New characters coming

mattdenine

My DD is going to be pretty excited to meet Sheriff Callie in October when we go. She loves the show although its not one of my favourites but I guess my opinion is not the one that counts.

Brian Swan

Sheriff Callie and friends.
sheriff-callie-feat-6.jpg

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth. I an SO glad I do have young kids and have to put up with this kind of stuff...

Matt_Black

Sheriff Callie is also voiced by Mandy Moore, who also did the voice work for Rapunzel. I guess Disney owns her. :)

Well, she's a voice actress who's done a lot of work, much of it for Disney, though she also voiced Lois Lane for a DC short. Other Disney voice work includes Kingdom Hearts (the very first game; don't know if they kept her for the 1.5 edition), Brother Bear 2, and Tron: Uprising, in addition to voicing Rapunzel in all the character's post-Tangled appearances. Live action, she was in The Princess Diaries. So, like other princess voice actresses, I would not be surprised if she was inducted as a Disney Legend at some point in the future.

As far as Sheriff Callie goes, it's a fun show, though there's a warped part of my brain that is always imagining a Deadlands crossover.

Bing Bong

An Inside Out makeover is on the table for Imagination if the movie does well.

With that in "mind" (pun-intended), it makes sense, with all of the room available in the Imagination Pavillion, that those characters could be there if they aren't going to the Animation Building.

It could also be a "soft" way of getting people prepared for them to take over the entire pavilion.
And just like that I have lost all hope.

doctornick

Thinking about cartoon characters on TV for Disney... is there any chance we might ever see characters from Star Wars Rebels appear as M&Gs in the park? Seems like that would be the type of synergy thing that Disney would love.

doctornick

With that in "mind" (pun-intended), it makes sense, with all of the room available in the Imagination Pavillion, that those characters could be there if they aren't going to the Animation Building.

I remember Figment and Dreamfinder meeting at Imagination in the distant past. Was there a specific area which was used for that and is is available/empty for a new M&G?

Also, If the "mystery project" for Epcot is indeed a new film for the Eo theater, would that impact replacing Imagination with an Inside Out ride.

asianway

I remember Figment and Dreamfinder meeting at Imagination in the distant past. Was there a specific area which was used for that and is is available/empty for a new M&G?

Also, If the "mystery project" for Epcot is indeed a new film for the Eo theater, would that impact replacing Imagination with an Inside Out ride.
Dreamfinder roamed the entire pavilion. That was in the days of common sense. Figzilla had a dedicated greet in the old camera gift shop up the hill that's now merch storage

Matt_Black

Thinking about cartoon characters on TV for Disney... is there any chance we might ever see characters from Star Wars Rebels appear as M&Gs in the park? Seems like that would be the type of synergy thing that Disney would love.

Well, there are costumes for Sabine and Ezra; they made parade appearances (but no M&Gs) at Star Wars Weekends last year.

Ignohippo

From what I understand, the idea IS NOT to replace Imagination with an !nside Out "ride". The idea is to refurb the attraction and bring those characters into it (much like Nemo in The Seas).

There seems to be quite a bit of nostalgia in the Imagineering department right now (which is a good thing) and the desire to return things to their former glory.

Just speculating, but I would imagine any refurb of Imagination would include Figment and a return of DreamFinder as well. They wouldn't have paraded him at D23 and then have him not show up in some form.

Bing Bong

From what I understand, the idea IS NOT to replace Imagination with an !nside Out "ride". The idea is to refurb the attraction and bring those characters into it (much like Nemo in The Seas).

There seems to be quite a bit of nostalgia in the Imagineering department right now (which is a good thing) and the desire to return things to their former glory.

Just speculating, but I would imagine any refurb of Imagination would include Figment and a return of DreamFinder as well. They wouldn't have paraded him at D23 and then have him not show up in some form.
Well that makes me feel a lot better. It would be cool if they could restore the ride to something like the original and then put Inside Out in the theater.

Next Big Thing

An Inside Out makeover is on the table for Imagination if the movie does well.

It could also be a "soft" way of getting people prepared for them to take over the entire pavilion.
The animation building is where most characters make their debut. Even Anna & Elsa started out there before quickly moving over to Epcot.

I wouldn't be surprised if an Olaf M&G is for a similar purpose. Draw crowds to a park with limited options and also prepare for a permanent M&G in Epcot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom