New Concept for Off Kilter

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Now when I first heard of the Off Kilter departure, I was also told by the same person that two of the long time members of the World Players were goners about the same time.

Has anyone heard what sparked both bands change-ups?

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Sorry Scott, lots of kilts to be found in Canada. Not so much day-to-day wear [though there's some of that as well], but special occasions, formal events and Highland Games all draw many Kilt-wearing men.

My T-Shirt says it best: "It's a Kilt! If I wore anything under it, then it'd be a skirt!"

I went to a WestHighland event in Northern IL this summer. They had relocated to a larger facility near the new Scottish Facility built. It was a fun time even though I am Irish, I can blend, lol.

Those Kilts and their log events, boxers are a must, lol.

scpergj

Couldn't agree more. I cut my rock & roll teeth on 2112, which is an AMAZING Album. I also am a big BR fan and love the change and the celebration of the different British Artists. The Beatles are in there as well ( Along with one of the sets Mulch, Sweat & Shears does over in the Studios) but there is so much more and this band explores that. Marie
Aah, 2112...one of the great albums of all times. Not only do I have it on my iPhone, my 15 year old son also has his own copy of it. He's in awe at my original vinyl...

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Sorry Scott, lots of kilts to be found in Canada. Not so much day-to-day wear [though there's some of that as well], but special occasions, formal events and Highland Games all draw many Kilt-wearing men.

My T-Shirt says it best: "It's a Kilt! If I wore anything under it, then it'd be a skirt!"

Bad wording on my part. I know there are plenty of kilts in Canada. But the main association is with Scotland.

And I don't want to know what anybody is wearing under his kilt.

I_heart_Tigger

Original Poster
As far as I've heard it's just the departure of the keyboards and combining the fiddle and bagpipes in the same set - anyone else think it's going to get really loud in the Canadian pavilion?

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
As far as I've heard it's just the departure of the keyboards and combining the fiddle and bagpipes in the same set - anyone else think it's going to get really loud in the Canadian pavilion?

I remember the joke from the old Golden Horseshoe show in Disneyland.

Q: Why do bagpipers always walk while they play?
A: They're trying to get away from the sound.

PhotoDave219

I actually like them as a cover band. Sure they love their rock & roll cliches a bit too much, but they'd have been a fun band at a place like the old Rock & Roll Beach Club in Pleasure Island.

That said, their style--musical and otherwise--seems completely out of place for a gazebo in an English garden.

That said, no question Off Kilter blows them away. I'd even given Mo' Rockin' the advantage over them.

Well, who doesnt dig a belly dancer?

PhotoDave219

No way. I enjoyed them, and I know they moved on as opposed to Disney getting rid of them, but I really enjoy the new band. I've seen them 4 times at the UK, and every single time there has been a very large crowd singing and having a good time. Guests seem to being enjoying the new band very much.

But a (BAD) American Cover Band in the UK?

wannabeBelle

Wouldn't that be a third guitar since Randy and Mark play guitars?
I am assuming that this would be Jason's day off or something so a second regular guitar was added. Mark plays the bass guitar. And to further complicate matters, the gentleman on the second guitar is Mark as well!!! A different Mark from the bass player but Mark nonetheless!! Marie

Dwarful

I am a big fan of Off Kilter. Hope they don't change too much...I've introduced so many family and friends to their music...they are a must see every trip.

This has been a very fun thread to read. We go to a lot of the Scottish Highland games in Il, Mo, & Kansas. My grandma was the first in her family born in the USA her brother and parents were all born in Kilmarnock Scotland.

PhotoDave219

Now when I first heard of the Off Kilter departure, I was also told by the same person that two of the long time members of the World Players were goners about the same time.

Has anyone heard what sparked both bands change-ups?

Wait. Who is leaving WSP??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom