New Christmas Parade

walt-e

There is no schedule available yet... It will be a complete surprise tomorrow!
However, there should always be 2 performances a day, one at daytime and one at nighttime.

walt-e

I believe it will always be twice a day as the park will close at 7pm at the earliest during the Christmas season (with night falling around 5pm). Moreover, pre-covid Halloween and Christmas parades were always presented twice or even three times a day.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I believe it will always be twice a day as the park will close at 7pm at the earliest during the Christmas season (with night falling around 5pm). Moreover, pre-covid Halloween and Christmas parades were always presented twice or even three times a day.
They’ve already put out a small print disclaimer stating it may run once a day “depending on park hours”. Hopefully they’ll change their minds.

jrhwdw

They’ve already put out a small print disclaimer stating it may run once a day “depending on park hours”. Hopefully they’ll change their minds.
Hope it's not a lot of early days. I believe DLP is marketing this as a daytime parade and nighttime parade with the tree lighting.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Disneyland Paris has just shared an exclusive sneak peak of the parade and all I can say is WOW!

Looks like we have a new Christmas parade theme song! Heard at the intro and outro of the video:

"Shine a light, shine a light
Just feel the pulse and [crowd?] together
Shine tonight, Christmas light,
It's Christmas in the air!

You feel in your body,
You feel it in the air
There's something quite exciting,
There's magic in the air."

Here's a piece of the parade track instrumental:

Last edited:

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Not bad!! Music isn’t overly exciting but it’s not bad either. Very glad it’s new and not reused!
Same thoughts here. Maybe I'm used to it more or it's my own personal preference, but I like the more orchestral sounds that the domestic US parks use in their Christmas parades than what I've heard so far from this new parade. Granted, we've yet to hear the full score for both the daytime and nighttime modes since it's coming in pieces, but it sounds very (maybe even too) modern to my ears especially the music for the show stops.

Maybe I'm an old soul when it comes to music, I don't know. It did take me a hot second to listen through the entirety of Mix Magic sooo... 😅

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Same thoughts here. Maybe I'm used to it more or it's my own personal preference, but I like the more orchestral sounds that the domestic US parks use in their Christmas parades than what I've heard so far from this new parade. Granted, we've yet to hear the full score for both the daytime and nighttime modes since it's coming in pieces, but it sounds very (maybe even too) modern to my ears especially the music for the show stops.

Maybe I'm an old soul when it comes to music, I don't know. It did take me a hot second to listen through the entirety of Mix Magic sooo... 😅
I get Disney Dreams Come True vibes. Some videos show the float loops clearer than just the underliner.

jrhwdw

From what I could see on Twitter from the evening performance, Pyro in Central Plaza and a nice Tree Lighting! A little early in the Evening IMO, but DLP pulled it off. Might DLP movd the second Parade time later in the evening or add a 3rd Performance as time moves on? Would be nice to see the Floats without any daylight.....

As for the Parade It's spectacular!!! It feels like a full Christmas Parade!

TTA94

Original Poster
I get Disney Dreams Come True vibes. Some videos show the float loops clearer than just the underliner.

Lol Celebrate A Dream Come True came to mind for me. It’s hard to hear the float music fully. Are they expected to release the soundtrack? Maybe I’m wrong but I feel like in the past new music from DLP came out fairly quickly?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom