

"Chief Magic Official Job": The Grand Prize Winner will be announced in a ceremony at the Walt Disney World® Resort on April 22, 2008 and will be offered the job of CMO

This is bound to siphon crowds from DAK's 10th anniversay, which is also April 22.

Grand Prize Winner would be required to attend the Toy Story Mania Press Event at Disney's California Adventure from 6/11/08-6/13/08; Mickey's Halloween Time at the Disneyland® Resort from 10/4/08-10/6/08; the CareerBuilder.com meeting in Chicago from 1/6/09-1/8/09; and an event at Disney's California Adventure from 4/24/09-4/26/09.

It's interesting that dates for the opening (media event) of TSM in CA are provided, but not for TSM at DHS. It's also interesting that none of the appearances listed are at WDW (yet).

XSTech

Original Poster
Since you were selected last year, what advice do you have for the video portion of the interview? How did you campaign for votes? Pointers welcomed!

Well, last time around they gave 4 categories on which they'd be judging. We had to be entertaining and funny as well as show that we were ready to do the job. This year, I'm not sure exactly what they're looking for. It's a very different situation. If I were doing it, I'd make sure to emphasize, in the most creative way I could think of, how much Disney magic means to me and how incredible it would be to create and spread that magic to others.

My advice for campaigning would be to utilize every possible resource you have to get votes and ignore anyone who thinks you're doing too much. ;) Many of the ones who won last time were very active on message boards, podcasts, web sites, even local news media and talk radio. Once we got to Disneyland, the folks at CareerBuilder applauded us at how inventive we were in getting votes. I have a feeling that's why they're going to be providing tools for people to create "viral campaigns" this time around... they want to see more online fun!

The Grand Prize Winner will be announced in a ceremony at the Walt Disney World® Resort on April 22, 2008 and will be offered the job of CMO
This is bound to siphon crowds from DAK's 10th anniversay, which is also April 22.

Unless of course the winner will be announced *at* DAK's 10th anniversary! ;)

kennygman

As a 2007 Pirate winner I'm excited to see that someone will have a chance to make dreams come true. It was so fun being a pirate. I'm sure the CMO will have a great time with the dream squad making dreams come true.

RSoxNo1

I'm not really sure what to think about this. I did the Jungle Cruise last year, made it to the top 20, but wasn't selected. I'll have to look at the rules for this one because at first glance I'm not quite sure what I could do. Unfortunately, I'd also probably have to do it this week.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Booo. my sister just informed me I can't apply because she works for Disney....

I hate rules

*hugs for ya* A similar rule kept me out of the Imagineering student competitions for internships :( This time it appears the exclusion doesn't apply to prior CMs.

Ausdaddy

Did anyone notice, in the rules, that one of the events to be attended doesn't have a name and is in April '09? Could it be the launch of DCA's nighttime show?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom