New Details Emerge on Art of Animation Hotel (2012)

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Wow!
I realize that concept art and final design can be drastically different, but that looks GREAT!

Looks like I know where my family's 2012 trip will be using as it's resort.

Horizonsfan

Wow!
I realize that concept art and final design can be drastically different, but that looks GREAT!

Looks like I know where my family's 2012 trip will be using as it's resort.

Ditto, this looks like what the value resorts should have been all along, not the cheesy, I-drive quality hotels like the All-stars and the existing Pop Century.

It looks like there are interior hallways on these buildings. If this is acurate, then all I can say is thank you and it's about time! It has driven me insane how the moderates and the values had (old school motel-style:hurl:) exterior hallways, which gave your room window less privacy and still left you fairly open to the rain. I really hope the art is accurate in that aspect. :D:D:D

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
New concept art for Disney's Art of Animation resort

A new piece of concept art for the Disney Art of Animation resort has been released on the official Disney blog and it would seem to confirm the interior hallways for the new buildings.

ar349092SMALL.jpg

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/09/disneys-art-of-animation-resort-scheduled-to-open-in-2012/?CMP=SOC-DPFY10Q3TwitterDisneyParks16-09-10%400003

ChrisM

Ditto, this looks like what the value resorts should have been all along, not the cheesy, I-drive quality hotels like the All-stars and the existing Pop Century.

It looks like there are interior hallways on these buildings. If this is acurate, then all I can say is thank you and it's about time! It has driven me insane how the moderates and the values had (old school motel-style:hurl:) exterior hallways, which gave your room window less privacy and still left you fairly open to the rain. I really hope the art is accurate in that aspect. :D:D:D

Interior hallways aren't all chocolate and roses.

It's been my experience that high traffic interior hallways can create considerably more noise filtering into the rooms as the shrieks and stomping of a dozen children racing down an interior hallway is contained and reflected as opposed to being dispersed outdoors.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
A new piece of concept art for the Disney Art of Animation resort has been released on the official Disney blog and it would seem to confirm the interior hallways for the new buildings.

ar349092SMALL.jpg

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...P=SOC-DPFY10Q3TwitterDisneyParks16-09-10@0003
Thanks for posting Richard. Im sending to the wife so we can pass along to the daughter who will beg, beg, beg us to stay here. :lol:

I applaud Disney for making their ghetto resorts very colorful.
Nice.

devoy1701

Is it safe to assume that you make a lot of money and consider yourself better than those whom might choose to stay at a "ghetto" resort?

funny! :lol: the other guys post i mean.

But someone did bring up a good point about interior hallways in a Value Resort in the other thread. It might end up causing a noise problem being that the Value resorts see a significant more young kid and school/tourist groups than the resorts that do have interior hallways. I'm not sure if I would want to stay here if a Brazilian Tour group was staying in if we were in the same building.

Though what we don't know is if the entire resort will have interior hallways, or if it would just be the family suites. We also do not know if it will be priced the same as the others.

All of that being said, value resorts are just not my cup of tea. I probably won't be staying here.

Lucky

Just because there's no exterior doors shown doesn't mean there'll be interior hallways. Maybe you're supposed to climb in through the windows.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
funny! :lol: the other guys post i mean.

But someone did bring up a good point about interior hallways in a Value Resort in the other thread. It might end up causing a noise problem being that the Value resorts see a significant more young kid and school/tourist groups than the resorts that do have interior hallways. I'm not sure if I would want to stay here if a Brazilian Tour group was staying in if we were in the same building.

Though what we don't know is if the entire resort will have interior hallways, or if it would just be the family suites. We also do not know if it will be priced the same as the others.

All of that being said, value resorts are just not my cup of tea. I probably won't be staying here.
This is just a guess but it is my understanding that the existing structures will be used. If that is correct one would think that the existing buildings would be made up of standard rooms just like POP and the All Stars. The new construction would be suites with interior hallways.

Horizonsfan

Interior hallways aren't all chocolate and roses.

It's been my experience that high traffic interior hallways can create considerably more noise filtering into the rooms as the shrieks and stomping of a dozen children racing down an interior hallway is contained and reflected as opposed to being dispersed outdoors.

I didn't say interior hallways were godsend. I was just saying that an interior hallway would be more beneficial than the current layout that they have for Moderates and Values. Clearly Disney doesn't have an issue with interior hallways, every Deluxe uses that setup.

Sound is an issue in every hotel set-up, its a given when so many people are residing in one place. In the end it comes down to how respectful people are for their fellow guests.

I hope the artwork was accurate in this aspect. For the reasons I stated above, interior hallways are more beneficial than exterior hallways.

trr1

maybe the exterior hallways are on the other side of the building and the suites are running straight thru?

devoy1701

I didn't say interior hallways were godsend. I was just saying that an interior hallway would be more beneficial than the current layout that they have for Moderates and Values. Clearly Disney doesn't have an issue with interior hallways, every Deluxe uses that setup.

Sound is an issue in every hotel set-up, its a given when so many people are residing in one place. In the end it comes down to how respectful people are for their fellow guests.

I hope the artwork was accurate in this aspect. For the reasons I stated above, interior hallways are more beneficial than exterior hallways.

Deluxe resorts have considerable less traffic in terms of large groups of children. So where this could come into a problem is with the large youth groups, school groups, tour groups, etc who stay at the Value Resorts. Though if what Yoda described is correct, only the family suites would have the interior hallways if they do not retro-fit the existing buildings....so it might not be an issue.

Unless those groups would opt to stay in the suites...

Horizonsfan

maybe the exterior hallways are on the other side of the building and the suites are running straight thru?

That's how Marriott's timeshares are done and it works pretty well although if they are following the existing foundations of the buildings at Pop, it could make for awkwardly long rooms.

If they went with interior hallways, they could just go nuts with soundproofing them, for the value resorts "different" clientele. However, I don't see Disney investing that kind of $$$ into a value resort. I'm well aware of the prevelance of tour groups at the travel resorts and I understand their volume level is different from the guests at GF. Don't say though that exterior hallways are the only solution to the problem. I don't hear many Contemporary guests complain about the large amount noise generated by Chef Mickey's in the lobby. There are ways of making it work. The question is if WDW would want to bother with it.

Pioneer Hall

I wouldn't think too much into the hallway issue yet. The concept are was probably there to show off the features and theme over the building design. Not saying it isn't a possibility, but I think that they just might have brushed over that detail.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom