New countries at Epcot?!

Uncle Remus

I don't know that they would put in Puerto Rico. We are already part of the United States and the U.S. is already represented in the World Showcase.

Puerto Rico doesn't exactly fit into the colonial theme. Not to mention People know very little about Puerto Rico. One of my best and oldest friends grew up there. Planning in taking a visit with him next year. The food is amazing. The landscape is amazing. Best of both worlds. The mountains and the beach. I'd like to see it personally but also understand your reasoning for adding a different country

Last edited:

copcarguyp71

In terms of diversity I really think Mexico goes a long way towards representing the latin american influence. Now...before anyone gets their hackles up I AM NOT SAYING Puerto Rico is anything like Mexico just that in terms of all out diversity there are many other countries mentioned that could bring far more totally new architecture, cultural diversity, ride possibilities and (perish the thought) marketing schemes than PR.

Just so nobody thinks me a xenophobe I am of Irish decent and as such would love to see Ireland represented as it's own country but have to submit that it makes no more sense than PR simply because the UK pavillion represents part of that culture as well.

Lucky

I would love to see Puerto Rico represented at Epcot the possibilities could be phenomenal. The architecture could be old San Juan
Old_san_juan.jpg

If done right this could be the spiritual successor to New Orleans square.
Old_San_Juan_Wade_7.JPG

Think of all the amazing shops! They could sell tons of stuff, have Vejigante Masks! Not to mention a nice restaurant, and considering how great Puerto Rican cuisine is At night the soundtrack of the area could change to include the sounds of coqui in the distance. Perhaps this could lead up a hill towards a facade of El Morro?
Old_San_Juan_aerial_view.jpg

Inside a nice E ticket ride? and some walk ways that offer you a hilltop view of the rest of the World showcase? Just like how El Morro in real life offers some real stunning sights when you are on top walking around.

I've read that El Morro was the model for the fort in the PoTC ride. I had a great time touring it, the other fort nearby, Old San Juan, and the rainforest just east of town (El Yunque).

Pocahontas

Our culture is very different. I should know as I am Puerto Rican but I would also like to see other countries represented. And Puerto Rico is a self-governing commonwealth not a territory of the United States.
That was just contradicting what you were saying, but ok.

danzkat

I would love to see Puerto Rico represented at Epcot the possibilities could be phenomenal. The architecture could be old San Juan
Old_san_juan.jpg

If done right this could be the spiritual successor to New Orleans square.
Old_San_Juan_Wade_7.JPG

Think of all the amazing shops! They could sell tons of stuff, have Vejigante Masks! Not to mention a nice restaurant, and considering how great Puerto Rican cuisine is At night the soundtrack of the area could change to include the sounds of coqui in the distance. Perhaps this could lead up a hill towards a facade of El Morro?
Old_San_Juan_aerial_view.jpg

Inside a nice E ticket ride? and some walk ways that offer you a hilltop view of the rest of the World showcase? Just like how El Morro in real life offers some real stunning sights when you are on top walking around.

The building the Pirates of the Caribbean is housed in took actually was inspired and was named after El Morro in Puerto Rico! :D If this was added to the WS in Epcot then they should make sure to highlight the history of the original inhabitants the Tainos and the mix of the cultures from the Tainos, Spaniards, and Africans.

thomas998

Now, now, wouldn't you enjoy a Dole whip with nuoc mam? A Vietnam Pavillion could feature Mama Sans Steam Bath Parlor. Serve Bamiba and drinking around the world would include going beau coup inky dau. Add some cyclos and simulated incoming and there you are!:confused:

Welcome Home

I don't think Vietnam would work. Sure you could highlight the geography, and even their food... but all the lands also seem to like to have kiosks that sell things from that country that you wouldn't normally be able to get in the US... But considering about the only thing Vietnam makes now is stuff that is exported to be sold in the US Disney would have a hard time finding anything unique to sell from the country.

aladdin2007

I don't think Vietnam would work. Sure you could highlight the geography, and even their food... but all the lands also seem to like to have kiosks that sell things from that country that you wouldn't normally be able to get in the US... But considering about the only thing Vietnam makes now is stuff that is exported to be sold in the US Disney would have a hard time finding anything unique to sell from the country.

I think Thailand would be a much better option and would look great from a architecture standpoint. https://images.search.yahoo.com/ima...igi=12f8cg6fm&.crumb=N6u8Mly.1Ua&fr=yfp-t-950

Pocahontas

Our culture is very different. I should know as I am Puerto Rican but I would also like to see other countries represented. And Puerto Rico is a self-governing commonwealth not a territory of the United States.
And, one more thing, Puerto Rico is in fact a territory of the United States - an organized division of a country that is not yet admitted to the full rights of a state. It is also a self-governing commonwealth, you are correct. That is all.

jl3283

It doesn't matter what we want. They never build anything new because guests will visit wdw regardless. Why build anything new when you're getting a million visitors every day with what you already have?

Avatarland before Star Wars land - that's awful!

No carsland in Orlando? - that's awful!

Taking 3 yrs to build Seven Dwarfs mine train - that's awful!

Lucky

And, one more thing, Puerto Rico is in fact a territory of the United States - an organized division of a country that is not yet admitted to the full rights of a state. It is also a self-governing commonwealth, you are correct. That is all.
I like your new name! I'm just surprised it wasn't taken already.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom