News New Club Cool opens Summer 2021 at EPCOT

James Alucobond

Is it me or is this even more boring and pedestrian than I had imagined. It is going to be free beverage samples in an apple store.
Yes, Zach, coke pottles are made of glass so the glass front doors could be said to bear some sort of molecular composition with a coke bottle, but it's just some applied graphics, simple palette and lazy bland uninspired design... Why even make an instagram post about this? In other news, healthy grass is green, and water is wet....
Thanks Zach...lol
I mean, if you wanna hang out in the igloo glacier thing, I’ll gladly chill in the new one in your stead.

Disney Analyst

Is it me or is this even more boring and pedestrian than I had imagined. It is going to be free beverage samples in an apple store.
Yes, Zach, coke pottles are made of glass so the glass front doors could be said to bear some sort of molecular composition with a coke bottle, but it's just some applied graphics, simple palette and lazy bland uninspired design... Why even make an instagram post about this? In other news, healthy grass is green, and water is wet....
Thanks Zach...lol

The only graphic looks to be the logo, everything else looks to me like shaped, coloured, and textured glass.

James Alucobond

I’m not a fan of Target-designs-in-a-Disney-park. I don’t remember anything like this in EPCOT Center, but time may have fuzzed things a bit. I do remember being in awe of Communicore, and Centorium, and the FW pavilions.
Would love to see the Targets where you live. That aside, one man’s sterile and bland is another’s sleek and modern. I think this is a lovely restoration of the original space with a lot of contemporary materials overlaid. I understand wishing it was more focused on EPCOT and less on Mickey in the retail area, but this is the one place in Disney where the theme being an attainable sort of futurism makes sense.

DCLcruiser

Coke bottle glass in a futuristic/Scandinavian design, i like it! Now, the spills, not sure if light colors will hold up.

Frankly, in a post-COVID world, I can't see "self serve" existing.

peter11435

I’m not a fan of Target-designs-in-a-Disney-park. I don’t remember anything like this in EPCOT Center, but time may have fuzzed things a bit. I do remember being in awe of Communicore, and Centorium, and the FW pavilions.
EPCOT center didn’t look like this. It was built 40 years ago. But it did share a lot of design similarities with malls built in the 70’s and 80’s

pdude81

Why not? The CDC says transmission from surface contact is low. Anything else is just irrational fear driven by the media/social media.
If they use freestyle type machines and not the ones were you jam your used cup up on the lever, then not a big deal. Or if they are single use cups and have to toss after each drink. For the time being.

But putting your mouth on a cup and then pushing that cup on a lever to drop fluid into a cup with your saliva in it is not what the CDC would consider "surface contact".

peter11435

If they use freestyle type machines and not the ones were you jam your used cup up on the lever, then not a big deal. Or if they are single use cups and have to toss after each drink. For the time being.

But putting your mouth on a cup and then pushing that cup on a lever to drop fluid into a cup with your saliva in it is not what the CDC would consider "surface contact".
Self serve drink machines are already in use all over WDW.

pdude81

Self serve drink machines are already in use all over WDW.
Sure, but are all the guests at Captain Cooks standing around the machines with their masks off, taking two sips out of a cup and then trying every item there is? I hope they'd use freestyle here for multiple reasons and just turn the chip readers off.

More of less I was refuting the idea that refilling drinks at a self serve beverage kiosk is the same thing as touching a doorknob and then touching your face.

Communicora

Premium Member

They were the push button kind before they closed so I'm sure they will at least avoid the lever style. I'm with you though. It doesn't seem like the most hygienic attraction at WDW. I'm more squeamish about such things now.

pdude81

They were the push button kind before they closed so I'm sure they will at least avoid the lever style. I'm with you though. It doesn't seem like the most hygienic attraction at WDW. I'm more squeamish about such things now.

Oh that's right. Not terrible if we had something along those lines, although they need some upgrades to fall in line with the redesign.

castlecake2.0

wouldn’t say this was the pinacle of imagineering either
A2A07EB4-95A9-49E2-8864-958A2D823352.jpeg

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
From a "content" perspective, I'm cautiously optimistic that CC will have most of the same as the previous incarnation. We will likely visit the next time we're in Epcot.

Now, if someone sees justification in charging for said content... I see no real reason to visit in that case.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom