New DAS System at Walt Disney World 2024

dreamfinder912

So wait… if im a solo traveler or someone in my party that only can ride ToT their is no way to ride other than waiting in line? Even if im unable to?
That is what I was told yesterday. They have "no accomodations for parties of one at this time." Of course this presents all sorts of problems for people who are alone or with young children or with other disabled folks. I'm hoping it gets smoothed out.

KrzyKtty

That is what I was told yesterday. They have "no accomodations for parties of one at this time." Of course this presents all sorts of problems for people who are alone or with young children or with other disabled folks. I'm hoping it gets smoothed out.
Not to mention that seems like dangerous terrorstory to outright claim there is no accommodation for a single traveler even if they have a disability that requires it.

dreamfinder912

Not to mention that seems like dangerous terrorstory to outright claim there is no accommodation for a single traveler even if they have a disability that requires it.
Oh I absolutely agree. I'm just trying to keep my written tone very even and clinical. I'm livid, but my anger isnt helping on this thread/in general. I don't know the law well enough to know how it isn't discriminatory. I'm just hoping it changes quickly.

KrzyKtty

Oh I absolutely agree. I'm just trying to keep my written tone very even and clinical. I'm livid, but my anger isnt helping on this thread/in general. I don't know the law well enough to know how it isn't discriminatory. I'm just hoping it changes quickly.
Yeah, that was also why I tried to use more light and vague language.

Fido Chuckwagon

So wait… if im a solo traveler or someone in my party that only can ride ToT their is no way to ride other than waiting in line? Even if im unable to?
If you are actually unable to you will likely get DAS. Lots of reports are coming out too that Disney is giving “1 party DAS” to people in your type of situation. In other words, you’ll be able to use it on your solo trips, but you won’t be able to add anyone else to your party. A decent number of people have reported getting that over on disboards.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
Also, you can literally start the 2nd virtual waiting period while still in line for the first ride since you can book as soon as you tap in. If that's 10 minutes in the LL queue and then they have effectively reduced their wait for the re-ride - and still have the ability to ride something else in the interim.
Yes so for something like RotR much of the LL wait, pre-show and 17 minute ride could be spent already running the timer on the next ride return. Plus whatever time is left can be spent eating, taking pictures, doing shorter attractions, cooling down in stores, etc.

I understand disabilities can hamper the park experience enough that all the DAS advantages together still aren’t enough to bring them a comparable park day to the average guest.

What I think gets lost in the DAS overhaul conversation is what even is that average guest park day (less than many assume?), and what percent of total DAS usage do the individuals above account for.

Fido Chuckwagon

There are multiple reports of them giving DAS but limiting it to one person, so if they refused to give you that the CM you spoke to likely concluded that it wasn’t appropriate for your situation, for whatever reason.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
Sorry I'm late. 2 different accommodations.

1 is a pass you get added to your account at the front of the attraction to come back later and use the LL. These are supposed to be incredibly rare and not given out willy nilly. You have to get them at the attraction and itll let you comeback once you waited the same as thecurrebt wait publushedwgen you got it. I think this AQR(the acronyms confuse me 😅, so i might have these reversed). It's essentially an in person DAS pass for that specific ride. CM'S aren't obligated to give it to you just cause you ask. It's supposed to be a last resort thing. But it'll probably depend on the CM. It's not an advertised solution and if you walk up asking for it, itll pribably be less likely given. Though Disney knows which CM gives out each AQR, so theoretically there shouldn't be much abuse of these.

RTQ is the split the party accommodation where all but 2-3 members of the party(usually 2, 1 caregiver with the person who needs to be accommodated) can wait outside the ride while the rest of the party goes through standby. The party of the party that is in standby will be instructed to call the part of their party that is outside once they reach the merge CM(or reach the load area, depending on the ride), then they will wait in that area while the ppl who were outside then wait in the LL. They will wait in the LL until they reach their party who is waiting. They then join together and finish the wait together.

The second accommodation has seen fairly heavy use in my anecdotal experience, and seems to be getting smoother by the day.
Thanks for explaining. I think the acronyms are confusing lol, and should be reversed?

AQR is Attactraction Queue Re-Entry (rejoin party)

RTQ Return to Queue (gives a return time)

dreamfinder912

There are multiple reports of them giving DAS but limiting it to one person, so if they refused to give you that the CM you spoke to likely concluded that it wasn’t appropriate for your situation, for whatever reason.
I'm local but have hotel stays planned with family in the fall so it's a bit of a double whammy. I look like I'm not alone when I visit but I also don't need a hotel stay to visit.

CampbellzSoup

That’s absolutely perfect your family can que and you can join them when they’re at the lightning lane merge

Fido Chuckwagon

Whether people like it, is another story
I mean, none of the previous DAS powerusers who lost the ability to use DAS are going to like it, obviously. I suspect the vast majority of people though who weren’t doing that will like it, including those with children who have legitimate developmental disabilities who are still getting DAS and no longer have to worry about extremely long lightning lane lines.

Grantwil93

This is the hard part, it's now a subjective judgment. Which is a ton of stress on CM's. Many of whom are college programmers who are still learning how to have a polite backbone in the service industry. I know many dread these conversations. The best advice is to be polite, and if you don't get the response you want then ask politely to speak to a manager. If it's still a no, or they are rude or something, go to the guest experience team and politely explain your situation and maybe get something free out of it like a LL. If you get nothing out of the whole experience, then life sucks and you can reevaluate the value of a Disney vacation in the future(it's Disney’s loss and issue.) And that sucks, but that's just the reality now. Disney isn't what it used to be, for better or worse(usually worse😅)

Last edited:

dreamfinder912

This is the hard part, it's now a subjective judgment. Which is a ton of stress on CM's. Many if whom are college programmers who are still learning how to have a polite backbone in the service industry. I know many dread these conversations. The best advice is to be polite, and if you don't get the response you want then ask politely to speak to a manager. If it's still a no, or they are rude or something, go to the guest experience team and politely explain your situation and maybe get something free out of it like a LL. If you get nothing out of the whole experience, then life sucks and you can reevaluate the value of a Disney vacation in the future(it's Disney’s loss and issue.) And that sucks, but that's just the reality now. Disney isn't what it used to be, for better or worse(usually worse😅)
Yep, I agree. The subjective nature, the overall juggling of my body/mind/needs of the day with what I'm offered in the moment is very stressful. But while the decision in the moment is up to the cm their training isn't. This wasn't Chris from Orlando's idea. I just hope as things move forward there's a bit more grace given on all sides. Chris from Orlando shouldn't be yelled at ever, and disabled guests should be able to ride rides if they're otherwise able to that day. For me there are some days when flight of passage just isn't an option due to assorted unpleasantness on my end, and there are some days it's not a problem at all. My concern is I have a good day on my end but that day Chris from Orlando says sorry nothing we can do.

And really, I don't -want- to take up cm time/brain power. It's one of those things where like I'd much rather not jam up their day with my situation. Im one of those people who feels bad asking for extra ketchup, so having to go to each cm for assistance is it's own special little chaos for me 😅

TrainsOfDisney

This is the hard part, it's now a subjective judgment. Which is a ton of stress on CM's. Many of whom are college programmers who are still learning how to have a polite backbone in the service industry. I know many dread these conversations.
A greeter at an attraction should not be put in this position - everything else is clear black and white (are you tall enough, can you transfer, etc.) - this is the type of decision that needs to be made at a higher level.

Splash4eva

So i travel w my minor daughter and can potentially have no options? Way to go

Splash4eva

If you are actually unable to you will likely get DAS. Lots of reports are coming out too that Disney is giving “1 party DAS” to people in your type of situation. In other words, you’ll be able to use it on your solo trips, but you won’t be able to add anyone else to your party. A decent number of people have reported getting that over on disboards.
Okay good to know. Luckily im in already under old rules and truly dk when ill be going again next.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom