News New Crêperie restaurant coming to Epcot's France Pavilion as part of Ratatouille expansion

castlecake2.0

The Harry Potter quick service takes the cake for me.

I watched the person who coordinated seats in the dining area give hand signals to the seaters. It was something to behold. Luckily we got sent to a seat, I think the people behind us we told to steal second base.
I feel they made that dining experience way harder than it needs to be.

Lil Copter Cap

Hearing that operations is a nightmare with only four stations (?) to make crepes for the outside window AND inside table service. Two set on dessert and two set for savory. Continual complaints by guests who are sitting inside on food delays and mishaps. (Guests are actively asking for the manager on duty and leaving as a result of not receiving their food in a timely manner.)

This tracks with that our waitress, who opened the location and has worked food service 20+ years, said in regards to high-level executives not listening to feedback from the opening team. The kitchen cannot operate as-is for a window AND sit-down establishment.

Rumor is they are looking to commit fully to the quick service window and just having the inside as indoor seating.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
One source said that Ratatouille has a capacity of 2,200 PPH. That's at least two thousand people per hour moseying into that dead-end plaza (and having been there, I was impressed by it). That's *a lot* of people back there, so, it's no wonder that the only fast serve back there would be constantly jammed.

UNCgolf

Hearing that operations is a nightmare with only four stations (?) to make crepes for the outside window AND inside table service. Two set on dessert and two set for savory. Continual complaints by guests who are sitting inside on food delays and mishaps. (Guests are actively asking for the manager on duty and leaving as a result of not receiving their food in a timely manner.)

This tracks with that our waitress, who opened the location and has worked food service 20+ years, said in regards to high-level executives not listening to feedback from the opening team. The kitchen cannot operate as-is for a window AND sit-down establishment.

Rumor is they are looking to commit fully to the quick service window and just having the inside as indoor seating.

If this is true, I'm shocked by how poorly planned that is. It should have been obvious even before opening that that wasn't going to work.

Casper Gutman

Does anyone in Disney upper management have any experience with how theme parks actually run, at the day-to-day, ground-level, guest-interface level? Not like Chapek, who might as well have been running a mall as a theme park for all the actual operational knowledge he seems to possess.

Lil Copter Cap

Is there a counter inside that could also be used as a quick serve line? Even if not, just operating as a quick serve using the outdoor window and having seating inside seems reasonable to me.
There isn’t to my knowledge. Having non-reservation indoor seating in World Showcase would be nice to have especially mid-summer.

Goofy Ninja

The Craperie is put to shame by Universal's crepes. The ones at Disney feel too thin, you'd figure they'd know how to make them by now. They've had a walkup for years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom