New DAS System at Walt Disney World 2024

Splash4eva

Exactly.

And now that the "DAS Defenders" :rolleyes: are getting some media attention using this woman, they're all giddy that Disney is going to cave.

I think they've forgotten (or never knew) how much bad publicity Disney got when they eliminated GAC.

I think Disney would simply eliminate DAS for all but special cases (solo travelers, disabled guests with one other person in their party and can't wait alone, single adult with only minors in their party) before they would allow it to get back to the extreme levels it was before the changes.

The fact is, DAS is not the only way to wait outside the line.
What do you mean they are going to cave?

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Yes, she has her 15 minutes of fame now...and still no explanation as to why she can't wait in a standby line or wait outside the queue while her party waits in line.
What if she didn't want fame, she just wanted an accommodation.

I don't know why she can't, but I don't understand how a CM with no medical training is qualified to make that determination

Finally, there are plenty of other people speaking to the press - not in look of 15 minutes of fame, but to tell their story.

TrainsOfDisney

Yes, she has her 15 minutes of fame now...and still no explanation as to why she can't wait in a standby line or wait outside the queue while her party waits in line.
Criticizing a disabled person is a really bad look for anyone.

This started out as “good let’s stop all the people lying” and has somehow turned into shaming a disabled young lady for sharing her story.

TrainsOfDisney

Remember… complaining at guest relations is “harassing CM’s” and complaining to the DOJ should be criminal for wasting the time of government employees.

So naturally the only reason a disabled young lady would share her story was for “instagram fame” - it’s always the disabled they blame.

NotTheOne

I don't know why she can't, but I don't understand how a CM with no medical training is qualified to make that determination

Finally, there are plenty of other people speaking to the press - not in look of 15 minutes of fame, but to tell their story.
She was provided an accommodation, and she didn't want to use it. She chose Genie+ instead, and then made the focus of her video a plea for Disney to provide lower cost Genie+ to AP holders.

As for your second statement, first, how do you know she didn't speak with a medical professional? And even if she didn't, I find it pretty funny that no one cared that CMs with no medical training were making DAS decisions before...but of course, that's because they were handed out like candy.

As for wanting to tell their story? Yeah, right.

NotTheOne

Remember… complaining at guest relations is “harassing CM’s” and complaining to the DOJ should be criminal for wasting the time of government employees.

So naturally the only reason a disabled young lady would share her story was for “instagram fame” - it’s always the disabled they blame.
I wish I knew where you come up with some of this stuff...

And I'm not blaming her disability, I'm just saying that she is looking for publicity, and she's found it.

Splash4eva

Personally imo
I mean Disney giving in and going back to the way DAS was previously.
are they really?!? Are you hearing people getting approved now?

jaklgreen

Criticizing a disabled person is a really bad look for anyone.

This started out as “good let’s stop all the people lying” and has somehow turned into shaming a disabled young lady for sharing her story.
Truly these posts are disgusting. Glad to see the other one taken down. I imagine the one you quoted will be too. Imagine talking that way about someone wheelchair bound and with a breathing tube. People have lost the plot here.

NotTheOne

Personally imo

are they really?!? Are you hearing people getting approved now?
I'm actually seeing quite a few people being approved, but not for physical only disabilities - those still seem to be very rare.

And I'm not saying that I think Disney is going back to the way DAS was previously, I'm saying that the DAS Defenders are all giddy because of the publicity this woman has generated, and they think Disney will cave and go back to the way DAS was previously.

mkt

Premium Member
Oh please, don't try to use disability as a "get away with anything" card.

And if you consider this shaming, that's on you.
It isn't a get away with anything card.

But it is a maybe think about it from their perspective card.

Splash4eva

I'm actually seeing quite a few people being approved, but not for physical only disabilities - those still seem to be very rare.

And I'm not saying that I think Disney is going back to the way DAS was previously, I'm saying that the DAS Defenders are all giddy because of the publicity this woman has generated, and they think Disney will cave and go back to the way DAS was previously.
Imo they went from one extreme to the other… they also needed to do this to change genie yet again. I think once that goes live you will again see them reassess the situation and go from there. Some if the changes they made will help the system even in its former form. I think they can still improved and help others eithout crippling the system

NotTheOne

Imo they went from one extreme to the other… they also needed to do this to change genie yet again. I think once that goes live you will again see them reassess the situation and go from there. Some if the changes they made will help the system even in its former form. I think they can still improved and help others eithout crippling the system
The only way I can see them going back giving out DAS for a wider range of needs is if they make it to where it truly works more like a standby line, thus taking away the incentive to cheat or overstate "needs" in order to get one.

mkt

Premium Member
Saying that disabled people can't be criticized is ludicrous...criticized for being disabled? Of course not. Criticized for actions they take or things they say? Sure, just as anyone else would be.
When the action or decision is to give them the same accessibility as a fully abled human, or criticizing what was once a bit of equity for them in their day to day, criticizing that is the wrong action.

NotTheOne

When the action or decision is to give them the same accessibility as a fully abled human, or criticizing what was once a bit of equity for them in their day to day, criticizing that is the wrong action.
Um, she had accessibility, she just didn't want to use it because she didn't want to split from her group. She wasn't asking to be approved for the DAS, she was asking for a discounted Genie+ so that she doesn't have to split from her group.

Disney is under no legal obligation to provide the preferred accommodation, just an accommodation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom