New DHS Area Resort? Star Wars Resort?

doctornick

You know, they could theme the different wings to different planets with subtle Star Wars touches in the rooms and furnishings. Cloud City, Coruscant, Tatooine, Endor, Yavin 4, Hoth, Death Star. Tatooine would be desert themed and use like a Puebla/sandstone color scheme. Endor would be more "rustic" with greens and browns. Yeah this could work...

If they ever were to do a Star Wars themed hotel, that is how I think it should be done. Plenty of opportunity for unique theming in a potential resort, but would have a lot more freedom to be design elements as opposed to explicit "you are on x planet" type placemaking that you would have in the theme parks.

raymusiccity

Wasn't this a rumor when the board first approved the DHS money? I think it would be great and a lot of fun for any SW fan. Also that proximity to the park I believe it would be a Deluxe.

image.jpeg
...Let's try this concept again. Dixie should be south of the Studios ! :) Disney still has lots of shelved material from their erstwhile VIrginia project.

ProfSavage

View attachment 142539 ...Let's try this concept again. Dixie should be south of the Studios ! :) Disney still has lots of shelved material from their erstwhile VIrginia project.

I mean, New Orleans/Southern delta/coastal cities are their own unique thing down here (New Orleans, Charleston, Savannah, etc) and I'm fine with them merging Dixie Landings with Port Orleans to make that Riverside. As much as I disagree with their reasoning.

Besides, latitude-wise, Orlando is a little "below" New Orleans.

jhendrix

If they're creating a new entrance to the parking lot, it seems the smartest thing to do is remove the parking lot away from the lake next to Hollywood Studios and put a hotel there. (Hollywood Hotel anyone?) The lake is prime real estate and, at the very least, putting a hotel along it would create a more desirable walk to Boardwalk/Epcot.
hollywoodhotel.jpg

And this is off topic, but does anyone know why Caribbean Beach has that empty lot to the south east? Was another "island" was supposed to go there?

P_Radden

Original Poster
If they're creating a new entrance to the parking lot, it seems the smartest thing to do is remove the parking lot away from the lake next to Hollywood Studios and put a hotel there. (Hollywood Hotel anyone?) The lake is prime real estate and, at the very least, putting a hotel along it would create a more desirable walk to Boardwalk/Epcot.
View attachment 142672

And this is off topic, but does anyone know why Caribbean Beach has that empty lot to the south east? Was another "island" was supposed to go there?
Very nice concept! I love the idea of both a Star Wars resort and a classic Hollywood resort. I do however think the Hollywood resort would go in the upper right corner near the Buena Vista and Victory Way intersection. Where you have it marked is the bus entrance to DHS.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
View attachment 142672

That land by Caribbean Beach is considered part of "Resort" land on Disney's planning maps, so it appears it was going to be for an addition to the resort. Not sure if anything was planned or not.

[Edit]: Just checked the original permits for the resort. The maps don't show any plans to use that area.

Last edited:

jt04

View attachment 142672

Doesn't leave much for future expansion of the theme park. Needs rework.

roj2323

Doesn't leave much for future expansion of the theme park. Needs rework.

Just using the area on the park side of the canal Which is already confirmed to be being filled for parking (see the first permit on the permit thread) would double the size of the guest areas of the park. As it is Toy story land is giving the park an 11+ acre boost in guest accessible areas. Anyway this is all blue sky thinking anyway so..............

roj2323

View attachment 142672

I don't think this is very likely but I really do like the idea and there is deffinetly enough space to make it happen. If DHS does get parking garages I could see this as a more likely option. Currently the relocation of the park entrance is already looking to be coming into the area from the ESPN entrance but the permits don't show anything being considered for parking past the canal, just the toll booths.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I actually hope they don't make a Star Wars resort. If they want themed rooms or even just a themed section of a resort maybe but not a full blown SW resort....just my opinion

JohnWD

It makes sense to have a new deluxe resort including a DVC to handle the attendance increase. It wouldn't surprise me to have one resort SW themed, though just movie/Hollywood themed may be more fitting.

RobbinsDad

I think they'd go Mod w/ Family Suites + DVC. The idea of different "worlds" in the same resort sounds exactly like something Disney would do - Tatooine/Jakku for the mod rooms, Dagobah/Naboo for the suites, and Coruscant or Cloud City for the DVC section.

JohnWD

I think they'd go Mod w/ Family Suites + DVC. The idea of different "worlds" in the same resort sounds exactly like something Disney would do - Tatooine/Jakku for the mod rooms, Dagobah/Naboo for the suites, and Coruscant or Cloud City for the DVC section.
Maybe so. But which mods are currently adjacent to a park? I thought only deluxe were immediately adjacent?

RobbinsDad

Maybe so. But which mods are currently adjacent to a park? I thought only deluxe were immediately adjacent?
They are, but unless I'm mistaken, all the IP-theme rooms Disney has done are in value or moderate resorts. IMO it just seems unlikely that they would do that with the deluxe brand. I could even see them skipping the moderate rooms and making it just family suite + DVC.

spaceghost

That land by Caribbean Beach is considered part of "Resort" land on Disney's planning maps, so it appears it was going to be for an addition to the resort. Not sure if anything was planned or not.

[Edit]: Just checked the original permits for the resort. The maps don't show any plans to use that area.
There was a rumor a couple of years ago from Jim Hill (I know, I know) that there were thoughts from Disney around putting DVC into Caribbean Beach and finding a way to extend the waterways to include water taxis to Epcot and DHS. Not saying that is related to any of what is being looked at here, but it made me think of it in relation to this general discussion. There's no indication that I'm aware of that this rumor was legit, of course.

RobbinsDad

You going to pay 600 a night for that right?
If it was a true immersive experience possibly. But I'm sure it would just be the same room design they have at all the other hotels, with Star Wars decor. But could you imagine REALLY staying the night in a Mos Eisley replica hotel? Cantina and all? THAT would be worth 600 a night.

jhendrix

There was a rumor a couple of years ago from Jim Hill (I know, I know) that there were thoughts from Disney around putting DVC into Caribbean Beach and finding a way to extend the waterways to include water taxis to Epcot and DHS. Not saying that is related to any of what is being looked at here, but it made me think of it in relation to this general discussion. There's no indication that I'm aware of that this rumor was legit, of course.

This would be awesome. But unfortunately I can't see Disney doing that, considering they wouldn't really make any more money off of a new transportation system. Unless they could somehow integrate it into a new *possible* hotel that would go next to the HS lake.

Here's two possible ways they could integrate the waterways
NewDHSHotel.jpg

P_Radden

Original Poster
This would be awesome. But unfortunately I can't see Disney doing that, considering they wouldn't really make any more money off of a new transportation system. Unless they could somehow integrate it into a new *possible* hotel that would go next to the HS lake.

Here's two possible ways they could integrate the waterways
View attachment 142880
Considering the canals, I took a little different approach:
epcotcanal1.jpg

I believe if they were to do this, the canal would connect to WS in the expansion pad next to Germany. I do not believe they would connect to the other canal next to it because that is where they store all the Illuminations gear/barges as well as other facilities buildings.

Here is another take on my OP now added are DHS canal to CBR, CBR DVC, DHS potential expansion, new roads/toll and future "Hollywood" resort:
DHSAREA1.jpg

The benefits of this plan are:
1) Direct access to SWL from the Star Wars Resort
2) Direct access to the front entrance of DHS from the Hollywood Resort
3) Canal transportation from CBR to both Epcot and DHS

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom