New DAS System at Walt Disney World 2024

Splash4eva

I have been hearing a lot of bad things. I heard firsthand from someone who was being trained on this that their training was very minimal. It left them with a lot more questions than answers. Mixed feelings on if they are just being trained to say no to everyone and send them to the attraction host or if they even have a plan in place for the 20th.

I guess only time will tell. A few more days, and we will know.
What does that mean send to attraction host? People are either going to have DAS or not correct? Monday is going to be very interesting when info does start to trickle out

Fido Chuckwagon

Just like every other change Disney has ever made, people will be angry, then adjust, then accept it as the new normal.
Yeah, also this. It's the interim "people will be angry" phase where I really feel badly for the CM's. They do not make enough to deal with this kind of abuse, and they really are what sets a Disney trip apart from anywhere else. It's really kind of depressing that people will feel like they are entitled to treat them in a terrible manner, but it is guaranteed to happen.

Fido Chuckwagon

In every other instance where this has been tried, the CMs just eventually relent and allow anyone to have DAS. It's most likely to happen in this scenario too.
I'm not talking about the DAS interviews though. It sounds like the frontline CM's at the attraction entrance are going to be taking abuse if there's some kind of case by case discretion they're being granted that will cause them to have to deny people. I've seen people arguing with frontline CM's over genie+/ILL$ mistakes, and that can go either way, the CM's certainly aren't granting everyone access who argues.

Splash4eva

I get this, and I feel for all of the CM's. Judging just by what people have posted in this thread the frontline CM's are about to get a ton of abuse from people who feel they are entitled to skip the line but no longer meet Disney's requirements to do so.
This is where im confused. If you dont have DAS do you really think people are going to say. I had it last year im skipping the line now?!? I cant see anyone loudly complaining like a spoiled brat baby they have to wait on line this year.. the issue is gonna be people who are told online after being denied they will have adequate ways to leave and return and Disney doesnt provide that to them…

haveyoumetmark

Thinking about this some more I'm sure that's not what's happening and something is being lost in translation / the game of telephone currently being played.
Having the same thought, because people pile up at attraction entrances as it is. There's no way this process will last or make things go more smoothly.

Splash4eva

I'm not talking about the DAS interviews though. It sounds like the frontline CM's at the attraction entrance are going to be taking abuse if there's some kind of case by case discretion they're being granted that will cause them to have to deny people. I've seen people arguing with frontline CM's over genie+/ILL$ mistakes, and that can go either way, the CM's certainly aren't granting everyone access who argues.
What discretion? You will either have DaS or not…

Purduevian

What does that mean send to attraction host? People are either going to have DAS or not correct? Monday is going to be very interesting when info does start to trickle out
I assume this is going to be the new "return to line" thing. A CM will (hopefully) see the individual or group leave the line for whatever reason. Then when they return to the attraction, that CM who may or may not have seen the person or group leave the line probably has 3 options:

1) Let them into the LL
2) Walk them to a spot further up in the standby line (if the queue allows this) hopefully to meet up with family
3) Say sorry and show them the back of the standby line

If that decision is being left to the attraction cast member, I pity them and also feel like the LL abuse will get even worse.

Chi84

Premium Member
Thinking about this some more I'm sure that's not what's happening and something is being lost in translation / the game of telephone currently being played.
I agree. What was said about everyone getting DAS and then CMs having discretion to deny them doesn’t make sense. I don’t doubt what people say they heard, just that the info may have been incomplete.

Disney wants to limit DAS. That would have the effect of expanding it.

Splash4eva

I assume this is going to be the new "return to line" thing. A CM will (hopefully) see the individual or group leave the line for whatever reason. Then when they return to the attraction, that CM who may or may not have seen the person or group leave the line probably has 3 options:

1) Let them into the LL
2) Walk them to a spot further up in the standby line (if the queue allows this) hopefully to meet up with family
3) Say sorry and show them the back of the standby line

If that decision is being left to the attraction cast member, I pity them and also feel like the LL abuse will get even worse.
I never give Disney any credit or benefit of the doubt but if this is their return to line plan they should be destroyed by everyone and everybody. It be an absolute disgrace and will cause chaos

Fido Chuckwagon

I never give Disney any credit or benefit of the doubt but if this is their return to line plan they should be destroyed by everyone and everybody. It be an absolute disgrace and will cause chaos
I've always assumed (and posited in this thread) that the bathroom return to line system will likely involve cm's letting someone returning to line into the lightning lane. So long as this is coupled with an actual trespassing of people who are found to abuse it (say people who wait for 10 minutes in the FOP line and then "return to the fastpass line" and do this more than once), it could work.

lazyboy97o

I've always assumed (and posited in this thread) that the bathroom return to line system will likely involve cm's letting someone returning to line into the lightning lane. So long as this is coupled with an actual trespassing of people who are found to abuse it (say people who wait for 10 minutes in the FOP line and then "return to the fastpass line" and do this more than once), it could work.
That criteria includes people with actual, serious issues.

Fido Chuckwagon

That criteria includes people with actual, serious issues.
Ok. That doesn't change the fact that a return to line pass involving the lightning lanes is probably part of what's going to be in play here. Part of this needs to be intentionally opaque (including consequences for abuse and criteria for what constitutes abuse), because otherwise people will too easily find new ways to abuse it.

lazyboy97o

Ok. That doesn't change the fact that a return to line pass involving the lightning lanes is probably part of what's going to be in play here.
No, but it shows the continued decision to distort and downplay legitimate concerns. You were again mischaracterizing people being upset as approval of abuse and are again calling for people to be banned for their actual issues.

Fido Chuckwagon

No, but it shows the continued decision to distort and downplay legitimate concerns. You were again mischaracterizing people being upset as approval of abuse and are again calling for people to be banned for their actual issues.
I am doing no such thing. There will absolutely be people who need the return to line system and will utilize it. That is something that I have been posting for weeks now, that people need to give Disney a chance and see what "return to line" looks like before immediately trashing it and insisting that only DAS will work for them and that a return to line system can't possibly work for them. I have also previously posted that I expect a "return to line" system will likely utilize the lightning lanes.

Any system can and will be abused, and hopefully Disney will also have something figured out for that as well. I suspect patterns of use will be part of that.

Last edited:

haveyoumetmark

I agree. What was said about everyone getting DAS and then CMs having discretion to deny them doesn’t make sense. I don’t doubt what people say they heard, just that the info may have been incomplete.

Disney wants to limit DAS. That would have the effect of expanding it.
I understood it as DAS being very restricted, and the large group of guests who were previously eligible will now be directed to seek alternative/similar accommodations with frontline attractions CMs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom