New Christmas Parade

TTA94

Original Poster

Wonder if this new parade will be any good? The floats look very plasticy… but the lighting looks like it could be cool. Hopefully a brand new catchy soundtrack, but DLP has a history of either reusing old parade soundtracks or just playing a theme song over and over for the whole parade instead of individual float music.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
[ but DLP has a history of either reusing old parade soundtracks or just playing a theme song over and over for the whole parade instead of individual float music.
Not really. Top of my head Stars on Parade, Imaginations and Fantillusion (and MSEP) all had unit loops.

I’m more interested in seeing how much the day and night versions differ.

Last edited:

TTA94

Original Poster
Not really. Top of my head Stars on Parade, Imaginations and Fantillusion (and MSEP) all had unit loops.

I’m more interested in seeing how much the day and night versions differ.

True, was more thinking about the seasonal parades. Not that they were bad songs.

Curious to about the day and night versions. Don’t know how much effort they put into this parade because of the pandemic, but it does look interesting.

LondonTom

They can keep the previous Christmas parade song if they like 👀

I hope the night time mode isn't a replacement for the tree lighting ceremony and other Christmas shows they had. (I'll forgive this year)

cjkeating

Prob just Projections. Didn't the Castle Lights break like 2019?
The turret toppers weren't put on in 2019 due to them having concerns about the damage done to the castle and now they've just refurbed it I do wonder if they'll ever want to put them back on again, certainly not this year.

In 2019 there was rather poor/random castle projections built into the tree lighting ceremony that were synchronised to the new LED Main Street USA garlands.

So it'll be interesting to see how all of this is integrated with the new parade.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Yes. Show stops in Town Square and Central Plaza? Probably a castle lighting element too?
The turret toppers weren't put on in 2019 due to them having concerns about the damage done to the castle and now they've just refurbed it I do wonder if they'll ever want to put them back on again, certainly not this year.

In 2019 there was rather poor/random castle projections built into the tree lighting ceremony that were synchronised to the new LED Main Street USA garlands.

So it'll be interesting to see how all of this is integrated with the new parade.
Wouldn't there be a crowd control issue if the night-mode parade units do a show-stop for the tree lighting? I'd imagine everyone would want to be in the middle of Main Street once the tree-lighting ceremony starts, especially with the new snowfall effects.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Wouldn't there be a crowd control issue if the night-mode parade units do a show-stop for the tree lighting? I'd imagine everyone would want to be in the middle of Main Street once the tree-lighting ceremony starts, especially with the new snowfall effects.
Indeed. Time will tell.

I might even let you know 😁

cjkeating

Social distancing is no longer required so whilst it might not be ideal it wouldn't be a problem.

TTA94

Original Poster
Couple more days till this debuts. Though maybe its not something worth being excited over lol. We’ll see. A catchy brand new song would be a nice surprise for this but im expecting a reused TDL soundtrack or something.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Looks like it's just Jody Daily (1/2 of Kevin and Jody), assisted by art director Olivier Dusautoir and the Paris creative team, who designed the Christmas parade and not both of them as previously speculated. Both Jody and Olivier worked on Stars on Parade.

From Kevin and Jody's Facebook page:

Couple more days till this debuts. Though maybe its not something worth being excited over lol. We’ll see. A catchy brand new song would be a nice surprise for this but im expecting a reused TDL soundtrack or something.
Yaron Spiwak is involved in the music of the parade according to his tagged photos on Instagram (not sure if he's supervising or directing), and judging from the Google Translated-caption, it seems that there's a high chance the parade tracks are new adaptations/arrangements of preexisting music, although played by the London Symphony Orchestra.

"Disneyland Paris this Christmas! My adaptation and production for the final string of the parade that was produced and recorded here in Israel and then "in a small way" was also played by the London Symphony in Abbey Road getting ready to dress warm and style my French !!! Probably only after I see it in my eyes will I realize that it really happened ✨🕺🏽"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom