New characters coming

Ignohippo

The animation building is where most characters make their debut. Even Anna & Elsa started out there before quickly moving over to Epcot.

I wouldn't be surprised if an Olaf M&G is for a similar purpose. Draw crowds to a park with limited options and also prepare for a permanent M&G in Epcot.

Huh? The comment you quoted is referring to Inside Out going to Imagination (since Olaf is going into the Animation space).

I may be wrong, but I don't believe Anna and Elsa were ever in the Animation Building.

Olaf is obviously being shoe-horned in there because he needs a M&G and they have a place available.

Next Big Thing

Huh? The comment you quoted is referring to Inside Out going to Imagination (since Olaf is going into the Animation space).

I may be wrong, but I don't believe Anna and Elsa were ever in the Animation Building.

Olaf is obviously being shoe-horned in there because he needs a M&G and they have a place available.
I must've quoted the wrong post then. I don't really want to take the time to go back, but i'm almost certain A&E were in DHS for a VERY short period of time.

And no, Olaf is being put there to drive attendance. They could wait for a M&G until the new ride/area opened at Epcot if they wanted, but DHS needs things to do and you better bet people will flock to DHS to meet Olaf.

asianway

I must've quoted the wrong post then. I don't really want to take the time to go back, but i'm almost certain A&E were in DHS for a VERY short period of time.

And no, Olaf is being put there to drive attendance. They could wait for a M&G until the new ride/area opened at Epcot if they wanted, but DHS needs things to do and you better bet people will flock to DHS to meet Olaf.
A&E were outside of animation one day for training in fact Elsa only did one set.

mm52200

I don't think Olaf meeting at DHS is going to make a huge impact on attendance at that park or enough to notice a change because of him. I think he's meeting there literally because there's a space available.

Ignohippo

What kind of attendance boost do you think Olaf will give?

Frozen is the darling of the company and has become priority #1. I'm sure they get complaints that there is no Olaf M&G, which is the reason he's getting one now, rather than later.

Yes, there may be a few people who decide to go to DHS instead of AK because Olaf is there, but, in the big picture, I'm sure that number is negligible.

Next Big Thing

What kind of attendance boost do you think Olaf will give?

Frozen is the darling of the company and has become priority #1. I'm sure they get complaints that there is no Olaf M&G, which is the reason he's getting one now, rather than later.

Yes, there may be a few people who decide to go to DHS instead of AK because Olaf is there, but, in the big picture, I'm sure that number is negligible.
I'm not talking "boost" in attendance at all... more just something to help from attendance dropping too much seeing as the park is in dire need of help right now.

Same reason Frozen Summer Fun is rumored to come back again.

FigmentJedi

From what I understand, the idea IS NOT to replace Imagination with an !nside Out "ride". The idea is to refurb the attraction and bring those characters into it (much like Nemo in The Seas).

There seems to be quite a bit of nostalgia in the Imagineering department right now (which is a good thing) and the desire to return things to their former glory.

Just speculating, but I would imagine any refurb of Imagination would include Figment and a return of DreamFinder as well. They wouldn't have paraded him at D23 and then have him not show up in some form.
So using them as unnecessary spotlight stealing side characters?

Brer Panther

From what I understand, the idea IS NOT to replace Imagination with an !nside Out "ride". The idea is to refurb the attraction and bring those characters into it (much like Nemo in The Seas).

There seems to be quite a bit of nostalgia in the Imagineering department right now (which is a good thing) and the desire to return things to their former glory.

Just speculating, but I would imagine any refurb of Imagination would include Figment and a return of DreamFinder as well. They wouldn't have paraded him at D23 and then have him not show up in some form.

So long as Figment is still around, that doesn't sound so bad.

drew81

Original Poster
Olaf is coming because people want to meet him. I would suspect he is the most requested character currently. He might be up there with the amount of requests they got for Tink, and currently get for Agent P and Gurgi(haha). With Baymax and Hiro going to the retirement center and the new Inside Out characters heading to Epcot, it makes perfect sense for him to go there. I also think Olaf will stay there for some time because it's inside and the line can be somewhat controlled. Olaf needs to be inside to meet especially in warm temps.

If they have the Good Dinosaur characters they will show up at Dinoland or in another location at Studios. There have been rumors that other character changes are coming to the Studios. Time for the "Supers" to go back into hiding.

Ignohippo

So using them as unnecessary spotlight stealing side characters?

No, using them to breathe new life into a stale attraction and attract visitors that the pavilion itself may not attract otherwise. If the movie is a big hit, it may even help bring in sponsorship dollars.

Inside Out is all about the voices we hear in our mind. Sound to me like the perfect fit for an attraction about the imagination.

Much better than seeing the sad state of the current attraction continue to deteriorate over the next few years, isn't it?

dstrawn9889

Inside out, a classic dark ride, sponsored by Abilify ...
logo_otsuka.png

Ignohippo

Olaf is coming because people want to meet him. I would suspect he is the most requested character currently. He might be up there with the amount of requests they got for Tink, and currently get for Agent P and Gurgi(haha). With Baymax and Hiro going to the retirement center and the new Inside Out characters heading to Epcot, it makes perfect sense for him to go there. I also think Olaf will stay there for some time because it's inside and the line can be somewhat controlled. Olaf needs to be inside to meet especially in warm temps.

If they have the Good Dinosaur characters they will show up at Dinoland or in another location at Studios. There have been rumors that other character changes are coming to the Studios. Time for the "Supers" to go back into hiding.

It makes sense Olaf would need to be inside during warm days (since he's a snowman (wocka! wocka!)).

Wow! Having The Incredibles disappear would be a major, major mistake. They need a larger presence at WDW. Having them go away completely would be a real shame.

It'd be really nice of they could find some kind of "heroes" area to put BH6, The Incredibles, a couple Star Wars characters and Guardians all at the same place.

Especially with Ant Man coming this year, it's about time they start showcasing the non-Avengers Marvel characters.

Matt_Black

Well, many of the Marvel characters you'd want for meets are tied up with the Universal contract. Star Wars though makes sense. While I understand wanting to save some of them for Star Wars Weekends, there's really no good reason why they shouldn't have the Star Wars Rebels characters that they have costumes for meet to promote the show. Though Disney XD seems to get the short shrift compared to Disney Junior. No Gravity Falls M&Gs? Boo.

doctornick

Well, many of the Marvel characters you'd want for meets are tied up with the Universal contract.

But GotG and Big Hero 6 should be fine to use, as the previous poster indicated. Why not at least do them?

Star Wars though makes sense. While I understand wanting to save some of them for Star Wars Weekends, there's really no good reason why they shouldn't have the Star Wars Rebels characters that they have costumes for meet to promote the show. Though Disney XD seems to get the short shrift compared to Disney Junior. No Gravity Falls M&Gs? Boo.

Yeah, I don't understand why they wouldn't have some regular M&Gs for Star Wars -- either from Rebels or classic characters like Vader, Storm Troopers or Chewbacca.

FigmentJedi

Inside Out is all about the voices we hear in our mind. Sound to me like the perfect fit for an attraction about the imagination.

Much better than seeing the sad state of the current attraction continue to deteriorate over the next few years, isn't it?
"Voices in your head are kinda like Imagination?" That's the same sort of idiotic logic that made them think a ride about the five senses would work in the Imagination pavilion.

And yes, I am aware the film is planning to address the imagination by representing it as a Small World-esque amusement park and an imaginary friend character in the form of a stupid hobo clown elephant named Bing Bong.

Do I want that anywhere near the Imagination Pavilion. Dear god no. Even if it's gonna just start off as an EO replacement, Disney would just have it consume the rest of the pavilion and we'd have another repeat of the Imagination Institute, but this time it would be yet another Pixar circlejerk.

There's an obvious alternative way to rejuvenate interest in the pavilion to feed a refurbishment: Adapt that comic into a movie.

Ignohippo

"Voices in your head are kinda like Imagination?" That's the same sort of idiotic logic that made them think a ride about the five senses would work in the Imagination pavilion.

And yes, I am aware the film is planning to address the imagination by representing it as a Small World-esque amusement park and an imaginary friend character in the form of a stupid hobo clown elephant named Bing Bong.

Do I want that anywhere near the Imagination Pavilion. Dear god no. Even if it's gonna just start off as an EO replacement, Disney would just have it consume the rest of the pavilion and we'd have another repeat of the Imagination Institute, but this time it would be yet another Pixar circlejerk.

There's an obvious alternative way to rejuvenate interest in the pavilion to feed a refurbishment: Adapt that comic into a movie.

"Pixar circlejerk?" Classy.

Sorry. It's business. Disney is a business. Pixar sells. Sorry you don't like that.

Besides a few Disney fanbois, a movie that makes hundreds of million of dollars is a much easier sell than a borderline creepy bearded middle-aged man explaining imagination to children.

I'm a fan of DreamFinder, but he's not the most accessible character and few outside of the most fanatical Disney geek know or care about who he is.

You should be happy if they make an effort to establish the original characters and if he's brought back at all.

FigmentJedi

Besides a few Disney fanbois, a movie that makes hundreds of million of dollars is a much easier sell than a borderline creepy bearded middle-aged man explaining imagination to children.

I'm a fan of DreamFinder, but he's not the most accessible character and few outside of the most fanatical Disney geek know or care about who he is.

You should be happy if they make an effort to establish the original characters and if he's brought back at all.
Again, solution has presented itself with the comic as a template for a film that one of the Imagineers consulted on the book fantasy-casted with Depp.
538e17cd5f9c4.jpg

It sold strongly for a mini, got a lot of good reviews and probably kept this "Park-based comics line" experiment from burning out entirely.

Ignohippo

Again, solution has presented itself with the comic as a template for a film that one of the Imagineers consulted on the book fantasy-casted with Depp.
538e17cd5f9c4.jpg

It sold strongly for a mini, got a lot of good reviews and probably kept this "Park-based comics line" experiment from burning out entirely.

I'd love to see it as well, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. Any thoughts of that going anywhere are a long shot (if there's even any shot at all). We Disney geeks would love to see it, but it'd be a hard sell. Everything would have to align perfectly. Maybe if the Tomorrowland and Jungle Cruise movies kill it at the box office.

Looking realistically, Disney has a property coming out this year that could be very popular and an aging attraction that desperately needs a refurb NOW.

Ignohippo

Well, many of the Marvel characters you'd want for meets are tied up with the Universal contract. Star Wars though makes sense. While I understand wanting to save some of them for Star Wars Weekends, there's really no good reason why they shouldn't have the Star Wars Rebels characters that they have costumes for meet to promote the show. Though Disney XD seems to get the short shrift compared to Disney Junior. No Gravity Falls M&Gs? Boo.

That's why I specifically listed Guardians and Ant Man.

You wouldn't want to have a specific Marvel area (since the Avengers are tied to the Uni contract), but the character that aren't tied into that deal would work perfectly if they were mixed with other Disney "Heroes."

As for Star Wars, until the big SW expansion is done, I see a need for keeping most of the characters for Star Wars Weekends. But, having a couple of characters (like your idea of the Rebels characters) as part of this "Heroes" meet and greet area would fit perfectly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom