New Disney Dollars

courtfran

Original Poster
In case anyone is interested, the new disney dollars are out with the Celebrate Today! Theme, here are some pics

celebratetoday.jpg
celebratetoday2.jpg

courtfran

Original Poster
the ones that I have from last year that I got around christmas were themed for Mickey's 80th birthday so I don't know if they did have YOMD

SoccerMickey

They're cute and a great affordable collectible but I'm surprised they're being continued with the gift cards being the way to go now, and Disney not really marketing them like they used to in the past.

MissDisney23

I don't mean to sound dumb...but I've been coming to Disney World once a year since I was five and I've never heard of these! Are they just like money for disney parks? I'm sure everyone else knows but I was just wondering?!

courtfran

Original Poster
You can use them in the Disney Store, WDW, or Disneyland. They are like regular money and you can use them anywhere throughout property. I have even used them at Pleasure Island to buy drinks. haha

Kobe!!

Damit! I got a few DD 2 weeks ago and got the old ones! It'd be so cool IMO, to have the new ones when I go in 20 days!!!

Bug715

They're cute and a great affordable collectible but I'm surprised they're being continued with the gift cards being the way to go now, and Disney not really marketing them like they used to in the past.

I'm not surprised because it is a great idea for kids since with a gift card you have to keep the reciept to know how much you have left. With Disney Dollars you can count it which is a great math/money lesson.

I can't wait until I go down in 17 days to get some for my little cousins for their birthdays. I think I'm going to get both a $10 and get Sarah a $5 and Matthew 5 $1s. Hopefully they will be saved to be used to come visit me when I move down this summer. If they come to visit I'm sure that there will be some waiting for them when they get there.

Last year my Dad found $50 in Disney Dollars that he got from some DVC thing in the 90s. He kept meaning to bring them to use when they visited me on my CP but I ended up getting them for my birthday in July.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom