New Cirque du Soleil 'Drawn to Life' show in development to replace La Nouba

Magic Feather

Wasn’t there talk at one point of a new Cirque show at UNI?
An early concept had a moderate Cirque presence on the South campus. I’m under the impression that Disney fought for them to stay exclusive he they caught wind, drawn to life happened, the Universal project died.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I’ve only seen them in Chicago... how did they sell at universal?
I remember seeing it as a kid... The auditorium was pretty large and packed.

Then I saw it a couple of years ago... They divided the auditorium in half with a black curtain, cutting out half of the seats... And even THEN, they still had LOTS of empty seats (on two separate showings I saw). I think it was either it's time to retire, or for them to develop a new BMG show.

the.dreamfinder

Cirque Du Soleil and MGM preparing to reopen “O” at The Bellagio on the forth of July. Need to be able to have 50% capacity to break even and it will take 8-10 weeks to get the show up and running.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Cirque Du Soleil and MGM preparing to reopen “O” at The Bellagio on the forth of July. Need to be able to have 50% capacity to break even and it will take 8-10 weeks to get the show up and running.
this is amazing news. Hopefully the Drawn to Life cast/crew is on standby.

mergatroid

I’ve only seen them in Chicago... how did they sell at universal?

Saw it once a few years back but was a bit disappointed with the show after reading such great reviews. One thing I've noticed many times was staff 'promoting' the show on City Walk which always made me think they struggled to sell tickets. Was offered reduced price tickets more than once when approaching the parks.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Although no mention was made in the official announcement about “Drawn to Life,” Cirque du Soleil CEO Daniel Lamarre gave a rough idea of the opening date in an interview with the Los Angeles Times."

We should be able to open sometime in the fall,” Lamarre told the California newspaper, saying the company was “honored to have the opportunity to do a show with the IP [intellectual property] of Disney.”

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I know on the Disney-side of Cirque they have been hiring specifically for Cirque but haven't given CMs a timeframe on when they'll be at that location specifically.

Jon81uk

Can we use WDW gift cards to pay for Cirque tickets when booking online? I have never been to Cirque at Disney Springs, so no clue how that all works.
Not certain on gift cards, but we had a credit on our room account last trip and the only way we could buy cirque tickets and do it as a room account charge was in person at the box office. Not even the front desk at the hotel could, they had to do credit card.
But in person at the box office they had the magic band readers. So it’s quite likely the same will be true with Disney gift cards.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom