New DAS System at Walt Disney World 2024

Trauma

I think the problem is you can backload it like maxpass

Go to 5 rides and get virtual queue…wait it out for a little bit and then rapid fire them

But I’m not that familiar with it so I’d appreciate insight?
Here is the thing with DAS. If you had a real disability you where probably not abusing it because it’s unlikely you are flying around the park.

If you are abusing DAS and going hardcore with it you would be able to rack up a ton of rides.

3 pre booked and then all the extra rides you would get with DAS return times.

If you coupled all of the with G+ you basically have a VIP tour at a fraction of the price.

So did DAS have to change? Most definitely.

I’m just extremely displeased that the change decided upon was completely excluding a massive array of actual disabilities.

That’s why I don’t understand the cheerleaders for this change.

They could have cracked down in many different ways that didn’t include exclusion.

Let’s start with removing the 3 pre booked rides.

Limit it to 4 in a group.

When you have a return time for a ride, you can not get on another ride.

You can’t request a return time for another attraction until 15 minutes after scanning in for your current selection.

Would these changes be enough to curb rampant abuse?

Maybe not, but it’s a starting point that doesn’t involve outright exclusion.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Here is the thing with DAS. If you had a real disability you where probably not abusing it because it’s unlikely you are flying around the park.

If you are abusing DAS and going hardcore with it you would be able to rack up a ton of rides.

If you coupled all of the with G+ you basically have a VIP tour at a fraction of the price.

I’m just extremely displeased with the change decided upon was completely excluding a massive array of actual disabilities.

They could have cracked down in many different ways that didn’t include exclusion.

You can’t request a return time for another attraction until 15 minutes after scanning in for your current selection.

Maybe not but it’s a starting point that doesn’t involve outright exclusion.
And that’s the problem…it can be exploited…therefore it will be.

Charging for genie that doesn’t work half the time is the match they threw on this pile of twigs

And do you seriously think they’re eliminating all disabilities and just doing a carte Blanche for autism?

Somebody screwed up the messaging here

Trauma

And that’s the problem…it can be exploited…therefore it will be.

Charging for genie that doesn’t work half the time is the match they threw on this pile of twigs
Yes the other problem is simple…

GENIE DOESN’T WORK

I have been to MANY theme parks and amusement
parks.

G+ is the worst line skipping program I have ever used and it’s not even close.

Splash4eva

I’m just extremely displeased that the change decided upon was completely excluding a massive array of actual disabilities.

I would agree except part where you cant ride anything in between… i want to buy genie which i do i have no wait… im in park early/late with little to no waits i cant ride anything? Also just bc you get on many rides does not mean you are abusing or a fraud… i can assure you thats not the case from personal experience

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

GENIE DOESN’T WORK

parks.

It’s terrible.

The 7am dash is terrible…the 2 hour wait is terrible…the constant staring for slots that disappear in 15 seconds is terrible

I actually think they should block it. As in you get x amount the first 4 hours…then the board resets and you get x amount the second 4…then the third.

Splash4eva

GENIE DOESN’T WORK

parks.

As much as i hate to admit it. I will disagree. I have had major success with it my last 3 trips… is it a semi pain at times 100% but ive grown to understand and use it pretty effectively

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I would agree except part where you cant ride anything in between… i want to buy genie which i do i have no wait… im in park early/late with little to no waits i cant ride anything? Also just bc you get on many rides does not mean you are abusing or a fraud… i can assure you thats not the case from personal experience
The standard customer isn’t getting much out of genie on an average day. That’s another problem…they can’t sell it as a line skip…but also don’t want to admit you may only get a couple of the worst out of it. That is often the case

Last edited:

Vegas Disney Fan

It’s terrible.

The 7am dash is terrible…the 2 hour wait is terrible…the constant staring for slots that disappear in 15 seconds is terrible

I actually think they should block it. As in you get x amount the first 4 hours…then the board resets and you get x amount the second 4…then the third.
I think the only solution is going back to ticket books, it’s going to take at least 10 years of non stop construction to make up for the lack of construction over the last 20 years, until they can get capacity inline with demand there’s no solution that can work.

The ride everything pass doesn’t work when there‘s now 60,000 people in the parks and most the rides were built for about 30,000 people a day.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
No you can only have one DAS at a time.

This I think is a huge reason a lot of the people in standby get so upset they are not aware of the parameters of the service. Instead of getting upset get educated as you seem to be doing👍😊
Woah…self quoting foul

So by these limitations…you cannot abuse DAS?

Now I will get educated. There are reports of suspected abuse. Is that not possible?
Supposedly videos are posted describing how to game the system.

Smiley/OCD

So what is your suggested alternative?

I know it’s not suggesting if you “really need it” you get walked on…because that isn’t gonna fly.

The problem is in Orlando getting on a ride takes “work” due to mismanagement. That is what’s creating the chaos and causing a raging debate for what would never be an issue if the parks were equipped properly.
TBH, I don’t have an answer for you right now…all I can tell you is that attempting to get out of a packed line with my ECV is going to be an absolute nightmare and I pity the CM’s that are going to have to deal with irate guests accusing me of cutting the line while trying to get back to where I was.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think the only solution is going back to ticket books, it’s going to take at least 10 years of non stop construction to make up for the lack of construction over the last 20 years, until they can get capacity inline with demand there’s no solution that can work.

The ride everything pass doesn’t work when there‘s now 60,000 people in the parks and most the rides were built for about 30,000 people a day.
They’ve lost the capacity battle

They need to ad 25% capacity bare minimum…and you have to overbuild to not fall behind again.

They’ll never do it. Instead they’ll redo splash, country bears, dinoland and then notice they’re still bleeding customers and nobody will entertain more timeshares and price increases.

Bobs gonna get lower attendance…just not for the reasons dusters believed 10 years ago

Happyday

Woah…self quoting foul

So by these limitations…you cannot abuse DAS?

Now I will get educated. There are reports of suspected abuse. Is that not possible?
Supposedly videos are posted describing how to game the system.
Oh no it definitely can be abused! My point is some people in the standby line just assume (which you know what that does😊) instead of asking questions like you are I applaud you on trying to find the truth! There unfortunately are a lot of abuse to this system hence the issues.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Oh no it definitely can be abused! My point is some people in the standby line just assume (which you know what that does😊) instead of asking questions like you are I applaud you on trying to find the truth! There unfortunately are a lot of abuse to this system hence the issues.
So that’s what everyone should agree on…rooting out the abuse…not drawing battle lines over it

Trauma

As much as i hate to admit it. I will disagree. I have had major success with it my last 3 trips… is it a semi pain at times 100% but ive grown to understand and use it pretty effectively
Yes that’s great but I’ll tell ya something that I don’t think you will disagree with-

To get the most out of G+ you are glued to your phone the entire day, refreshing wait times and trying to move them earlier etc.

Yes you can game G+, but the game sux and is not fun for the person playing it on their $1400 a day vacation.

Chi84

Premium Member

I didn't see anything about excluding a massive array of actual disabilities. I do think they are trying to better tailor the accommodation to the specific disability, which is really what the ADA is all about when it comes to accommodation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom