New DAS System at Walt Disney World 2024

pigglewiggle

You are being dismissive of the many questions about how those vague accommodations actually work from people who need specific information. Just saying their is an unspecified accommodation doesn’t actually help people.

No one in this thread can answer those specific questions. Like it or not, have to wait until people start reporting their actual experience with new policy.

homerdance

DAS guests are using as much as 71 percent of capacity on popular rides, there will be a noticeable effect on lines.
Can someone clarify something for me? The DAS guests are 8-10% (10% for math) of park guests on an average day. Is that 10% just the DAS guest or is that number inclusive of the total party? So Is the entire DAS party 10% of total guests or 40% of guests?

Fido Chuckwagon

We could probably hire a research team to figure out why?

…wait a minute…it’s the prices irritated by the crowd levels. The place is a consumer powderkeg and always will be.
I think both things can be true. Disney’s prices, policies, and crowd levels are certainly contributing to the increase we are seeing of poor guest behavior, fights, etc. On the other hand those guests engaging in that poor behavior (fighting, abusing cast members, etc) are still very much to blame for their own behavior and should be trespassed.

Fido Chuckwagon

Can someone clarify something for me? The DAS guests are 8-10% (10% for math) of park guests on an average day. Is that 10% just the DAS guest or is that number inclusive of the total party? So Is the entire DAS party 10% of total guests or 40% of guests?
I don’t believe that clarification has actually been posted, and may not be known by anyone except for insiders.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
FP and FP+ existed for years, how was it not sustainable!?

I’ve always wondered why people said this too. At the time, I was a CM - so I already had last pick - but even then, I was usually a day-of planner. I rarely couldn’t get the FPs I wanted, though it often took some refreshing.
It’s 90% in here…and easy to fill in the gap beyond that

I can give you the cliff notes version

Fastpass 1.0 was designed by an engineer using numbers and flow rates and the crowd to capacity ratio was adequate.

Fastpass 2.0 abandoned that model to a large extent and was implemented when they had lost control of the crowd to capacity ratio

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think both things can be true. Disney’s prices, policies, and crowd levels are certainly contributing to the increase we are seeing of poor guest behavior, fights, etc. On the other hand those guests engaging in that poor behavior (fighting, abusing cast members, etc) are still very much to blame and should be trespassed.
Oh I don’t disagree there

I’m just identifying the motive…not condemning the punishment for the crime

pdude81

FP and FP+ existed for years, how was it not sustainable!?
FP may have been sustainable because you had to go physically get the tickets and they ran out eventually. FP+ is fundamentally unsustainable because every guest, regardless of whether they paid per day or for an AP, got 3 free line skips per visit minimum. This might have been ok if they had major expansions ten years ago, but given the amount of attractions we have to work with, any popular new ride bringing additional guests would choke down every queue as those people were guaranteed a number of line skips... ahead of the actual visit.

So if they needed ride maintenance at buzz in MK, all those passes would likely turn to anytime passes that further disrupt operations. There are a lot of reasons why that system was terrible, but most of us made it work since we knew the quirks. Genie+ sucks a bit less for all parties concerned, but it's biggest draw is that not everybody has it. The massive increase in DAS passes given out ended up choking out some of the operational benefits associated with everybody not getting FP+ in the first place.

Now if you feel like it was sustainable for a period of time, fine. I believe it was fundamentally flawed as a concept, but there are a number or reasonable takes there. But what they did was use FP+ to trick people into line skips they didn't need in the first place, and then people became accustomed to this benefit. Without expanding capacity while they utilized FP+ to manage crowds, the system was quickly running out of road.

pdude81

The math seems to indicate closer to 40% of guests (including party) than 8%. But this is just my take from reading through the various threads on this over the years. Not from real data

TrainsOfDisney

FP may have been sustainable because you had to go physically get the tickets and they ran out eventually.
What I liked about the FP system was you had to physically be there… you couldn’t reserve from your hotel room. That meant as long as you arrived in the park before like 11 or noon, you could still get a FP for a popular ride. It wasn’t a gamble and who can use their iPhone app the best.

I was never a fan of FP+ but I also don’t see it as being unsustainable- it could still exist easily.
The math seems to indicate closer to 40% of guests (including party) than 8%. But this is just my take from reading through the various threads on this over the years. Not from real data
I don’t think 40% of guests on any given day have DAS. That just seems like a crazy high number. 8% seems much more accurate.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I was never a fan of FP+ but I also don’t see it as being unsustainable- it could still exist easily.

You might have missed the parts that showed why it was unsustainable…

It couldn’t hold…and more than that - it exposes TONS of shortcomings and deficiencies in the park operations.

The issue is not problems…problems are normal and to be expected. The problem is they can’t fix them. And by “can’t”…it’s just refusal

Robert
A
Iger

pdude81

What I liked about the FP system was you had to physically be there… you couldn’t reserve from your hotel room. That meant as long as you arrived in the park before like 11 or noon, you could still get a FP for a popular ride. It wasn’t a gamble and who can use their iPhone app the best.

I don’t think 40% of guests on any given day have DAS. That just seems like a crazy high number. 8% seems much more accurate.
40% of guests don't didn't have DAS, but I think 40% of guests were utilizing DAS with the up to 6x party multiplier. So if 8-10 percent were granted DAS, the average party size including the individual requiring accommodation was 4-5 people.

nickys

Premium Member
Around 7-9% of guests have the DAS granted to them, based on figures from Len Testa. It also apparently correlates to the %age of Americans with a disability.

homerdance

Around 7-9% of guests have the DAS granted to them, based on figures from Len Testa. It also apparently correlates to the %age of Americans with a disability.
So let’s just say-10% have DAS. When the guest utilization for LL is 70% is that the DAS user and thier party it just the DAS user?

ditzee

Made my DAS reservation just now for our May trip. Was able to reserve pre selects and nothing was said about 10 minute wait after tapping in.
I did ask going forward if the DAS was only for developmental disabilities and she told me that nothing would be released until May 20th.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom