News New Changes Coming to the Disney Look 2021

TrainsOfDisney

hair, beard, nails can be easily enforced but what about people with tattoos that now don't comply with the rules (if they were somehow hired with neck/face tattoos)?
I haven’t seen any CM’s with neck / face tatoos, I’ve seen a few with unkept beards and extreme colors in hair.

My biggest problem with the new look (when enforced) is the jewelry, necklaces take away from the costume too much. Same with some bracelets although they aren’t usually as noticeable.

CntrlFlPete

The problem isn't gender-neutral costuming, it's gendered costuming being worn by the opposite gender. Shout out to the bearded fellow in the Harbour House dress and bonnet.

MY take has been that they made the skirt gender neutral. My feeling has been that most of the males I have seen wearing skirts are doing so just because they can (and a skirt certainly breaths much better in the FL heat!).

Are piercings in the policy? I just find it odd that piercings are ok but nail polish seems like it can only be black (on males).

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
MY take has been that they made the skirt gender neutral. My feeling has been that most of the males I have seen wearing skirts are doing so just because they can (and a skirt certainly breaths much better in the FL heat!).

Are piercings in the policy? I just find it odd that piercings are ok but nail polish seems like it can only be black (on males).
Costumes are no longer male/female, anyone can wear either costume as long as it’s complete (no mismatched pieces). The piercing and nail polish rules are the same for everyone, two per ear worn in a matching set, nails any solid color.

CntrlFlPete

Costumes are no longer male/female, anyone can wear either costume as long as it’s complete (no mismatched pieces). The piercing and nail polish rules are the same for everyone, two per ear worn in a matching set, nails any solid color.

Thanks! I was wondering more about visible non-ear piercings, but you answered my question in your response!

Tom P.

The problem isn't gender-neutral costuming, it's gendered costuming being worn by the opposite gender. Shout out to the bearded fellow in the Harbour House dress and bonnet.
Star Trek was indeed ahead of its time.

s-l400.jpg

celluloid

But mismatched pieces would be inclusive to someone's self expression. The logic or lack of in some of these things were very confusing.

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
That can be changed as the gender was always a part of that. So why is that where the line is drawn?
I’ll use Canada as an example. Cast can choose between look a and look b to wear. They can’t combine pieces or else it would be a full plaid suit. Also if costumes start getting mismatched then you might run out of pieces to make a complete set. Some areas already have a mix and match costume program that was specifically designed that way, like some roles at Riviera, DAK, and Coronado Springs, so it works there, that might be the trend going forward who knows. But for most current costumes they can’t be mixed.
1A1DDFDB-600B-4E34-8AB6-01A96039A0F1.jpeg

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
I sincerely appreciate you giving the examples and I know you did not write the rules.

It is funny that clashing some colors may be a no no, but a bearded man wearing a costume designed for the fit of a female dress is fine.
99% of the time it’s the other way around. Since the changes were made I have only seen 1 bearded man in a dress, it’s mostly women going for the mens costumes

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom