New Disney Dollars

WDWNooby

Disney Dollars

I have found these at the Disney Store and am sending them to my granddaughter a little at a time for her to save for her trip. I like to send her things for a great gymnastics meet, good report card, etc. so I thought this would be a good way to get her to save for our trip in June. Of course I have a few set back to hold on to for her scrapbook of our trip. I wish I had those Princess ones...grrrrr

Kristamouse

Each time I am at the Mall I buy 10.00 or 20.00 worth and save them for our trip (we always have one planned:p) Usually a year apart. When it comes time to leave I have about 100 to 200 worth and use that towards our stay and any extra's. Not really a saving's plan but I can only spend Disney Dollars in WDW. In the past our piggy bank would get raided for other things like pizza or movies leaving little for vacation. Domino's won't take them so they stay safe for our trip. And I don't miss a 10 or 20 here and there like I would miss a 100 or 200 here and there so we all win....

Erika

They're cute and a great affordable collectible but I'm surprised they're being continued with the gift cards being the way to go now, and Disney not really marketing them like they used to in the past.

I hope they keep going with them. I'm with Bug715- they're a lot better for kids than the gift cards. We used them this past fall with our 2 year old as rewards leading up to our Dec trip- she saved them up and was able to buy a couple of little souvenirs. It was a fun way to get her started on the idea of earning and saving up for something fun. And she was able to physically see/ count how much she had left which you can't do with a gift card.

The downside is, the got a real dollar from her grandma recently and insisted that the man in the picture must be a Disney character :ROFLOL: :eek:

So, on the Disney Dollar, good news- teaches math; bad news- might mess them up in other ways :lol:

Tiggerfanatic

I used both the gift cards and the dollars on this last trip with my niece7 and nephew10. I had got them both a $75 gift card and $25 in Disney dollars. They used the card for larger purchases like pins and souveniers, and the Dollars were handy at the drink and snack carts, and in the candy store.

GothMickey

I think the new ones look nice. I never have been a collector of Disney Dollars, nor have I ever had the desire to get them. Maybe this trip I will get these for a keepsake.

SoccerMickey

If you have your heart set on getting the current edition of Disney Dollars and won't be in the WDW area you can buy them at the Disney Stores but they do not always stock the most current editions. You can go there today and still get the ones with Dumbo and Stitch on them. Just an FYI

Slighty

These new Disney Dollars are cute! Their very colorful and look more kid oreiented then the ones i got when i was little.
My parents used to get at least one DD every time we would go so that we would have a keepsake from that year- we haven't done it for a little while, maybe we should get some next time we go!
I must say, although these are more colorful and cute (And isn't that what Disney's about?? :animwink:) I think the old ones looked more like real money :D

Does anyone know when they might be changing the Dollars, or if they plan too?

Phonedave

I don't mean to sound dumb...but I've been coming to Disney World once a year since I was five and I've never heard of these! Are they just like money for disney parks? I'm sure everyone else knows but I was just wondering?!

"There just like real money, only more fun. "

"Give me $1,000 worth"

:)

-dave

Frank&Ollie

I loved Disney Dollars, I just wish Disney had better marketing for them.

I have no idea where to get them now, and with the popularity of Gift Cards already mentioned on this thread, this seems antiquated to me.

I have to believe that the minds at Disney can create something as unigue as Disney Dollars, just in a more current Gift Card type format.

bgraham34

I love the Disney Dollars as well. The new ones are nice but I have to agree they should only hae 1 character at a time on them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom