New Center Stage at Disney's Hollywood Studios

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Isn't that what the new turrets are for? To blend in the existing infrastructure? The archways don't seem out of place to me either- I look at the stage as a courtyard of the castle- which has archways.

Thanks for the pic. Looks like the cinder blocks lining the walls are what will be used for a portion of the stage? I'm also curious if they're going to level the area where the stars used to be on the right of the pic.

This will be interesting. I know some thing the stage in front of Cinderella's castle is intrusive (which I completely disagree with)- this one will be different as the theater is level and not already extremely elevated to where the stage actually blends in w/ Cinderella's castle. Intrigued to see them pull this off (or not)

No, the cinder blocks are just there to hold up the walls not to be used to build something.

Cesar R M

maybe so that you can watch the parade and head to an attraction when its done ahead of the folks on main street... plus you are a little like a salmon swimming upstream walking up main street after the parade, with masses of people heading out and leaving
who would head out after the 3:00 pm parade? o_O
I honestly see the flow in the opposite direction the times I was there.

Goofyernmost

You guys are confusing an old person here. How did we go from Center Stage in DHS to the 3:00 parade on Main Street in MK?
From Monday 3/30:

img_6891-jpg.88649

Thanks for the pic. Looks like the cinder blocks lining the walls are what will be used for a portion of the stage? I'm also curious if they're going to level the area where the stars used to be on the right of the pic.
If it is the upper right hand corner of this picture that you are talking about, then no, that is the remaining base of the old BAH. I fully expect that it will be part of the new stage, when complete, but, who knows. We shall see, when we shall see it.

Ignohippo

Or you could take the boat to Epcot and the Monorail to MK! See I'm not as senile as I seem. If, however, you were to short sighted to get a park hopper, then you are stuck with the bus. :)

We tried that once. Once.

It took FOREVER. First, you have to walk through EPCOT to get to the Monorail Station, then to the hub at MK, then another Monorail to the park itself. Never again.

It would have been a million times easier to just hop on a bus at DHS.

Goofyernmost

It took FOREVER. First, you have to walk through EPCOT to get to the Monorail Station, then to the hub at MK, then another Monorail to the park itself. Never again.

I never said it was easy... I just offered it as an alternative. I wouldn't do it either, but, that is an alternate way.

Monorail_Red_77

So true. I took that route once opposite. MK to TTC to EPCOT via monorail then hoofed through epcot, then boat to DHS. Never again. Also not a good idea to park hop more than one hop in a day as it wastes too much time hopping and rechecking bags, etc. But, thats me.

Now, if it were all monorail transfers it would not be so bad I think. That is if all parks were connected via monorails. To me the boats are soo slow. Lately we have actually gone retro and go back to our car and transfer to each parking lot, as there is no charge if you are staying on-site, or if you have already paid your daily parking fare. You just show your receipt and you can go to as many parking lots that day for no extra charge. Plus in my option it is faster than the bus. Now keep in mind this is two adults dealing with three kids and one is an infant. So we have a stroller and car carrier plus diaper bag, etc. Not really bus friendly. Last time we did this we were packed in a bus like sardines and it took forever to get to our next destination. We are extremely familiar with WDW roadways and is no issue to take our own car around.
Reason we limit our park hopping is because we generally go once or twice a month to WDW, so we pick one,maybe two parks to see that day. In my opinion it is better that way, so you are not losing park time in transit.

What I think would be nice but probably a logisitical nightmare would be to have bag check at each of the parking lots and then have an internal transit system so that you do not have to check your bag at each park. This way you check your bag once and then you can transfer park to park via a secured internal tranist to the other parks. Though that would require some sort of transit that only picked up and dropped off inside the park turnstiles and would be an issue with ticketing too I am sure. Maybe they could have a check point like a fast past queue that would check either for park hopper option or active passholder via magic band.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

Nothing interesting was happening with the stage.
Nothing interesting or nothing at all? It worries me when they pause a project. It means that they are rethinking the plan, re-designing or cutting budget. Hard to tell in this case, but, the track record has not been good. It seems from a non-experienced viewpoint that what I could see happening was quite simple and should be almost done by now... however, such is not the way with Disney.

ToTBellHop

Nothing interesting or nothing at all? It worries me when they pause a project. It means that they are rethinking the plan, re-designing or cutting budget. Hard to tell in this case, but, the track record has not been good. It seems from a non-experienced viewpoint that what I could see happening was quite simple and should be almost done by now... however, such is not the way with Disney.
It does seem simple and it is progressing, just very slowly. We don't know what wiring changes are needed for the new stage, though. It has to finish up in the next 3 weeks for SWW as they need the stage.

doctornick

Can someone give a summary about the stage: is it a permanent stage or will it be added and removed based on need? And will it raise and lower into the ground or is that just wishful thinking?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom