New Cirque Show will be based on Disney Animation

brb1006

That's awesome!! Maybe it'll be something like The Little Mermaid show in DisneySea
361_main_visual_name_2.jpg

20150424_mermaid_article_main_image.jpg

disneys-little-mermaid-character-ariel-sings-and-displays-wireaction-picture-id470395488

It looks amazing!!
This makes the DHS one look even more cheaper.

RSoxNo1

The Disney Sea Mermaid show is good, but not earth shattering. I enjoy the DHS one for what it's worth. The DHS Mermaid show is better than the DHS Beauty and the Beast show IMO.

Hollie512

I was blown away by the Disney Sea mermaid show! (probably helped that the DHS lowered my expectations and I'd seen nothing of it before entering!). Really looking forward to seeing what Cirque come up with, is it likely that it's already rehearsing to take over soon or that we'll be waiting a while to see it?

lazyboy97o

I was blown away by the Disney Sea mermaid show! (probably helped that the DHS lowered my expectations and I'd seen nothing of it before entering!). Really looking forward to seeing what Cirque come up with, is it likely that it's already rehearsing to take over soon or that we'll be waiting a while to see it?
The theater is being renovated and that is already behind schedule due to a new deal between Cirque and Disney having been delayed.

brb1006

I hope once they announce the new name for the Cirque show. I hope they might be able to top the show soundtrack compared to La Nouba.

Kman101

It was time, but very sad to see this show go. It was fun and well done. Will always be my first Cirque show.

I have no doubt Cirque can take Disney animation and turn it into their own art form and put on a great new show but I'm still cautious over it. I'm open to it but I'd like to get some more details. But no everyone it won't be foamheads dancing on stage ...

the.dreamfinder

It was time, but very sad to see this show go. It was fun and well done. Will always be my first Cirque show.

I have no doubt Cirque can take Disney animation and turn it into their own art form and put on a great new show but I'm still cautious over it. I'm open to it but I'd like to get some more details. But no everyone it won't be foamheads dancing on stage ...
Just a hunch, but methinks the show may be a much looser take on the material than a greatest hits type show. If you look beyond the features, the surrealism and visual comedy of shorts like “Through the Mirror”, “Pluto’s Judgement Day”, “The Band Concert”, or “Mickey’s Trailer” offer all sorts of opportunities for them.

We’ll have to wait and see, but this could be a scenario similar to how La Nouba was inspired by fairy tales and goes off in its own direction.

Kman101

BIG NEWS: Th composer for the new show will be Benoît Jutras!! Why is this anything to be excited over you may ask? Well, he was the composer for La Nouba and crafted the iconic scores for Mystere, O, and Quidam. My excitement continues to build!

Source is his official website http://benoitjutras.com/ under the latest news, "He will be the composer of the new Cirque Du Soleil mega production that will open in Orlando in 2019."

Sounds like good news!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom