New Concept for Off Kilter

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I've heard he was a fantastic guy and loved to chat. The loss was felt all over Canada. He was from Ontario but he summered in Nova Scotia and we kind of took him as one of our own. You should come to the Stan Rogers Folk Festival sometime. You're bound to meet someone that knew him.
I've wanted to go to Stanfest the last three or four years [since I first heard about it], but I've always had conflicts. I'll make it one of these years. My sister and brother-in-law both kept in touch with Stan's wife over the years and I'm FaceBook friends with Garnet, his brother [he was there when I was drinking with Stan, but doesn't remember me at all from then].

PhotoDave219

Tom Sawyer maybe get Rush.
I know Off-Kilter is trying to make music that is representative of Atlantic Canada but the group members are all Americans.

Rush is 100% Canadian, and have nation wide appeal.

I'm fine with not ever hearing Rush again within the confines of the World Showcase.

And that band in the UK is utterly revolting.

wannabeBelle

Tigger, thanks for the tour of your homeleand, that was awesome!!! You truly have a wonderful gift for writing, your story made me smile and laugh!!! Marie

wannabeBelle

Canadian folk is big on fiddles so I can only be happy about this.
WILD!!!!!! and I mean that in the best sense of the word!!! That was awesome!!! It kinda reminded me of Leahy who I posted above and are also from Canada. Mark Weldon of OK Had recommended we see them and they are pretty terrific as well. Marie

wannabeBelle

I'm fine with not ever hearing Rush again within the confines of the World Showcase.

I respectfully disagree and the crowds they are drawing seem to indicate otherwise. I like the change of British Revolution and hope that band is there for a while!! Marie

wannabeBelle

I cant see that one as likely. I had heard they were still playing in the area but at different venues. Can anyone confirm that? Marie

righttrack

Love Rush, they are Canada's biggest export, certainly in terms of music. Even covering them in a Gordon Lightfoot kind of way is fine. They must be acknowledged. As for British Revolution, there is lots of British music to celebrate. I love The Beatles, but you can't ignore The Who, The Kinks, Queen, etc. They do a great job and I have stayed and listened to them multiple nights on a week's vacation to WDW.

wannabeBelle

Love Rush, they are Canada's biggest export, certainly in terms of music. Even covering them in a Gordon Lightfoot kind of way is fine. They must be acknowledged. As for British Revolution, there is lots of British music to celebrate. I love The Beatles, but you can't ignore The Who, The Kinks, Queen, etc. They do a great job and I have stayed and listened to them multiple nights on a week's vacation to WDW.
Couldn't agree more. I cut my rock & roll teeth on 2112, which is an AMAZING Album. I also am a big BR fan and love the change and the celebration of the different British Artists. The Beatles are in there as well ( Along with one of the sets Mulch, Sweat & Shears does over in the Studios) but there is so much more and this band explores that. Marie

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Ahhh the Beatles. What can I say about them that wont get me banned. I will credit them with being first to do a few things (well first to get the publicity) but the rest is just hype.

Rush? What can I say except Exit Stage Left, Closer to the Heart, I was there.

Off Kilter are the best live act at Disney. So yu can bet the current regime will bollocks it up.

71jason

I actually like them as a cover band. Sure they love their rock & roll cliches a bit too much, but they'd have been a fun band at a place like the old Rock & Roll Beach Club in Pleasure Island.

That said, their style--musical and otherwise--seems completely out of place for a gazebo in an English garden.

That said, no question Off Kilter blows them away. I'd even given Mo' Rockin' the advantage over them.

dreamscometrue

Bring back the beatles cover band.

No way. I enjoyed them, and I know they moved on as opposed to Disney getting rid of them, but I really enjoy the new band. I've seen them 4 times at the UK, and every single time there has been a very large crowd singing and having a good time. Guests seem to being enjoying the new band very much.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Just FYI - Off Kilter is going under a re-structuring - Tony (keyboards) is no longer with the band and Jason (fiddle) will be joining full time. Apprently Disney is coming up with a "new concept" for the band.

Hopefully they improve rather than completely change it. (not that it needed improving but the alternative would not go over well)

Of all the acts that perform around WS, this would be the one that seems least in need of a "new concept". They are popular, play fun music, and actually have a nice little area to perform in (unlike, say, the Chinese acrobats, whose performances block traffic flow). As you say, hopefully just some tinkering. Were they not so popular, I'd recommend a change in costume (since Kilts are associated with Scotland, not Canada), but that would require a change in name in this case.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Of all the acts that perform around WS, this would be the one that seems least in need of a "new concept". They are popular, play fun music, and actually have a nice little area to perform in (unlike, say, the Chinese acrobats, whose performances block traffic flow). As you say, hopefully just some tinkering. Were they not so popular, I'd recommend a change in costume (since Kilts are associated with Scotland, not Canada), but that would require a change in name in this case.
Sorry Scott, lots of kilts to be found in Canada. Not so much day-to-day wear [though there's some of that as well], but special occasions, formal events and Highland Games all draw many Kilt-wearing men.

My T-Shirt says it best: "It's a Kilt! If I wore anything under it, then it'd be a skirt!"

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Sorry Scott, lots of kilts to be found in Canada. Not so much day-to-day wear [though there's some of that as well], but special occasions, formal events and Highland Games all draw many Kilt-wearing men.

My T-Shirt says it best: "It's a Kilt! If I wore anything under it, then it'd be a skirt!"
2 things must be worn under a kilt. Shoes and socks.:cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom