New Cirque Show will be based on Disney Animation

wdwfan22

Original Poster
It appears that the new show will indeed be based on Disney Animation.

This original show will be created by Cirque du Soleil and will pay homage to Disney’s rich history of animation, with a vivid story told in a way that only Cirque du Soleil can deliver. Daniel Lamarre, President and CEO of Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group, elaborated, sharing “We are incredibly inspired by Disney’s immense creative universe. We are convinced that bringing Disney’s magic to life on stage will touch audiences and bring them back to their childhood.”

No opening date has been announced.

Cmdr_Crimson

So this will be like Fantasmic! on ropes?

Well, they do it on Disney on Ice...So I won't be surprised if something in that form comes to this show...
Disney-On-Ice-Dare-To-Dream-11.jpg

the.dreamfinder

Posted this in the other thread but oh well:
I'm not entirely thrilled with the idea of it being Disney themed. But seeing the success of tribute shows like MJ One and of course The Beatles LOVE, I am confident Cirque du Soleil can create a tasteful show centered around Disney animation. I hope it is more abstract than literal. By that I mean I can envision an aerial act with ties to Tarzan, a water bowl act which could be representative of the Little Mermaid, even something like sand painting would be beautiful to see. The possibilities are endless, really. I just hope this new show doesn't involve fur and face characters dancing about. That would be a slap in the face replacement for La Nouba, imo of course.
Curious to see who they’ll put on this project. La Nouba was Dragone’s penultimate Cirque show and having seen it at the beginning and end of its run, it held up very well.

Gringrinngghost

It appears that the new show will indeed be based on Disney Animation.

This original show will be created by Cirque du Soleil and will pay homage to Disney’s rich history of animation, with a vivid story told in a way that only Cirque du Soleil can deliver. Daniel Lamarre, President and CEO of Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group, elaborated, sharing “We are incredibly inspired by Disney’s immense creative universe. We are convinced that bringing Disney’s magic to life on stage will touch audiences and bring them back to their childhood.”

No opening date has been announced.
This was expected back in early July when I posted about it. https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...s-the-blue-man-group-and-their-future.928951/

nevol

This could be really cool. Imagine a black and white opening with plane crazy/mickey mouse, followed by steamboat willie, on into the silly symphonies, snow white, fantasia. The variety of visuals and music and the evolution of the quality/technique/technology used by disney animation over time could set the basis for the show and be the story itself, this way it isn't like Disney on Ice or a theme park show where characters matter and stories from movies are being retold. If the show is a hit, they should roll it out in paris, anaheim, and tokyo.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom