News New Caribbean Beach Resort table service restaurant announced - Sebastian's Bistro

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
:joyfull:

But isn't that the truth?

I don't really care about this, per say, actually, it's something I shouldn't even be bothered by, but it just speaks to them thinking we're all dumb and need characters. I can see right through why they did this.

THIS! I usually don't mind, I SHOULDN'T mind, but this is just lazy. We can all see right through this.

Indeed...Marriott business class looking timeshares in one place...character looking restaurants going in (rumored) in the lobby and now at Caribbean

Kman101

There are so many restaurants that use a cartoon animal as a mascot and logo. This is normal. If you already own the rights to thousands of cartoon animals why would you not use it? Seriously can people stop hating on Disney for using it's property for it's properties. And now we will hear about the original EPCOT.

And this is why they get away with what they do.

I wish people saw the complaints for what they were instead of it "hating on Disney". I don't hate Disney, FYI ;) I was just there to visit Toy Story Land.

But you're reaction, this is part of the problem. Not you personally, don't take that wrong, but the constant defense of everything they do is just as bad as you thinking we all "hate on Disney".

Try looking at it differently.

SteamboatJoe

Disney parks were built to provide entertainment and brand recognition to the middle class. Period. Anyone that says anything else otherwise is a revisionist.

But you’ll find many on boards who say it’s all the grand design of Saint Reagan and the free market...when in reality its a flat footed bob iger and board exploiting one of their biggests assets beyond the safe levels to make up for changing technology and decline in others under the crush of Wall street’s daily gain mentality.

I hope a moratorium is never written on the quality of Disney parks...but it’s possible. Realism.
There was a post in General Discussion asking people how much they spend on their trips a while back. I've stayed at a moderate resort for more than five nights the past two trips, gotten the dining plan (I know...I know), and paid for roundtrip airfare from the Midwest and was floored to see what I spent was on the low end of many of the responses.

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Earlier this year, when I was looking to book a 6-night stay in mid-October for my mom, niece, and 2 of my sons, CBR was consistently cheaper than Port Orleans and Dixie Landings (or - Port Orleans French Quarter and Port Orleans Riverside, for those too young to remember those names). Not much cheaper, but it usually $20-30/night cheaper. I wonder how that will change in the next 12-18 months.

(CBR was still $230-250/night, by the way.)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
There was a post in General Discussion asking people how much they spend on their trips a while back. I've stayed at a moderate resort for more than five nights the past two trips, gotten the dining plan (I know...I know), and paid for roundtrip paid airfare from the Midwest and was floored to see what I spent was on the low end of many of the responses.

But...once you and a wave of others are priced out...they won’t replace them.

It’s not “luxury”...it never will be. It needs masses that will dry up over the next couple of decades.

And let’s not forget that things are “good” now...people tend to get overzealous and drunk off of bread and circuses. Thad never lasts forever.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Earlier this year, when I was looking to book a 6-night stay in mid-October for my mom, niece, and 2 of my sons, CBR was consistently cheaper than Port Orleans and Dixie Landings (or - Port Orleans French Quarter and Port Orleans Riverside, for those too young to remember those names). Not much cheaper, but it usually $20-30/night cheaper. I wonder how that will change in the next 12-18 months.

(CBR was still $230-250/night, by the way.)

There has been a wave of disneyfan denial since the ski lift was announced that has convinced themselves that those hotels are still gonna be budget friendly.

It’s the equivalent of a weatherman making his forceast after checking the obituaries instead of the radar.

Get ready to be floored.

Last edited:

the.dreamfinder

There has been a wave of disneyfan denial since the ski lift was announced that has convinced themselves that those hotels are still gonna be budget friendly.

It’s rhe equivalent of a weatherman making his forceast after checking the obituaries instead of the radar.

Get ready to be floored.
The worst part of this stuff is that, if Disney has maintained pricing it had in the late 80’s/early 90’s, they could have waaay more visitors and hotel guests, but PGRS is killing P&R.

Mickey5150

And this is why they get away with what they do.

I wish people saw the complaints for what they were instead of it "hating on Disney". I don't hate Disney, FYI ;) I was just there to visit Toy Story Land.

But you're reaction, this is part of the problem. Not you personally, don't take that wrong, but the constant defense of everything they do is just as bad as you thinking we all "hate on Disney".

Try looking at it differently.
I'm looking at it differently. I'm looking at a company that is using the things that make them known worldwide. They tried to put no characters in Epcot and people kept asking "where are the characters?" I like that Disney is adding characters into more parts of their parks, I'm glad they are making that change.

SteamboatJoe

There are so many restaurants that use a cartoon animal as a mascot and logo. This is normal. If you already own the rights to thousands of cartoon animals why would you not use it? Seriously can people stop hating on Disney for using it's property for it's properties. And now we will hear about the original EPCOT.

The characters and themes unique to the parks are just as iconic for many as those in the films. Using the parks for cross promotion makes sense. Making the parks subservient to the films and fundamentally changing their very nature does not. To understand this point of view, one must look at the parks from a historical and artistic viewpoint, not from a consumer or capitalist viewpoint. Both ends of the spectrum can be adequately served. That was the genius of Walt Disney. That approach has either been forgotten, or worse, willfully ignored.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm looking at it differently. I'm looking at a company that is using the things that make them known worldwide. They tried to put no characters in Epcot and people kept asking "where are the characters?" I like that Disney is adding characters into more parts of their parks, I'm glad they are making that change.

And yet...you completely went matador on the real question:

Why are you offended that anything disney does is questioned?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The characters and there's unique to the parks are just as iconic for many as those in the films. Using the parks for cross promotion makes sense. Making the parks subservient to the films and fundamentally changing their very nature does not. To understand this point of view, one must look at the parks from a historical and artistic viewpoint, not from a consumer or capitalist viewpoint. Both ends of the spectrum can be adequately served. That was the genius of Walt Disney. That approach has either been forgotten, or worse, willfully ignored.

...the latter for sure. And it’s all of our faults for being economically immature, frivolous and going along with it.

Minnie Mum

Well then lucky you, because Iger is fulfilling your wish.

But getting back to the original topic, this restaurant isn't in the parks. It's in a resort. NOT a value resort, well known for their garish, overblown, in your face cartoon icons. A MOD resort, which have always been known for their immersive and detailed decor, faithful to the theme of each resort. Look at the interior artist rendering. What says Caribbean about that room? Forget the name. Remove the posters, er "artwork", from the walls and you've got an overly bright, generic room with cheap looking formica tables and stackable chairs. Disney should be ashamed of themselves.

I seriously dislike the current "if you don't love it, then you must hate it" viewpoint which seems pandemic, especially in the US. It is certainly not conducive to civilized discussion, and only leads to rancor. Nothing in life is all black and white (except zebras and Steamboat Willie). Few things are guaranteed to rile me more than being called a hater because I disagree with one (or some) part(s) of the whole.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom