New Concept Art

flynnibus

Premium Member
I'm not sure how this project is replacing dining and entertainment with shopping. It really is an expansion.

Like I said - it's finally replacing the PI dead zone and what they closed to make that dead zone.. and the 'expansion' so far has been shopping.

Concepts like a fake food truck park really don't have me excited about what they have yet to reveal.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Like I said - it's finally replacing the PI dead zone and what they closed to make that dead zone.. and the 'expansion' so far has been shopping.

Concepts like a fake food truck park really don't have me excited about what they have yet to reveal.
That's fair if you are going back to PI of the 90s. Comparing DS to what DTD was in 2013 before construction started it's clearly an upgrade.

The Landing area is really replacing what once was PI. It will be mostly restaurants with a few shops and no clubs. I can't imagine the bars in the restaurants and the live entertainment will be on par with the entertainment PI offered. They will at least have better food. I'm curious to hear about whether a true night life develops. I still think there is a pretty strong demand for it.

The food truck area is just a food court in disguise. It's just a way to theme the area instead of building a generic food court. I'm not overly impressed with it but it services the purpose of offering QS food. I do like the look of the area with the tables and patio overlooking the lake. It seems like a relaxing place to grab a quick bite and maybe listen to some music.

ctxak98

Well...in the past they built the Village Market, which looks like a mall from the 70s (and still does). Brown buildings, with shingle roofs. Rather uninspired if you ask me.

I find it a bit unfair to judge the project based off of very low quality computer graphics. Of course it looks cheap, there is no depth, no character to the drawing.
Exactly the point I was going to make. This really doesn't totally pass as concept art IMO. I am almost positive, it will look nicer when all is said and done. Plus even if it does look like a mall to some, where I'm from, there is no mall that looks like this!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom