News New Changes Coming to the Disney Look 2021

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
Hopefully this is indeed true. I'm super supportive of folks having the chance to be themselves at work, I think it certainly helps boost morale; but a firm and fair dress code is needed again. The last few visits the number of generally disheveled CMs was sad to see.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Hopefully this is indeed true. I'm super supportive of folks having the chance to be themselves at work, I think it certainly helps boost morale; but a firm and fair dress code is needed again. The last few visits the number of generally disheveled CMs was sad to see.
…the decline of common sense is to blame. I always side with freedom of expression…but that is dignified and doesn’t cross the line to putting yourself on display for effect.

Now I’ll go chase the kids off my lawn 😂

Stupido

Yeah, they built inclusion as one of the pillars of the company. If they start firing people based off of what they look like, I’ll be pretty let down. Especially since cast member moral is already so low. This trip I went on October experienced a lot of less than magical interactions with cast members. A lot of them were on their phones, I saw a few eye rolls from cast members stretched too thin, and even witnessed a guest service cast member full on ignoring guests so she could tell her friend about the great discount she got at Cast Connections earlier that day. If there’s someone committed to making magic, who fully understands what’s expected of them and is happy to deliver, but they happen to have pink hair? I’d take that over the majority of cast members I saw in the park this past trip.

el_super

Yeah, they built inclusion as one of the pillars of the company. If they start firing people based off of what they look like, I’ll be pretty let down.

This isn't a reversal of the previous changes to the Disney look. They will remain in place. Since the changes, and due in part to the lack of staffing, enforcement of any appearance standards has been non-existent and this is an attempt to restart some of that enforcement. Things being emphasized now are very objective rules like hair styles, hair color, nail color and the like. Rules regarding how Cast Members present themselves (with regard to inclusion) are not being changed.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
This isn't a reversal of the previous changes to the Disney look. They will remain in place. Since the changes, and due in part to the lack of staffing, enforcement of any appearance standards has been non-existent and this is an attempt to restart some of that enforcement. Things being emphasized now are very objective rules like hair styles, hair color, nail color and the like. Rules regarding how Cast Members present themselves (with regard to inclusion) are not being changed.
Indeed, if you read his Twitter chain, he's saying they're simply enforcing the "new look" that came out in 2021. Apparently, CMs were going beyond the new rules and it wasn't being enforced. It seems that during a labor shortage, managers didn't want to lose the help.

fgmnt

Indeed, if you read his Twitter chain, he's saying they're simply enforcing the "new look" that came out in 2021. Apparently, CMs were going beyond the new rules and it wasn't being enforced. It seems that during a labor shortage, managers didn't want to lose the help.
My understanding: Having someone assigned female at birth donning a conventionally more masculine dress on Main Street meets the key of inclusion. Having gauges or dyed neon hair does not meet the key of show.

The show key is being reinforced, the inclusion key is not being modified.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
My understanding: Having someone assigned female at birth donning a conventionally more masculine dress on Main Street meets the key of inclusion. Having gauges or dyed neon hair does not meet the key of show.

The show key is being reinforced, the inclusion key is not being modified.
The Tweeter was using pink-dyed hair, which isn't part of the 'new look' as an example. So... don't know where you're getting your point about gender-neutral costuming, which is indeed part of the new look.

Disstevefan1

gender-neutral costuming, which is indeed part of the new look.
Perfect!
CommClothing.png

ChrisFL

Premium Member
hair, beard, nails can be easily enforced but what about people with tattoos that now don't comply with the rules (if they were somehow hired with neck/face tattoos)?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom