New DAS System at Walt Disney World 2024

TrainsOfDisney

This not only hurts other revenue streams (Early Bird) but actually adds costs for the airline (who do you think pays for the wheelchair drivers.)
Wheelchair drivers are airport employees, not southwest.
that will slow boarding and end their fast turnaround at the gate model
Does southwest actually have a faster turnaround? I’ve seen AA and Delta turn crazy fast - never noticed anything quicker with southwest.

They needed to do assigned seats long ago in my opinion.

Club Cooloholic

Wheelchair drivers are airport employees, not southwest.

Does southwest actually have a faster turnaround? I’ve seen AA and Delta turn crazy fast - never noticed anything quicker with southwest.

They needed to do assigned seats long ago in my opinion.
I am not a fan of southwest and agree, it doesn't move any faster than having assigned seats. In fact I think it is slower, with people having arguments over seat holding by the one person who paid the preboard fee(you will never find more people supposedly using a bathroom pre takeoff and thus told by their companion why a seat is not available than on Southwest).
The other poster made a good point though, on flights with assigned seats preboarding is usually a few people. On Southwest I have had group A and literally rows and rows are already taken by the time I board by the dozens of people preboarding.

Chip Chipperson

It really would for people with small kids and bladders too, I feel like I remember Rise of The Resistance has one midway through the line, but a few more would really help
It would be a smart addition for any new E-ticket, certainly. Eventually, the VQ goes away and becomes Standby and the lines stay long. I don't know if there's a bathroom in the GotG queue, but it would make sense for one to be built there.

Touchdown

Busiest day in 2 weeks, looks to be a crummy day to be there.

IMG_5632.jpeg
IMG_5631.jpeg

TrojanUSC

I’ve seen that Disney now offers a VVIP* tour that’s over $1000/hr where they do actually let you skip the whole line almost all of the time if you want…but I assume I’m not the only parent who feels that sets a horrible example for their children. I would absolutely be beside myself waiting in a 45+ minute queue for Test Track as I mentally calculated what the tour cost me per minute. It would be darkly hilarious if the actual motivation for finally cracking down on DAS capacity was because they were having a harder time selling VIP tours as wealthy park guests got fed up with 20-40m LLs being a regular occurrence. (NB: I really do not think this is the case.)

*not what Disney actually calls it

Which tour are you talking about? Prior to COVID they offered the World of Dreams tour that was a fixed price for the day, it allowed true "front of line" access but the appeal was visiting the castle suite, seeing the utilidors and having some animal experiences. As far as I know, this hasn't come back. They gave you "front of line" access as you had th

Your example about Test Track is a good one. In an effort to try and be somewhat egalitarian, Disney forcing VIP tours through the Lightning Lane is a pretty bad value - particularly when Universal VIP Tours don't use their Express lines. It's a great value for Disney, though, as their goal is for you to exceed the 7 hour minimum and pay for more hours. If you can only get some of the things you want to do done, you're more likely to extend past the minimum. I do empathize a bit with the tour guides to some extent though

What wasn’t accurate?

It sounded like the argument was tours do not have access to ride the newest rides other than VQ or Standby. They have opening day Lightning Lane access to everything (with some restriction as to the # of times).

Last edited:

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
It sounded like the argument was tours do not have access to ride the newest rides other than VQ or Standby. They have opening day Lightning Lane access to everything (with some restriction as to the # of times).
My response started out by saying skipping lines is not a given with VIP. There’s many lines that VIP do not skip. It’s actually the newest, highest demand rides where WDW pays the closest attention not to give line skip access to VIP. There’s no wording of ‘line skip’ on WDW site, instead it says ‘LL access’. It’s not intended to be sold as a line skip service. The experience isn’t a line skip service.

Disstevefan1

Busiest day in 2 weeks, looks to be a crummy day to be there.

View attachment 795824View attachment 795823
My gauge is Pete Pan.
If Peter Pan is 75 minutes or higher its busy.
This does not indicate busy. Its not dead, but not busy by my gauge.

Don't get me wrong, these standby times suck, but high wait times is the norm now that we have the failed Lightning Lane system in place.

NotTheOne

We can debate all we want but it's mostly moot as they're still giving out DAS like candy. Especially if you call back and cry, seems to be the advice on the script-sharing FB groups.
Anyone who calls back after a denial should be denied again until they get to the park and try the alternate accommodations. If they don't work, they can call back and try again, but other than they shouldn't be approving them after an initial denial, IMO.

NotTheOne

Are they really?!? I have 2 separate friends there now who always had it for Autistic purposes and both were denied access ….
I wouldn't necessarily say they're giving them out like candy, but on the FB page I'm on, they did a survey of group members, and the responses (admittedly unscientific) were:
Approved at WDW: 47%
Denied at WDW: 22%
Approved at DL: 13%
Denied at DL: 4%
Too scared to try: 12%
Haven't had the need yet: 2%

So, well more than half of respondents were approved.

Splash4eva

I wouldn't necessarily say they're giving them out like candy, but on the FB page I'm on, they did a survey of group members, and the responses (admittedly unscientific) were:
Approved at WDW: 47%
Denied at WDW: 22%
Approved at DL: 13%
Denied at DL: 4%
Too scared to try: 12%
Haven't had the need yet: 2%

So, well more than half of respondents were approved.
Interesting to note. Im curious are these legit approvals or people who have found out the buzz words to say… too scared to try im guessing are the liars and cheats lol

NotTheOne

Also a lot of CMs seem back to giving large group exceptions. Same old same old 🤣
Actually, I've only seen on person talk about an exception that surprised me - 3 adults and 2 kids...but maybe one of the adults was the DAS holder, I don't know. I've seen some where there were 2 adults and 3 or more young kids who were all approved. But other than that, by far the scenario I've seen is strictly 4, with kids older than 18 being left off the DAS.

Not saying it's not happening, but I think it's fairly rare.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom