New CM Uniforms across HS

Lilofan

He ran the MK into the ground and every VP after him had to schedule mega-maintenance to fix the park; then he was rewarded by being moved to DHS just in time to take credit for SWGE. I guess his portrait in Belle’s Village wasn’t enough for his ego.

Does anyone remember when MK CMs started an April Fools rumor Phil had been sacked for his constant budget cuts, and that the Space Mt. refurb cut was the final straw?

That “joke” was surprisingly pointed commentary on his reign over the MK, and it came from within the park itself.
For whatever reason, he has survived layoffs after all the years with the company. Someone in Burbank maybe still likes him.

Lilofan

This was a long time coming since they stopped having cast members get dressed each day before their shift 15+ years ago. Now CMs take their uniforms home. This allowed them to stop paying for the changing time and to drastically cut the costuming hours. With that change, it's became harder for a CM who's scheduled at Muppets, for example, to go over and help at Indiana Jones. This also explains why you see Tower of Terror bellhops filling up gas on 535. It was a huge blow to the overall show of the resort when they made that change. The irony of it all is that not much money was saved as so many transient CMs (seasonal, CPs, IPs, etc) never return their costumes.
Wouldn't the company find a way to hold the CMs responsible? - i.e. Hold last paycheck? Deduct $$ from paycheck until costumes returned?

DisneyDreamerxyz

I think they do this or either put you on a "no rehire" status. Someone else with better knowledge could likely chime in
this is correct. if you leave the company without returning all of your costume pieces that were provided, you are put on the restricted rehire list until you correct the issue. (either turning it in or paying for the item)

Lilofan

this is correct. if you leave the company without returning all of your costume pieces that were provided, you are put on the restricted rehire list until you correct the issue. (either turning it in or paying for the item)
Disney is too nice. Charge them for the costumes that are not returned on their last paycheck. That will send a clear message.

TrojanUSC

This is correct but unfortunately inventory system is kind (barcodes but often stuff is in-house that isn't scanned back in, etc) and you're dealing with a lot of CPs who are likely never planning to work for the company again.

matt9112

They’re paisley and CMs are joking about them on the loud speaker before the pre show. “Please move all the way forward and cover all space on the carpet. The only thing uglier than our shirts is the carpet.”

Looks aside i dont get the style choice...we are entering g force records and the preshow load etc all happen not at a concert.

itsy bitsy spider

If there is one thing I don't like it's genericness. They've been doing the same thing to their rooms. Many of them don't feel themed enough anymore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom