New DHS Logo and info.

brucie

I Like it. It looks good! I Love that Mickey is in it! More so now then I would have before because I'm 3/4 of the way through a Biography on Walt Disney called Walt Disney: The Triumph of the American Imagination. It is one of the best books I have ever read, prob more so because I'm a Disney fan. But I recommend it!!

MKMICKEYFAN#1

Cant anyone just enjoy Disney anymore?

I have been reading various threads across this site lately, and all I get the feeling of, is that you all think Disney is YOUR park. Actually, it belongs to everyone. In regards to this particular thread, why does everyone who feels as though they have a clue about photoshop feel as though they could have made a better logo? Do you work for Disney in graphics? No. I work in the industry in graphic design and as photoshop has become more accessible, I feel as though many amateurs feel as though they can do so much better then others who have dedicated their lives to this career. And in some cases, that is the case, however most of the time they lack a lot of what my colleagues have. When will all you realize that Disney does not have to report to you before they make a change, decision, or logo (in this case)? Can this logo be changed/perfected? Yes. However, maybe this was the direction Disney was going for. Maybe they didn't feel the need to have it with flashing lights, music, and all the bells and whistles but have a simply stated logo, with of course the coolest mouse in the world. I like the logo, and I am happy with what Disney chose. I am a cast member as well at WDW and have encountered so many people (guests and cast members) complaining about Disney changing this or that, and the thing I wish deep down every time I read or hear someone complaining is that they think back to the time when they were a kid and perhaps entered WDW for the first time. Think of all the magic the parks held for you. Unlike most of you, a lot of Disney's guests only come every couple of years, if that. Most of them still have that Disney "first-time" magic each time they enter a park. And maybe some of you do too. All I am asking is that people stop criticizing and complaining that Disney did something to ruin your vacation and just take in all that there is to see and do. Disney makes decisions based on the whole guest experience not just those that come every couple of months, if not more, and who get bored of certain things, feeling the need to try and make it THEIR park.

Every time I enter the park to go to work or even just relax, I get that same rush I got when I was a little kid and entered the first time. Let's try and keep the magic alive for others and not just try and keep it all to ourselves or end up ruining it by complaining about this or that. C'mon people ENJOY DISNEY like you did the first time you went.

To all those that really enjoy Disney and don't complain at every possible chance there is to complain, this message is not directed at you. :animwink:

Ok, I'm done, back to just reading and observing...lol

brisem

Not sure if this was asked already--Since MGM is no gone, will they have to change The Great Movie Ride? Most of the clips were MGM Property.

Scar Junior

I have been reading various threads across this site lately, and all I get the feeling of, is that you all think Disney is YOUR park. Actually, it belongs to everyone. In regards to this particular thread, why does everyone who feels as though they have a clue about photoshop feel as though they could have made a better logo? Do you work for Disney in graphics? No. I work in the industry in graphic design and as photoshop has become more accessible, I feel as though many amateurs feel as though they can do so much better then others who have dedicated their lives to this career. And in some cases, that is the case, however most of the time they lack a lot of what my colleagues have. When will all you realize that Disney does not have to report to you before they make a change, decision, or logo (in this case)? Can this logo be changed/perfected? Yes. However, maybe this was the direction Disney was going for. Maybe they didn't feel the need to have it with flashing lights, music, and all the bells and whistles but have a simply stated logo, with of course the coolest mouse in the world. I like the logo, and I am happy with what Disney chose. I am a cast member as well at WDW and have encountered so many people (guests and cast members) complaining about Disney changing this or that, and the thing I wish deep down every time I read or hear someone complaining is that they think back to the time when they were a kid and perhaps entered WDW for the first time. Think of all the magic the parks held for you. Unlike most of you, a lot of Disney's guests only come every couple of years, if that. Most of them still have that Disney "first-time" magic each time they enter a park. And maybe some of you do too. All I am asking is that people stop criticizing and complaining that Disney did something to ruin your vacation and just take in all that there is to see and do. Disney makes decisions based on the whole guest experience not just those that come every couple of months, if not more, and who get bored of certain things, feeling the need to try and make it THEIR park.

Every time I enter the park to go to work or even just relax, I get that same rush I got when I was a little kid and entered the first time. Let's try and keep the magic alive for others and not just try and keep it all to ourselves or end up ruining it by complaining about this or that. C'mon people ENJOY DISNEY like you did the first time you went.

To all those that really enjoy Disney and don't complain at every possible chance there is to complain, this message is not directed at you. :animwink:

Ok, I'm done, back to just reading and observing...lol

I understand a lot of your sentiments. However I'm going to play devil's advocate on your photo shop point...

I've never used it and know nothing about it. But I think it's comparable to filmmaking. My camera is only $3500 yet is used across the industry (mostly due to reality tv). Most people in my age group and experience are still technically amateurs yet we have every right to think we can produce better entertainment than is being offered by Hollywood and NY businessmen.

But this is a Disney Hollywood Studios thread and not a filmmaking thread, so I'll get back on point.

While I am completely neutral on the logo... I agree with people's right to think it looks like an amateur did it. But I think this may only be because the talent of "amateurs" is equating and surpassing many paid professionals (like with filmmaking). Check out the "The Day After Tomorrow's Child" graphic that was done in the SSE Delayed thread. I don't know if Captain Hank is a professional graphic artist, but it looks more impressive to me than this logo.

Do I think the logo is bad? No. But it isn't stunning... and I'm fine with it. But those with talent - be they amateurs or professionals - are welcome to tell us their opinions.

the-reason14

The first time I went to WDW, I didnt enjoy it as much as I do today, the only real thing I enjoyed was Its a small world. Some attractions that were there then I wish I could experience now, but now is the time(whoa, I think I just made my first pun:p) that I enjoy WDW more than I think I ever had. Im a goofy crazy little kid when I get there, and Im ready to be fun and have some fun. Just my comment about 'experiencing WDW the same way I did as a kid.' I dont think I'd wanna do that, I'd be riding IASW all day long.

Oh yea, in regards to the new logo, I think its nice, it'll grow on me, but I aint really trippin because it'll always be mgm to me, and nothing is really changing besides the name-for now atleast.

EPCOT.nut

it looks like an old logo to me, like it was released in the 90s or something, i do like the idea of using the O'S as a hidden mickey(very clever whoever posted that), I think that wouldve definitly "disneyfied" it, but who cares tho, as long as they add more rides and make it a full day park worth ACTUALLY STAYING THERE THE WHOLE DAY they can call it "eisner's rushed mistake" for all i care, just as long as the park is up to par wit the others

:lol::lol: Yeah we are going to MGM tomorrow for 1/2 day...

phenom1307

maybe this is just a prototype logo they came out with to test the waters and see what the disney lovers/guest/random other people would think and then go back to the drawing boards and create something better

MKMICKEYFAN#1

In regards to my last post...

I do not want anyone to get the idea that I dont want to hear anyone else's opinions or that they are not entitled to them. There's plenty of things I dont necessarily agree with in the world. At Disney there are even rides I do not like. WHOA lol. Yes I am the same as you folks in taste when it comes to certain rides. However, I dont ride them and thats that. I do not go to a discussion board and complain about how Disney is lacking in this area, blah, blah, blah. I am of the idea of walking a mile in someone else's shoes. Perhaps as one of their dreams they would allow someone to be an imagineer for a day....I'm sure you would all love that haha. Or how about CEO for the day? My point being, yes there is stuff that we dont all agree on, but Disney has hired certain people to do these jobs and spread the magic to everyone, not just the people on this board. There will be things that we all agree and disagree on. I am just sick of all the nasty stuff that has been going on lately such as people bickering, sending a certain reporter emails about death, and the list goes on. When will people begin to realize that when Walt envisioned this happy place for all of us, it was for ALL of us, not just enthusiasts like us, not just brazilian tour groups :)ROFLOL:) but everyone. I just wish we could all keep that in mind and just enjoy Disney for what it is...Disney!

duck_daddy

maybe this is just a prototype logo they came out with to test the waters and see what the disney lovers/guest/random other people would think and then go back to the drawing boards and create something better
I think you are putting too much confidence in the fact that Disney actually cares about how much we like their logo for DHS. Are you honestly not going to go to the park because you don't like the logo? I think they have already shown that even the darkest of complaints about logos fall on deaf "ears". I'm thinking of something big and blue that juts into the sky and blocks all views at the end of a street at the park we are debating over now. Yeah the wand went away, but I don't ever think that was intended to be permanent, and I think the current sponsor of SSE was less than happy with the situation. Did the wand keep you from going to Epcot? Case in point is Disney is still going to make their money, spectacular logo or not. If there are some who go overboard and boycott the park they will be in the minority. We are the minority. The majority of business that comes through Disney's gates are not Disney fanatics such as ourselves. Just the average vacationer doing the obligatory Disney trip. All this of course is MHO, I have no park data to verify the accuracy of my statements.

the-reason14

I do not want anyone to get the idea that I dont want to hear anyone else's opinions or that they are not entitled to them. There's plenty of things I dont necessarily agree with in the world. At Disney there are even rides I do not like. WHOA lol. Yes I am the same as you folks in taste when it comes to certain rides. However, I dont ride them and thats that. I do not go to a discussion board and complain about how Disney is lacking in this area, blah, blah, blah. I am of the idea of walking a mile in someone else's shoes. Perhaps as one of their dreams they would allow someone to be an imagineer for a day....I'm sure you would all love that haha. Or how about CEO for the day? My point being, yes there is stuff that we dont all agree on, but Disney has hired certain people to do these jobs and spread the magic to everyone, not just the people on this board. There will be things that we all agree and disagree on. I am just sick of all the nasty stuff that has been going on lately such as people bickering, sending a certain reporter emails about death, and the list goes on. When will people begin to realize that when Walt envisioned this happy place for all of us, it was for ALL of us, not just enthusiasts like us, not just brazilian tour groups :)ROFLOL:) but everyone. I just wish we could all keep that in mind and just enjoy Disney for what it is...Disney!

True, I agree with that. But, when you hear people put their 2 cents in about certain rides they dislike, and certain areas that are lacking, or attractions that just dont give off the disney feel, although it may be complaining(and I cant judge because I am an A class complainer when it comes to certain things) I think its more of people that are dishing out all this cash, and they feel that parts of disney could get an upgrade. In other words, for all the money we are giving disney on our annual, monthly, weekly, whatever, trips, we want to see disney use "our" money to their fullest potential. And some of the things that have been brought to us, havent recieved and A from us loyal fans. Some folks like it, regulars and newbies, other hate it. Different strokes for different folks. Some fans are for a new rehabbed Space mt., Im totally against it. Alot of folks hate Dinoramo, I dont really like it, but I enjoy primeval whirl. Some people like Monster inc club, I think its a complete waste of space and is corny. Thats my 2cents, Im feeling what you are saying, but dont really overall agree with it. Because, even though there are things at WDW I dont like, I usually dont dwell on them and ride them, but I will complain about them in the appropriate threads and state my disgust. But I do enjoy WDW.

the-reason14

I am glad you enjoy WDW thereason14! :)

Thank you, I am glad you enjoy it too. You said you were a castmember too right? I know that CMing(is that a word:shrug::p) can be really difficult with the stuff you guys have to deal with everyday and I respect you guys. And I know it may not be so great to come to a message board dedicated to WDW, a place you and many others love so much, and get an impression that we complain about it alot. I hope you dont think that this is a bad site, this site has changed my life in many ways so to speak. I know that there are others out there who love disney as much as I do if not more, now I dont have to feel so weird lol.

phenom1307

I think you are putting too much confidence in the fact that Disney actually cares about how much we like their logo for DHS. Are you honestly not going to go to the park because you don't like the logo? I think they have already shown that even the darkest of complaints about logos fall on deaf "ears". I'm thinking of something big and blue that juts into the sky and blocks all views at the end of a street at the park we are debating over now. Yeah the wand went away, but I don't ever think that was intended to be permanent, and I think the current sponsor of SSE was less than happy with the situation. Did the wand keep you from going to Epcot? Case in point is Disney is still going to make their money, spectacular logo or not. If there are some who go overboard and boycott the park they will be in the minority. We are the minority. The majority of business that comes through Disney's gates are not Disney fanatics such as ourselves. Just the average vacationer doing the obligatory Disney trip. All this of course is MHO, I have no park data to verify the accuracy of my statements.

no im actually not putting too much confidence into anything....i'm just putting something out there since everyone was complaining so much about it. i'm sure disney doesnt care if we like their logo or not. i also never said i didnt like it, its growing on me although i did like the centered version better. and the wand didnt stop me from going to epcot because i didnt mind the wand, actually i kinda liked it. so don't assume i didnt like the wand because the majority of the people on these boards were so disgusted by it.

duck_daddy

no im actually not putting too much confidence into anything....i'm just putting something out there since everyone was complaining so much about it. i'm sure disney doesnt care if we like their logo or not. i also never said i didnt like it, its growing on me although i did like the centered version better. and the wand didnt stop me from going to epcot because i didnt mind the wand, actually i kinda liked it. so don't assume i didnt like the wand because the majority of the people on these boards were so disgusted by it.
Boy somebody just jumped to the defensive. I wasn't trying to be a critic, I was simply offering a counter argument to your statement. While I should have been more broad about who didn't like the wand, I think you got the point! Maybe my statement should have been as follow: "There were lots of people who didn't like the wand, did that stop them from going to Epcot?". Would that have eased your sufferings a little bit. I was making no assumptions in my post, with the exception of what i said I was making assumptions about. I strictly put "you" where I should have put some plural noun speaking about the masses. To my original game plan though, I was trying to get a discussion out of you as to why you thought Disney would do something such as you suggested. Alas, scrutiny and defensive human nature get in the way! Good day!:wave:

phenom1307

Boy somebody just jumped to the defensive. I wasn't trying to be a critic, I was simply offering a counter argument to your statement. While I should have been more broad about who didn't like the wand, I think you got the point!Maybe my statement should have been as follow: "There were lots of people who didn't like the wand, did that stop them from going to Epcot?". Would that have eased your sufferings a little bit. I was making no assumptions in my post, with the exception of what i said I was making assumptions about. I strictly put "you" where I should have put some plural noun speaking about the masses. To my original game plan though, I was trying to get a discussion out of you as to why you thought Disney would do something such as you suggested. Alas, scrutiny and defensive human nature get in the way! Good day!:wave:

sorry kind of had a bad start to my weekend and im a little edgey(sp?). i was just thinking that there are plently of companies that like testing done with toys/movie ideas/ tv shows, etc to see if the consumer like their product. like making a pilot for a new tv show or something to that effect. i was just think way way outside the box and maybe thats what disney was doing with the new logo...most likely im wrong but who knows

duck_daddy

sorry kind of had a bad start to my weekend and im a little edgey(sp?). i was just thinking that there are plently of companies that like testing done with toys/movie ideas/ tv shows, etc to see if the consumer like their product. like making a pilot for a new tv show or something to that effect. i was just think way way outside the box and maybe thats what disney was doing with the new logo...most likely im wrong but who knows
No problem. I really wasn't trying to pick a fight, just looking for a mature argument. I like to have heated, mature discussions, it is my downfall. Should have been an attorney. Either way no harm no foul. FYI I like the new logo, the wand however, meh!

TroyMcClure

I think the logo's cool, though it probably will change some. I'm glad they're keeping those art deco-looking letters instead of something more modern.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom