News New Club Cool opens Summer 2021 at EPCOT

DCLcruiser

Why not? The CDC says transmission from surface contact is low. Anything else is just irrational fear driven by the media/social media.
I'm not a germaphobe at all, but ...bodily fluids transmit stuff? People are reusing cups they just used, or touching the dispenser after sneezing, etc. Self Serve and Buffets are going to be awkward post-pandemic.

"Modes of SARS-CoV-2 transmission are now categorized as inhalation of virus, deposition of virus on exposed mucous membranes, and touching mucous membranes with soiled hands contaminated with virus." https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/201...ience-briefs/scientific-brief-sars-cov-2.html

philly97flyer

I'm not a germaphobe at all, but ...bodily fluids transmit stuff? People are reusing cups they just used, or touching the dispenser after sneezing, etc. Self Serve and Buffets are going to be awkward post-pandemic.

"Modes of SARS-CoV-2 transmission are now categorized as inhalation of virus, deposition of virus on exposed mucous membranes, and touching mucous membranes with soiled hands contaminated with virus." https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/science/science-briefs/sars-cov-2-transmission.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/science/science-briefs/scientific-brief-sars-cov-2.html
You’re also going to restaurants where the silverware was prepared/touched by someone else, where the plates you’re eating off of/glasses you’re consuming beverages from were cleaned and placed by someone else. Club Cool soda machines really aren’t any different than any other eating/drinking experience at WDW.

DCLcruiser

You’re also going to restaurants where the silverware was prepared/touched by someone else, where the plates you’re eating off of/glasses you’re consuming beverages from were cleaned and placed by someone else. Club Cool soda machines really aren’t any different than any other eating/drinking experience at WDW.
Except at a restaurant the dishes/cutlery are all washed before another guest uses it. Tables and surfaces will be wiped down.

UNCgolf

If they use freestyle type machines and not the ones were you jam your used cup up on the lever, then not a big deal. Or if they are single use cups and have to toss after each drink. For the time being.

But putting your mouth on a cup and then pushing that cup on a lever to drop fluid into a cup with your saliva in it is not what the CDC would consider "surface contact".

Oh god I hope they don't use the freestyle machines.

I actually like just plain, standard Coke and you can't get it in those machines. The "Coke" in them tastes nothing like a Coke out of a regular fountain, a can or a bottle. It's kind of awful.

On the other hand, I suppose I should thank Coca-Cola for that, as it's really helped cut down my Coke intake seeing as how I no longer get one anywhere with those machines.

Last edited:

Soluna16

lol @ people on this site who are mad they are getting first hand accounts and pictures of what went into a new space from the imagineers before it opens..... people on this site are the worst disney fans

The vast entitlement on this forum is truly something to behold. If it doesn't agree with someone's vision it's trash and you can't convince them otherwise.

Splashin' Ryan

Rather than a constant back and forth between "I like it, it looks fine" and " I don't like it, it looks bland" think about whether or not the new design makes you want to return to the space as a whole.
Because in the end, you will almost never repeat visiting a place again unless it has some worth for you. Does the design actually inspire you to come back and "experience" it again or are you just saying it looks nice because it's brighter, cleaner, and more streamlined?

Question your own thinking rather than just saying that you like it or not.
You don't go to Disney just because "it looks nice" you go for the experience, some of which may include how nice it looks, but an experience that can't be created anywhere else. Whether or not the location provides an experience worth visiting is up to you.

CJR

Your finger is also contaminated...

I've actually seen newer machines that are completely touchless. A sensor detects a cup. You set a cup below, soda comes down and fills up most of the cup.

Hopefully Disney is installing these. They've had plenty of time to think it through and prepare. No doubt, there will be an opportunity to sanitize right before too.

Disney Analyst

Rather than a constant back and forth between "I like it, it looks fine" and " I don't like it, it looks bland" think about whether or not the new design makes you want to return to the space as a whole.
Because in the end, you will almost never repeat visiting a place again unless it has some worth for you. Does the design actually inspire you to come back and "experience" it again or are you just saying it looks nice because it's brighter, cleaner, and more streamlined?

Question your own thinking rather than just saying that you like it or not.
You don't go to Disney just because "it looks nice" you go for the experience, some of which may include how nice it looks, but an experience that can't be created anywhere else. Whether or not the location provides an experience worth visiting is up to you.

I would think since the purpose of the space is to get free samples of soda (if it remains free?) - I bet most could care less or notice what the space looks like.

Clearly many didn't notice how ugly the last Club Cool was, probably due to the tears in their eyes from trying Beverly.

I will say, from my own preference, I much prefer a bright, clean, and modern look like this.

Sir_Cliff

Okay yeah. From the glimpse we have this is a vast design improvement.

It definitely is a huge improvement. Even more so over this version:

e_innov2.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom