New Cirque du Soleil 'Drawn to Life' show in development to replace La Nouba

Cmdr_Crimson

All I can think of when I heard the title was that they named it after the Nintendo DS/Wii game of the same name...
maxresdefault.jpg

rreading

So the composer, Benoit Jutras, is also responsible for Mystere, Quidam and Allegria - all of which have amazing soundtracks. He was also the composer for La Nouba and O. Granted those were all long ago, and his work more recently has been a bit scattered per Wikipedia, but it seems that he can make great work. Hopefully he is able to do something great with this one!

TrainsOfDisney

So the composer, Benoit Jutras, is also responsible for Mystere, Quidam and Allegria - all of which have amazing soundtracks. He was also the composer for La Nouba and O. Granted those were all long ago, and his work more recently has been a bit scattered per Wikipedia, but it seems that he can make great work. Hopefully he is able to do something great with this one!

That’s great news. Quidam and O are the 2 cirque masterpieces in my book, the music in quidam is simply perfect.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Since there will now be a strong Disney influence...am I the only one who won't be satisfied unless we see Mickey riding a unicycle doing backfilps, Minnie swinging/spinning by her ears and Donald & Daisy as ladder, chair and roller balancing team?

no. I don't want them to dumb-down CDS like that.

Nathan H

Excellent news. Glad to hear that Cirque is bringing their best composer to this.

no. I don't want them to dumb-down CDS like that.

Did you see the Michael Jackson Cirque show?

Kman101

Really starting to look forward to this. Can't wait to see what Cirque does and the soundtrack should be amazing.

Happy we finally have a name for the show, too.

brb1006

Creative director Fabrice Becker of Cirque du Soleil and Walt Disney Imagineering vice president Natalie Woodward pose with some of the costumes for "Drawn to Life," inside the show's theater.
Q6F7EOTPNNBALGHZJFFC2L4PI4.jpg

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Gahhhhhh!! I can't wait!!!!!!!! Cirque transfers are posted internally on the Hub (?) for castmembers. Rumor has it Cirque will run the box office this time (where I did my CP) and Cirque store manager & supervisor postings are on the cirque jobs website...it's getting real ya'll!!

brihow

Gahhhhhh!! I can't wait!!!!!!!! Cirque transfers are posted internally on the Hub (?) for castmembers. Rumor has it Cirque will run the box office this time (where I did my CP) and Cirque store manager & supervisor postings are on the cirque jobs website...it's getting real ya'll!!
I think the new set and costumes looks hideous and cheap. Reminds me of the Magical Map show at Disneyland. I love the idea of making a new show that relates to Disney but this doesn't look very sophisticated.

brb1006

I think the new set and costumes looks hideous and cheap. Reminds me of the Magical Map show at Disneyland. I love the idea of making a new show that relates to Disney but this doesn't look very sophisticated.
But you haven't even seen the actual show yet which doesn't premiere until April. At least wait until it finally premieres and see it in motion.

Jon81uk

The La Nouba set without the show taking place looked very bare-bones, a lot changes once the show has started.

brihow

But you haven't even seen the actual show yet which doesn't premiere until April. At least wait until it finally premieres and see it in motion.

I do hope it's better 'in action' but just to have big pieces of paper and around the stage is a very obvious design choice. I wish they had done something more conceptual and abstract.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom