New DAS System at Walt Disney World 2024

Fido Chuckwagon

Expecting people to stop and consider the long-term consequences of using the system -- in the way they've been told they're allowed to use it -- when the alternative is "Wheeeeeeee! No standby lines!" just isn't realistic.
Unfortunately this has proven to be true. I don’t think it had to be. People don’t empty the lollipop bowl into their purse at the bank, and trick or treaters only **sometimes** empty out the candy bowl the person who wasn’t home left on their porch.

Fido Chuckwagon

I just took a peek at Epcot now at 12:30. the waits you posted only tell part of what is happening at Epcot today.

While FEA is at 70min, and Remy is 80- both somewhat low; Imagination is at 30, SE is 35, and Nemo is 45. Those waits all seem perhaps a bit high.
Future world rides are always high early afternoon. People entering the parks see those rides first and go on them. They’ll drop to walk-ons by late afternoon.

Grantwil93

I have often heard some say "DAS is not the same as free LL". From a blogger who used to post here a lot...
It wasn't free lightning lane, it was a service that was more optimized to take advantage of time in the parks than anything they have ever designed besides a tour guide, and it was free

I.e, it was far better if we are comparing FP+ or Genie vs DAS on purely how much they can optimize a park day.

That removes all context of why DAS exists, but still

Grantwil93

Nemo at 45 is insanely high. I don't remember ever seeing that ride as more than 10-15 minutes (i.e. essentially always a walk-on).
Generally if it's at a 20-25 minute wait, that just means the indoor line is full and it's constantly moving but not shrinking

When it goes higher, it's cause they are stopping or something. I never do Future World stuff between 11am-4pm cause it's always a walk on once the later afternoon hits

Fido Chuckwagon

3:15 PM on Memorial Day and:

Magic Kingdom:

1. 7DMT is 50 minutes;
2. Peter Pan is 40 minutes;
3. Haunted Mansion is 20 minutes;
4. Jungle Cruise is 35 minutes;
5. Pirates is 10 minutes;
6. BTMRR is 15 minutes;
7. Space Mountain is 30 minutes;

At Epcot Test track is 45 minutes and Remy is 60. FEA is 90 but appears like it was down for a bit.

At Hollywood Studios:
1. ROTR: 50 minutes!
2. Falcon: 45 minutes;
3. TOT: 40 minutes
4. RNRC: 15 minutes
5. TSMM: 25 minutes;
Only thing over 60 minutes is SDD at 80;

AK: FOP is 65, Navi 45, KS 10, Dinosaur 25, EE: 50

Data is way too little and way too early, but I think it’s worth at least being cautiously optimistic.

ditzee

We were at MK today and the lines were not bad at all - the temps were killer though.
Got Tron VQ for my husband and grandsons right at 7 am. We basically covered the Tomorrowland side of the park, including Carousel of Progress and People Mover plus BTMRR before 11am. The only ride after lunch was Tron. Tomorrow, we'll finish MK with JC, PotC, IASW, Peter Pan, 7 Dwarfs Mine train and HM.
Oh and Because I squeaked in before the new DAS rules were implemented, it worked just as it always has.

I have often heard some say "DAS is not the same as free LL". From a blogger who used to post here a lot...
There was a blogger who used to work for another site who would always make a point to brag about how often she used her DAS and really threw it in everyone's face. But what was interesting is she was able to stand in line for food booths, merchandise, and both Epcot and popular concerts. She was able to walk around the theme parks and cover all the new things on a daily basis, yet, for some reason never explained, needed the DAS. Ironically enough the one thing she never covered was her personal use of Genie+.

She is exactly why Disney and Inspire health probably feel they have to rein in the DAS use as there are too many people like that blogger who treat it like free Genie+.

Fido Chuckwagon

There was a blogger who used to work for another site who would always make a point to brag about how often she used her DAS and really threw it in everyone's face. But what was interesting is she was able to stand in line for food booths, merchandise, and both Epcot and popular concerts. She was able to walk around the theme parks and cover all the new things on a daily basis, yet, for some reason never explained, needed the DAS. Ironically enough the one thing she never covered was her personal use of Genie+.

She is exactly why Disney and Inspire health probably feel they have to rein in the DAS use as there are too many people like that blogger who treat it like free Genie+.
I’d also bet that she had a legitimate disability and did not lie to get her DAS.

Vegas Disney Fan

Unfortunately this has proven to be true. I don’t think it had to be. People don’t empty the lollipop bowl into their purse at the bank, and trick or treaters only **sometimes** empty out the candy bowl the person who wasn’t home left on their porch.
Because everyone knows the unwritten rule with the lollipop bowl and the trick or treating bowl is to take one. That wasn’t the unwritten rule with DAS, or the written rule, or the spoken rule… Disney said use it whenever you want to.

Fido Chuckwagon

Because everyone knows the unwritten rule with the lollipop bowl and the trick or treating bowl is to take one. That wasn’t the unwritten rule with DAS, or the written rule, or the spoken rule… Disney said use it whenever you want to.
You really think there isn’t an unwritten societal rule that you shouldn’t use accommodations designed for the disabled unless you actually need those accommodations? Really?

Fido Chuckwagon

I highly doubt it. They are probably part of the reason Disney felt they needed to revise the program and who qualified for it.
No, I mean she probably didn’t lie about her disability. I’m sure she was disabled, but did she really need DAS as a reasonable accommodation in order to be able to experience Disney’s attractions? Probably not. That’s why Disney had to tighten up what qualifies for DAS and why they didn’t just move in the Universal direction of requiring proof of disability.

Vegas Disney Fan

You really think there isn’t an unwritten societal rule that you shouldn’t use accommodations designed for the disabled unless you actually need those accommodations? Really?
We are talking about legitimately disabled users using the system as they were told. I called it soft abuse because they were using it in situations it wasn’t necessary but that’s how Disney told them to use it.

J4546

No, I mean she probably didn’t lie about her disability. I’m sure she was disabled, but did she really need DAS as a reasonable accommodation in order to be able to experience Disney’s attractions? Probably not. That’s why Disney had to tighten up what qualifies for DAS and why they didn’t just move in the Universal direction of requiring proof of disability.
i saw something i think on tiktok that was basically a "how to skip the lines" in disneyland just by saying you need DAS and yeah....people ruin everything but DAS def needs to be re-evaluated now because of the seemingly overall lack of integrity that society used to have...i think.

Fido Chuckwagon

We are talking about legitimately disabled users using the system as they were told. I called it soft abuse because they were using it in situations it wasn’t necessary but that’s how Disney told them to use it.
I mean if you don’t think that someone who is legitimately disabled with, for example, heat intolerance, doesn’t know that they shouldn’t really use their DAS pass to skip indoor queues then I don’t know what to tell you.

Vegas Disney Fan

I mean if you don’t think that someone who is legitimately disabled with, for example, heat intolerance, doesn’t know that they shouldn’t really use their DAS pass to skip indoor queues then I don’t know what to tell you.
Have you ever gone 1 or more miles per hour over the speed limit?

We all know without a doubt that’s wrong, but since everyone else does it we all do it. And that’s blatantly against the rules.

What we did wasn’t against the rules and Disney said it was ok to do it… but somehow we were supposed to think it was wrong?

Fido Chuckwagon

Have you ever gone 1 or more miles per hour over the speed limit?

We all know without a doubt that’s wrong, but since everyone else does it we all do it. And that’s blatantly against the rules.

What we did wasn’t against the rules and Disney said it was ok to do it… but somehow we were supposed to think it was wrong?
There’s been a lot of cognitive dissonance and false equivalence in this thread but comparing using an accommodation designed for the severely disabled that you don’t actually need with going 1 mph over the speed limit is something.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom