New discount beginning Friday for most travel dates 6/15/11-8/13/11

pinkrose

There’s a new summer discount being released for Walt Disney World. It’s for most travel dates 6/15/11 – 8/13/11. Booking will begin on Friday, 4/1/11 and must be booked by 5/28/11. It will be subject to availability.

Save up to 30% on Deluxe resorts
Save 30% on Deluxe Villa’s

We'd love to give you more details and help you book!

Give us a call or send us an email:

Our phone is 1-866-566-7858

E mails:
Pam@KingdomKonsultant.com
Marie@KingdomKonsultant.com
Richard@KingdomKonsultant.com
Tammy@KingdomKonsultant.com
Jenell@KingdomKonsultant.com
Denise@KingdomKonsultant.com
Jessica@KingdomKonsultant.com
Heather@KingdomKonsultant.com
Gloria@KingdomKonsultant.com

I'm underwhelmed. I think it's great if you don't have a discount already, but I just ran it for someone and she would end up paying $500 more than she would with her free dining pin!

Upvote 0

stratman50th

I love a good deal as much as the next person, but if you seriously can't afford your vacation without "free dining", then you shouldn't be taking one.
Never had free dining. First time I heard about it was three or so years ago when my neighbors got it (October). I couldn't believe it since I never thought Disney ever gave anything away for free.
I have never used the dining plan before either. The option have never seemed to fit in with our schedule and plans. Just didn't want to have to plan the entire trip around scheduled meals.

Finally, thanks for the information on the discounts. I called about 8:00 this morning and now have a check coming for a $1,110.48 refund!:sohappy:
You all are awesome! Now I'll be able to feed everyone! :D

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

Never had free dining. First time I heard about it was three or so years ago when my neighbors got it (October). I couldn't believe it since I never thought Disney ever gave anything away for free.
I have never used the dining plan before either. The option have never seemed to fit in with our schedule and plans. Just didn't want to have to plan the entire trip around scheduled meals.

Finally, thanks for the information on the discounts. I called about 8:00 this morning and now have a check coming for a $1,110.48 refund!:sohappy:
You all are awesome! Now I'll be able to feed everyone! :D

WOW!!! :eek: that is awesome!! Glad we were able to help you!!! Thats what we all are here for. :sohappy:

Upvote 0
Why wait for discounts? Why not book your reservations now, and if an offer is released you can call to add the discount.

I have to agree with this, especially if free dining comes out because waits can exceed 2 hours just to get through. Better to at least have your room, keep up with discounts, and then apply them later. There's no penalty unless you're under 45 days before you travel.

Upvote 0

timon71

Agree

I would not loose too much sleep over it. KK asked for permission from the mouse before posting. Pam (KK owner) is a huge stickler for the rules when it comes to stuff like this.
Yoda,
I agree! It is awful that we, including yourselves, that follow Disney's rules and don't post or say anything early sometimes have to deal with the outcome of what other agencies do. Wishing you and your agency the best of luck this year.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Yoda,
I agree! It is awful that we, including yourselves, that follow Disney's rules and don't post or say anything early sometimes have to deal with the outcome of what other agencies do. Wishing you and your agency the best of luck this year.
Best of luck right back at ya!

My motto has always been do the right thing even when no one is looking. It is a bit frustrating to see people get away with stuff at times but on the plus side I am never looking over our shoulder either.

Upvote 0

Rob562

I'm underwhelmed. I think it's great if you don't have a discount already, but I just ran it for someone and she would end up paying $500 more than she would with her free dining pin!

It really depends on the makeup of the group and which resort they're staying at. At a Value resort, Free Dining is pretty much always a better offer than a percentage-off discount. Moderates are usually pretty close either way when it's for two adults, but tips toward Free Dining's favor when there's more than 2 people involved. Deluxes are almost always better with a percentage-off discount.

I ran the numbers for friends who *just* decided to join us for part of our trip in June (and thus missing the previous discount booking window that ended on Sunday). They also have a Free Dining PIN available.
The difference between a WL Woods View on Free Dining and on the new discount (while paying full price for the DDP) is less than $10, with the percentage-off special narrowly winning.

-Rob

Upvote 0

petey

Thanks to everyone on this board, and to Master Yoda who suggested I call AAA (where I booked) early this morning about the new room discounts. I was originally booked @CSR to try and cut expenses. I have been spoiled staying over @AKL lately and with the new discounts AAA
was able to switch me back over to AKL for just about the same rate I
would have paid @ CSR before the discounts kicked in. Once again thanks to WDW Magic I was informed before the general public found out, and was able to act fast. Hooray for Zebra Domes!!!!!!!!:)

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I have to agree with this, especially if free dining comes out because waits can exceed 2 hours just to get through. Better to at least have your room, keep up with discounts, and then apply them later. There's no penalty unless you're under 45 days before you travel.

Frau is correct. You will be penalized if your package goes down in price with any change made ($50). If you go up in price by upgrading you will not be penalized.

Pam

Upvote 0

Disney61

In February I made a reservation and utilized a AAA discount for a theme park view room in the Contemporary tower. When I called Disney Travel this morning and checked on getting the 30% off promotion, I was told that my type of room was not available for the discount for the dates I had previously booked. I was discouraged, but through a little on line research (WDW.com) I found by adding another night that the 30% was available. I called Disney Travel back and took advantage of the discount and still saved over $200.00 (even though I added an extra night to my stay). Please note, you can have either the 30% off or the AAA discount, but you can not combine both.

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
In February I made a reservation and utilized a AAA discount for a theme park view room in the Contemporary tower. When I called Disney Travel this morning and checked on getting the 30% off promotion, I was told that my type of room was not available for the discount for the dates I had previously booked. I was discouraged, but through a little on line research (WDW.com) I found by adding another night that the 30% was available. I called Disney Travel back and took advantage of the discount and still saved over $200.00 (even though I added an extra night to my stay). Please note, you can have either the 30% off or the AAA discount, but you can not combine both.

That is true and I am so happy that you were able to save money on your trip!

Pam

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom