New DHS Area Resort? Star Wars Resort?

Pam Hates Penguins

Considering the canals, I took a little different approach:
View attachment 142897
I believe if they were to do this, the canal would connect to WS in the expansion pad next to Germany. I do not believe they would connect to the other canal next to it because that is where they store all the Illuminations gear/barges as well as other facilities buildings.

Here is another take on my OP now added are DHS canal to CBR, CBR DVC, DHS potential expansion, new roads/toll and future "Hollywood" resort:
View attachment 142898

The benefits of this plan are:
1) Direct access to SWL from the Star Wars Resort
2) Direct access to the front entrance of DHS from the Hollywood Resort
3) Canal transportation from CBR to both Epcot and DHS

Looks great, but I have one problem. SWL is supposed to be going in the Streets of America and LMA area. Where you have it is a bit off. It's not going behind Indiana Jones either.

deere839

Considering the canals, I took a little different approach:
View attachment 142897
I believe if they were to do this, the canal would connect to WS in the expansion pad next to Germany. I do not believe they would connect to the other canal next to it because that is where they store all the Illuminations gear/barges as well as other facilities buildings.

Here is another take on my OP now added are DHS canal to CBR, CBR DVC, DHS potential expansion, new roads/toll and future "Hollywood" resort:
View attachment 142898

The benefits of this plan are:
1) Direct access to SWL from the Star Wars Resort
2) Direct access to the front entrance of DHS from the Hollywood Resort
3) Canal transportation from CBR to both Epcot and DHS
i feel like the star war hotel should be apart of the hotel area instead of having it on the other side of tolls and that would leave alot more room for park expansion on that side for the near future to boost capcity

P_Radden

Original Poster
Looks great, but I have one problem. SWL is supposed to be going in the Streets of America and LMA area. Where you have it is a bit off. It's not going behind Indiana Jones either.
That area is "Future DHS/SWL expansion". Not where SWL is initially going to be built.
i feel like the star war hotel should be apart of the hotel area instead of having it on the other side of tolls and that would leave alot more room for park expansion on that side for the near future to boost capcity
Guests would access the SWL Resort via Osceola Parkway. There are still other areas DHS could expand to even after they eventually do something with Animation Courtyard.
Including moving Star Tours?
Star Tours is in the same spot in my rendering, I didn't move it. I don't know what the future of ST is..

Last edited:

TomHendricks

There is a 14 acre lot for sale not that far from where I live, it had a building on it and a whole lot of trees. It must have sold, I recently driven by it and it was completely cleared out. I've looked at that lot a ton of times since the announcement of the Star Wars land and didn't think that it was that much space. However now with everything gone, I can imagine the size of the land a lot better.

Ryan H. Serowinski

Now that Disney is expanding Hollywood Studios with the new Star Wars Land and other projects, what is the possibility we will see a new Disney World hotel resort located in one of the areas marked purple below:
View attachment 142053

If Star Wars Land along with the new movies prove to be a success do you think we could see Disney build a Star Wars themed resort?
It could be about time that the DHS area has a resort nearby because it's currently the only WDW theme park not to have a resort nearby the DHS area

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It could be about time that the DHS area has a resort nearby because it's currently the only WDW theme park not to have a resort nearby the DHS area

The Epcot area resorts at close to DHS. You can walk or take the boat from Boardwalk to DHS in 15-20 minutes. Not sure how long it takes to get from AK lodge to the Animal Kingdom by bus but it's probably close to this.

surfsupdon

Cool ideas using connecting waterways. I am all for Disney expanding walking paths and waterways with boats connecting more Resorts to theme parks and other areas. Help ease the strain on the bussing. CBR is very centrally located and should get some alternate transportation, if the infrastructure and land were easily altered.

chiefs11

I can't imagine they would add boat access to either park from CBR. Isn't that sort of thing reserved for 'Deluxe' resorts? If they were to build a new resort next to DHS then maybe it would be connected as it would definitely be a deluxe resort. More likely they would just build the resort near the north parking lot entrance and reconfigure the existing DHS boat dock to be used by both a new resort and the park, since that would be cheaper then dredging new canals and expanding the system...which would also require more boats to be added. Or, even more likely, just not bother with the boats, and build it with just bus access.

jhendrix

I can't imagine they would add boat access to either park from CBR. Isn't that sort of thing reserved for 'Deluxe' resorts?

Disney's Port Orleans Riverside & Port Orleans French Quarter have boat access to Disney Springs.

If they do any construction of a new resort, they will likely dig some sort of water feature anyway, as there's not a single resort that doesn't have a lake or river. They can't charge for "lake views" when they only have forest views. ;-)
Digging a canal would be a way to ease the bus system to DHS and Epcot from these resorts. I'd imagine it still would be way more expensive, but it would be a big draw for these resorts.

Off topic, but getting anywhere on the bus system just sucks.

Last edited:

chiefs11

Disney's Port Orleans Riverside & Port Orleans French Quarter have boat access to Disney Springs.

If they do any construction of a new resort, they will likely dig some sort of water feature anyway, as there's not a single resort that doesn't have a lake or river. They can't charge for "lake views" when they only have forest views. ;-)
Digging a canal would be a way to ease the bus system to DHS and Epcot from these resorts. I'd imagine it still would be way more expensive, but it would be a big draw for these resorts.

Off topic, but getting anywhere on the bus system just sucks.
Hey, I'd be all for it, but I just don't see them bothering.... they could still offer a Theme Park view and a not-theme park view.
And Disney Springs isn't a theme park, but I get your point.

jhendrix

Hey, I'd be all for it, but I just don't see them bothering.... they could still offer a Theme Park view and a not-theme park view.
And Disney Springs isn't a theme park, but I get your point.

Especially if they build a resort on the north end of the parking lot adjacent to the lake as you suggested. I am really hopeful that this is what they are planning.

P_Radden

Original Poster
Personally, I'd love to see water canals built as I drew up earlier for these reasons:

1. Potential for water taxis to make a full loop around Epcot WS to Boarwalk area to DHS to CBR and back to Epcot WS.
2. The water taxis, while not very fast at all, are relaxing and very enjoyable.
3. Canal View is a up-charge point as others have mentioned.
4. The empty pad at CBR could be a DVC tower (think similar to BLT) and be on the lake and also along the DHS canal.
5. This would place a higher value on CBR although it is not a "Deluxe", it will could draw higher room rates than the PO resorts and CSR.
6. A new resort on the north east side of the DHS area plan would be along the canal or have canal access via DHS area terminal as others have mentioned.

chiefs11

Personally, I'd love to see water canals built as I drew up earlier for these reasons:

1. Potential for water taxis to make a full loop around Epcot WS to Boarwalk area to DHS to CBR and back to Epcot WS.
2. The water taxis, while not very fast at all, are relaxing and very enjoyable.
3. Canal View is a up-charge point as others have mentioned.
4. The empty pad at CBR could be a DVC tower (think similar to BLT) and be on the lake and also along the DHS canal.
5. This would place a higher value on CBR although it is not a "Deluxe", it will could draw higher room rates than the PO resorts and CSR.
6. A new resort on the north east side of the DHS area plan would be along the canal or have canal access via DHS area terminal as others have mentioned.
Sounds really cool and I'd love to see the Friendships travelling that loop in both directions.. I just have a hard time seeing them ever go through with something like this these days.
I imagine the boats travelling from CBR to World Showcase would simply pass through the lagoon and dock at the existing International Gateway, so they don't have to build and staff a 3rd entrance to Epcot. I guess CBR would become a Moderate+ resort as you said, pulling higher room rates.

dstrawn9889

The bridge itself should be easy, the supports on either end will be the trickier part.
not that hard...
US_Army_51669_A_portable_bridge_was_installed_in_al_Awashra_in_Kirkuk_province,_Iraq,_Sept._22,_by_Soldiers_from_2nd_Brigade_Combat_Team,_1st_Cavalry_Division,_to_allow_freedom_of_movement_for_Iraqi_Army_units_oper.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom